Duke Nukem Forever reg/BoS CE play-asia $44.90/$89.90 Asia ver. Region Free

aeroforce325

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
Just figured I'd post a heads up for those who are only going to buy the standard version of the game, or for those who wont care that it's from a foreign region or not, as it's priced at $44.90 on play-asia for the Asian version game, which is also region free. It's also in stock.

Balls of Steel Edition Asian version game is also now in stock. At the time of this posting it wasnt, and therefore I did not include it, but now it is, and the link to it is posted below.

Regular version: $44.90
http://www.play-asia.com/Duke_Nukem_Forever/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-45v6.html

Balls of Steel Editon: $89.90
http://www.play-asia.com/Duke_Nukem_Forever_Balls_of_Steel_Edition/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-49au.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aeroforce325']Just figured I'd post a heads up for those who are only going to buy the standard version of the game, or for those who wont care that it's from a foreign region or not, as it's priced at $44.90 on play-asia for the Asian version game, which is also region free. It's also in stock.

http://www.play-asia.com/Duke_Nukem_Forever/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-45v6.html
[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that based on reviews that we will be seeing this lower then this price a week or two after release..

Thanks though OP

Im guessing youll see 35$ range in a month.

although again Im going to buy it for full price at midnight cause I need it lol but the value should come soon enough for those who wait.

Even great games like Portal and Mortal Kombat were 35-45 weeks after release.

[quote name='heartagram311']I'd like to order this, but for whatever reason, I can never get their website to load. I always get a "page cannot be displayed" error...[/QUOTE]

Should try using chrome if you dont already have it.

[quote name='aeroforce325']Should try using chrome if you dont already have it.[/QUOTE]

It's the weirdest thing. ALL of my web browsers cannot access this website. It either says I'm not connected to the internet or it cannot find the page. This is the ONLY website I cannot access.

[quote name='mr rico college']I agree, this title is going to drop like a rock.[/QUOTE]

...only because everyone in America shits all over themselves with tactical FPS garbage and call themselves gamers. The 3 bad reviews of this that I read all had the same theme: Duke Nukem needs to be more like SOCOM, because that's the only type of FPS there is. And I think one of those came from Joystiq. :roll:

@heartagram311 - It almost sounds like you were banned, or that the website is blocked by your firewall/antivirus. Either try visiting through a proxy, or try disabling your protection.

[quote name='Blade']...only because everyone in America shits all over themselves with tactical FPS garbage and call themselves gamers. The 3 bad reviews of this that I read all had the same theme: Duke Nukem needs to be more like SOCOM, because that's the only type of FPS there is. And I think one of those came from Joystiq. :roll:

@heartagram311 - It almost sounds like you were banned, or that the website is blocked by your firewall/antivirus. Either try visiting through a proxy, or try disabling your protection.[/QUOTE]

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/duke-nukem-forever

9 Reviews in metacritic score 54.... Most of the reviews are saying the same thing: The game is dated, lines are reused too soon, extreme load times and slow down. Also, its not a true Duke game if you want to go throwback route (where are the keycards, why can you only carry 2 weapons, why do I cover to regain health....that's not old Duke Nukem)

I believe the best line I have read so far was "If you want a sequel to Duke Nukem 3D then go drop $60 on Bulletstorm."

Now don't get me wrong I will pick this up, but only because its Duke and when it hits $35 or lower then it will be a buy. $60 for a game that has so many issues and really should have been priced to sell at $40 day one due to it being an old game that has so many issues.

[quote name='joshnorm']http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/duke-nukem-forever

9 Reviews in metacritic score 54.... Most of the reviews are saying the same thing: The game is dated, lines are reused too soon, extreme load times and slow down. Also, its not a true Duke game if you want to go throwback route (where are the keycards, why can you only carry 2 weapons, why do I cover to regain health....that's not old Duke Nukem)

I believe the best line I have read so far was "If you want a sequel to Duke Nukem 3D then go drop $60 on Bulletstorm."

Now don't get me wrong I will pick this up, but only because its Duke and when it hits $35 or lower then it will be a buy. $60 for a game that has so many issues and really should have been priced to sell at $40 day one due to it being an old game that has so many issues.[/QUOTE]

Bulletstorm is a great game, a blast to play. If DNF is that bad, I'll pass on it until it hits the extreme bargain bin. I'm sure I can find another game to continue the coupon train.

[quote name='Blade']...only because everyone in America shits all over themselves with tactical FPS garbage and call themselves gamers. The 3 bad reviews of this that I read all had the same theme: Duke Nukem needs to be more like SOCOM, because that's the only type of FPS there is. And I think one of those came from Joystiq. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say but I'm pretty sure that even reviewers are burned out on the cookie-cutter FPSs being churned out today. Duke COULD have been a breath of fresh air, but instead we get it trying to be modern and trying to be classic. You can only carry two guns, it has horrendous load times after death (Worse than Too Human), bosses are an exercise in frustration, he can't kick anymore... it's not the reviewers in the wrong here, is all I'm saying. The game was in development for 14 years and Gearbox was only "polishing" 3D realms work - not overhauling it. Their travesty is still what you are buying.

[quote name='Blade']...only because everyone in America shits all over themselves with tactical FPS garbage and call themselves gamers. The 3 bad reviews of this that I read all had the same theme: Duke Nukem needs to be more like SOCOM, because that's the only type of FPS there is. And I think one of those came from Joystiq. :roll:

@heartagram311 - It almost sounds like you were banned, or that the website is blocked by your firewall/antivirus. Either try visiting through a proxy, or try disabling your protection.[/QUOTE]

Na.....
The game is going to drop because it sucks

[quote name='xDerekRx']Metacritic has been solid for the PC version I think in the mid 70s.[/QUOTE]

True but it's only 4 reviews....one of which I have heard about before (PC Gamer)

IGN published their review gave it a 55....

Have you played the demo yet or just going from word of mouth from cough online review sites cough. To many people diss or tell people the game is the best but they never even played the demo or full game. Videos do not count never did. They give you a idea but if you buy cause of videos or online sites then good luck. There are some exceptions like mass effect and batman ark city and so on.

The demo had nothing good in it and i am a huge fan of DN. I still enjoy the old doom and duke games from long ago. I like all type of games and i am not one of those FPS people mocking everything besides there fav halo or cod games. I prefer homefront over cod any day for mp. Just cause of the people cheating nonstop. anyways they ruined the game from that 1 year old demo they recently gave us preorder people from amazon. I recommend preorder from amazon and get the code and cancel after it emails you which is right away. Then make the choice cause this game is going to hit rock bottom prices within weeks of release. It is even going on sale for cheap already and it is not out. Just a warning i recommend the demo route before locking in.

its funny how everyone defending the demo was saying its old out dated gameplay only making them look like idiots as it was the actual game

bread's done
Back