Duke Nukem Forever XB360 for $33.99 at Amazon

[quote name='Drclaw411']op, get your flame shield out. i posted a dnf thread the other day and people destroyed me for it.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me and why i will never ever post a deal here again. I feel like my past posts and giving codes away was just a waste cause how bad i was attacked for posting this games deal weeks ago.

It shocks me how bad this site got with trolls just flaming threads where people go out of there way to help others. Then the free forum is now all about people doing games for someone to get a free code. It is fine sometimes but man everyone is doing it. I just post them with spoiler so the lurkers do not get it. I never got thanked really for posting codes anyways. I do admit when i was new i posted codes saying first person gets a code and 3rd and so on. I think work = not free and for people that enjoy it good for them. I do not care really i rather pay someone a few bucks for dlc and not waste time doing dumb riddles or whatever it is.

Sorry to flood your thread but you will get flamed to death for this op. I recommend closing it like i did mine.

Also let them flame me but it is 28.99 shipped FSS from amazon warehouse so should fix op.

GL and wish there was a ignore user option cause to many active long term trolls would be nice to ignore. They can ignore me to thats better as well.

I'm waiting for it to hit lower myself. The people who waited for years to get this game at release got it, and sales will begin to tank thanks to the lack luster reviews. Wouldn't be surprised to see this for $20 in a few months, maybe even $15 or so in the next few months.

But either way nice deal for those that are willing to spend $33 which is almost half off the game and it hasn't been out long.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']The same thing happened to me and why i will never ever post a deal here again. I feel like my past posts and giving codes away was just a waste cause how bad i was attacked for posting this games deal weeks ago.

It shocks me how bad this site got with trolls just flaming threads where people go out of there way to help others. Then the free forum is now all about people doing games for someone to get a free code. It is fine sometimes but man everyone is doing it. I just post them with spoiler so the lurkers do not get it. I never got thanked really for posting codes anyways. I do admit when i was new i posted codes saying first person gets a code and 3rd and so on. I think work = not free and for people that enjoy it good for them. I do not care really i rather pay someone a few bucks for dlc and not waste time doing dumb riddles or whatever it is.

Sorry to flood your thread but you will get flamed to death for this op. I recommend closing it like i did mine.

Also let them flame me but it is 28.99 shipped FSS from amazon warehouse so should fix op.

GL and wish there was a ignore user option cause to many active long term trolls would be nice to ignore. They can ignore me to thats better as well.[/QUOTE]

I personally want to slug any idiot that bothers to click on a thread that they don't find useful and post a bitter comment.

Why bother? It infuriates me and I know they wouldn't have the balls to say it in real life.

Also to the OP, I'm liking this price drop, I would jump on this if they would include it in the b2g1f sale!

Yeah, I've posted a few deals before and gotten flamed for it, it's really annoying. If people don't like it, they don't have to buy it, and therefore they should just shut up and move on. It's not so much a general discussion board as it is a discount or sales discussion board.

I played the game, and really enjoyed it. It's certainly not up to par with Call of Duty or Gears of War, but it was still a fun game, and it could have easily not have been released. People don't realize that this game was released because they felt they owed the fans that much, since it was in development for so long, and the fans are kind enough to spit it back in their face.

As an old school duke nukem fan I think this game does the series justice. It's just a fun run around and blow shit up and sometimes borderline dick and fart joke kinda game just like it felt when I was younger playin on the old PC.

Was it the best game ever or one of the top FPS today? No, but it was fun as hell to play through and if it had come out 5 years or so ago it would have been a top FPS.

I think this game got way too over hyped and could never meet anybodies expectations. Yet, I also believe this game needs to be played through at least once cause it's pretty darn fun. Not worthy of a purchase but at least a solid rental.

Game really isn't THAT bad. I enjoyed the PC version myself. I would suggest staying away from the 360 version, however, as it is far and away the worst version of the game. It runs terribly with a lot of tearing issues and extremely long loading times. The PS3 version is a touch better and runs much better, but the loading is still very long.

PC version, on the other hand, is quite solid and runs at a perfect 60 fps with lightning quick loading times even on a modest rig. If you have any interest in the game, do not play it on a console.

I paid $40 for my copy. Is it the best game ever? No. Is it the best FPS I played this year? Yes it is actually.

Besides the long load times, I loved this game a lot. Sure it's not perfect but seriously, it felt like an actual attempt at a FPS and not some rehashed Call of Duty/Halo Clone.

As terrible as the game is, I still want it. I remember the first time I saw it, it was on one of those PC demo CDs included with Ultra Game Players... I've always enjoyed Duke games and I think I probably would have enjoyed this one more if it run/looked better.

I'm guessing nobody here remembers Ultra Game Players or demo CDs.:oldman:

20 bucks is my mark. I love Duke, but I know the game's gonna drop like a rock.

I doubt this game is gonna be anywhere near as bad as the critics say it is. The main reason it seems to be panned is that it's just another shooter. But it isn't, it's Duke. It's got his flair and atmosphere. It doesn't innovate, but that's okay. My buddy, who I used to play Duke 64 with all the time when we were younger, rented this game and said it was a load of fun. So if he says it was fun, I know I'm gonna love it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']I'm guessing nobody here remembers Ultra Game Players or demo CDs.:oldman:[/QUOTE]

Used to love taking those out of the magazines at the grocery store i worked at. Oh to be young and stupid again. :roll:

I figured this game would drop. Any game that was in production and closing in on a release then having to revamp it over a 10 year period was bound to have graphic errors and/or bad graphics.

Not saying it's a bad game as I have not played it, just saying most should have seen this coming.

Anyone else notice how when Duke first came out it was taboo and talked about for all the wrong reasons. Now it almost feels tame compared to some of the other games... Guess just another example of where society is headed.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']The same thing happened to me and why i will never ever post a deal here again. I feel like my past posts and giving codes away was just a waste cause how bad i was attacked for posting this games deal weeks ago.

It shocks me how bad this site got with trolls just flaming threads where people go out of there way to help others. Then the free forum is now all about people doing games for someone to get a free code. It is fine sometimes but man everyone is doing it. I just post them with spoiler so the lurkers do not get it. I never got thanked really for posting codes anyways. I do admit when i was new i posted codes saying first person gets a code and 3rd and so on. I think work = not free and for people that enjoy it good for them. I do not care really i rather pay someone a few bucks for dlc and not waste time doing dumb riddles or whatever it is.[/QUOTE]

crying-indian-1.jpg

So true. I've been here for years and years, and it used to be full of helpful people. CAG has really really changed.

Keep up the fine fight, OP! :D

[quote name='Vinny']I'm guessing nobody here remembers Ultra Game Players or demo CDs.:oldman:[/QUOTE]

*raises hand*

Totally remember those. Ingles grocery stores while the rest of the family shopped.

Pretty good deal, but it may work out better to get it from Best Buy. They've got it for all three systems for $40/30 and of course it's part of the buy 2 get 1 free deal.

[quote name='Drclaw411']op, get your flame shield out. i posted a dnf thread the other day and people destroyed me for it.[/QUOTE]
Dude, nobody was flaming you. lol you took it so personal when 2 or 3 people said they didn't like the game. Can't believe you're still crying about that. I thought you said you were just in a bad mood.

bread's done
Back