"Dueling Banjos" Guitar Hero Mod- Awesomeness Ensues

Greetard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wfdgY5ZYDk[/MEDIA]

I really wish I had the kind of technical know-how to do this kind of stuff.

They need to get the "mess up" sound modulation and such in there. Oh, and actually hit half the notes...

And Freebird is fucking awesome ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Seems most of you know very little about custom songs.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's not really all that difficult to add them in. There are guides available.

wow, i've never played or seen anyone play GH before, but those scrolling notes made me dizzy. hmmm.......maybe getting GH3 for Wii might not be such a good idea....

[quote name='Killbreed']wow, i've never played or seen anyone play GH before, but those scrolling notes made me dizzy. hmmm.......maybe getting GH3 for Wii might not be such a good idea....[/quote]Considering it isn't coming out for the Wii, I'd concur.

[quote name='magiic']???[/quote]Honestly the first I've heard of it. Clearly I'm missing out on a lot of Wii news for no reason at all.

Its not a 'modding' process.

It's like this:

You take your GH2 files to your computer.
You get a program. GHex, to inject/replace songs with new songs that are basically a combination of a new .mp3 and a new notechart to sync to that mp3.
You re-create a working PS2 .ISO file
Burn that to a DVD
Have a way to play burned PS2 games
Your new 'copy' of GH2 has as many new songs as you can fit onto the disc.

The whole process of replacing like 20 songs takes me like 2-3 hours I'd say.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Its not a 'modding' process.

Have a way to play burned PS2 games
[/quote]

That would be modding.

everytime i watch the videos it makes me want to mod my ps2. the temptation for my own songs is great. ive been reading up on a it a lot lately, and it sure doesnt look hard, it looks like it just takes patience.

this would be a pretty fun one to play, especially with the new coop mode in III.

You don't even have to mod your PS2 to play these. You can just use these songs on a PC Guitar Hero sim, like Frets on Fire, and use a PS2-to-USB converter to use a guitar controller on your PC.

[quote name='Greetard']I really wish I had the kind of technical know-how to do this kind of stuff.[/quote]
fuck that... I wish i had the gutair hero skills to even pass this song :lol:

bread's done
Back