Duke Nukem Balls of Steel PS3 $18 at Amazon

[quote name='Nesmaster75']This is the one edition of a game I've wanted for the longest time, and literally put money aside for a potential Black Friday deal. Once the deal went live, I had my brother order me one since I was at work, and I come home to find out he ordered the PC version accidentally. :( Now I'm debating if I want to spend the $50 through the third party seller since they're sold out, and I just want to play this game...

Thanks for posting though, OP :)[/QUOTE]

The PC game alone, which I believe may be sealed on its own inside the balls of steel edition, sells for between $15-20 new on ebay....buy the console version from gamefly, sell the PC version on ebay...even after fees, you'll probably net out at around $10-ish cost for the console game and the balls of steel goodies, which aren't any different for the PC version vs the PS3 or 360...only the game disk and outer box are different.

[quote name='Xevious']I loved Duke Nukem 3D when it was on the PC. I kinda don't want my memories damaged by this game. I heard it was awful.

At the same time, I'm curious about it.[/QUOTE]

eh its all on how you look at it.

I have huge memories of Duke 3d from when I was younger. Just as many as Doom, Shadow Warrior, Quake etc.

But Im one of the many who followed this games development from like 1997 in Gamepro magazine.

To me Duke Nukem Forever should be played through once for history sake. If youre a Duke fan, just play through it to enjoy the 3d versions of pig cops, octos and the weapons. To me that alone was worth it. The campagin to a Duke fan who understands the brutal history of the game will be enjoyable enough. As long as your expectations are fair.

The game by todays standards is not the same. Its not fair to judge it that way. This is why Ive told so many people to ignore all reviews. All reviewers for the major sites are like 19 years old and dont even know who Duke was. Its awful.

Finally, to me, the Multiplayer alone validated the games appeal long term. I put in 70 hours according to the leaderboards on the 360 version online. Modern Dukematch with all the old weapons and attitude. Simple and fun. I still pop it in to play every now and then. There are still plenty of people to get a game going too. DNF is probably my guilty pleasure favorite game of the year.

Aww price went back up, oh well I'll pick it up once the price goes down again hopefully. Only Want this for the nostalgia factor haha

damn looks like i missed this and some other good amazon deals. Ive been severly turned off of them lately with their terrible shipping. Been busy getting ready for Turkey day too. I better make ita point to check in at least once a day

hmm I ordered this yesterday with prime and it still hasn't shipped yet. Prime orders usually ship out within the same day. Anyone else even gotten a shipping notice yet?

[quote name='dmdragon']hmm I ordered this yesterday with prime and it still hasn't shipped yet. Prime orders usually ship out within the same day. Anyone else even gotten a shipping notice yet?[/QUOTE]

Ordered yesterday, but it is already out for delivery today. I should have it when I get home from work.

[quote name='dmdragon']hmm I ordered this yesterday with prime and it still hasn't shipped yet. Prime orders usually ship out within the same day. Anyone else even gotten a shipping notice yet?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Very unusual. In addition I got in on this deal very very early.

:bomb: I woulda used my $10 credit from Saint's Row 3, my remaining $5-6 in credit and probably bought some fillers to get to $25 for FSSS to pick this up....but I missed it.:cry:

Oh well. I still haven't finished the vanilla copy I picked up from AWD a while ago as it is.

Just got it, they actually sent me the PC version by mistake, which is good by me since that is actually what I wanted (but it was more money at the time)

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Just got it, they actually sent me the PC version by mistake, which is good by me since that is actually what I wanted (but it was more money at the time)[/QUOTE]

They did the same thing to me as well...There was a sticker over the PC's version UPC with the PS3 stock number on it

[quote name='slowdive21']Lightning deal for PC version 18.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude.. beat the game on PS3 but this is a good deal for the swag alone. Grabbed one.

bread's done
Back