Dude gets "Hammered" in a Philadelphia Subway - See the link for the brutal footage

[quote name='dmaul1114']It applies to any type of life saving. That's what you're trained in boy scouts etc. etc.

Hey, if people want to risk themselves to save strangers, they can be my guest.

I just hate all the holier than thou nerds sitting behind their computer saying they'd be all Chuck Norris and step into intervene with some nut job beating someone with hammer, or stabbing someone on a bus etc. etc. and bashing people for doing nothing. The vast majority of these people would do nothing if they were there as well.[/quote]

You're intellectualizing this too much. It's a simple question of what kind of man you are: the kind that immediately steps in to defend those in need, or the kind that stops and watches/weighs their options and the possible consequences of intervening.

It's not "holier than thou", brother. The simple fact is that the last few decades have brought immense emasculation to the American male. It's no longer cool in many people's minds to be a real man, one not opposed to violence and using force when it is necessary. This is who we were intended to be, what was written on our DNA, yet society (and weak message board frequenters) will tell you that you shouldn't be that way. I reject that mantra.

I'm not condoning random acts of violence. What I am saying though is that men were made bigger and stronger than women for a reason, and it's not just to "work the fields". If we as men won't defend those in need, who will? Furthermore, I pose this question to you, reader: if you are riding on a dangerous subway late at night and trouble befalls you, what type of man would you hope is sitting close to you? The type that automatically will defend you if you are attacked, or the type that might not step in for fear of getting hurt himself?

[quote name='Ender']You're intellectualizing this too much. It's a simple question of what kind of man you are: the kind that immediately steps in to defend those in need, or the kind that stops and watches/weighs their options and the possible consequences of intervening.

It's not "holier than thou", brother. The simple fact is that the last few decades have brought immense emasculation to the American male. It's no longer cool in many people's minds to be a real man, one not opposed to violence and using force when it is necessary. This is who we were intended to be, what was written on our DNA, yet society (and weak message board frequenters) will tell you that you shouldn't be that way. I reject that mantra.

I'm not condoning random acts of violence. What I am saying though is that men were made bigger and stronger than women for a reason, and it's not just to "work the fields". If we as men won't defend those in need, who will? Furthermore, I pose this question to you, reader: if you are riding on a dangerous subway late at night and trouble befalls you, what type of man would you hope is sitting close to you? The type that automatically will defend you if you are attacked, or the type that might not step in for fear of getting hurt himself?[/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='Ender']You're intellectualizing this too much. It's a simple question of what kind of man you are: the kind that immediately steps in to defend those in need, or the kind that stops and watches/weighs their options and the possible consequences of intervening.

I'm not condoning random acts of violence. What I am saying though is that men were made bigger and stronger than women for a reason, and it's not just to "work the fields". If we as men won't defend those in need, who will? Furthermore, I pose this question to you, reader: if you are riding on a dangerous subway late at night and trouble befalls you, what type of man would you hope is sitting close to you? The type that automatically will defend you if you are attacked, or the type that might not step in for fear of getting hurt himself?[/QUOTE]

You go you macho, macho man.

People suck, I'm not risking myself for a stranger. And the best way to stay safe is to be smart. Don't be on a dangerous subway late at night by yourself. Don't be on it at all, or be with friends you trust to watch each others back. Much less being asleep on one by yourself.

I'm not condoning random acts of violence. What I am saying though is that men were made bigger and stronger than women for a reason, and it's not just to "work the fields". If we as men won't defend those in need, who will? Furthermore, I pose this question to you, reader: if you are riding on a dangerous subway late at night and trouble befalls you, what type of man would you hope is sitting close to you? The type that automatically will defend you if you are attacked, or the type that might not step in for fear of getting hurt himself?[/quote]

Can I haz bromance with you? :drool:

bread's done
Back