Dumbest Exchange Everrrrrrr

oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (89%)
So ya, this has to be the dumbest move in the history of exchanges: I exchanged my Xbox 360 for another Xbox 360 at work because I wanted more time to decide whether I want to add the warranty or not and because I wanted to get the newer model 360s with the heatsink and quieter harddrive. Funny thing is I left my fucking Gears of War in the system and I told them i got the RRoD (it didn't). I couldn't get it back either way because I think we send it back to MS no matter the reason for the return. Can you say OWNED?!?

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']So ya, this has to be the dumbest move in the history of exchanges: I exchanged my Xbox 360 for another Xbox 360 at work because I wanted more time to decide whether I want to add the warranty or not and because I wanted to get the newer model 360s with the heatsink and quieter harddrive. Funny thing is I left my fucking Gears of War in the system and I told them i got the RRoD (it didn't). I couldn't get it back either way because I think we send it back to MS no matter the reason for the return. Can you say OWNED?!?[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

LOL That reminds me of the time I left a PS2 memory card in the memory card holder in a game case for a game I returned to Hollywood Video that I didn't like. Thankfully, I only paid about $4-5 for it from someone at a pawn shop, so it wasn't a HUGE loss.

kind of the opposite of something i accidently did. i had splashdown for the ps2 and took it to ebgames to trade in. they gave me 7$ credit. so i get home later and hit the open tray button and the splashdown disc is still in my ps2. good ol ebgames never opened the case.

Rofl,I modded my xbox,but left SegaGt/Jet Set Radio in the xbox,every modded game costs $5. But now he only asks for like $20 for as many games :D Guilts a bitch.

[quote name='Leek']Rofl,I modded my xbox,but left SegaGt/Jet Set Radio in the xbox,every modded game costs $5. But now he only asks for like $20 for as many games :D Guilts a bitch.[/quote] :whistle2:k Are you related to slidecage?

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']So ya, this has to be the dumbest move in the history of exchanges: I exchanged my Xbox 360 for another Xbox 360 at work because I wanted more time to decide whether I want to add the warranty or not and because I wanted to get the newer model 360s with the heatsink and quieter harddrive. Funny thing is I left my fucking Gears of War in the system and I told them i got the RRoD (it didn't). I couldn't get it back either way because I think we send it back to MS no matter the reason for the return. Can you say OWNED?!?[/QUOTE]

thats what you get for taking advantage of your work

[quote name='nativetongue88']kind of the opposite of something i accidently did. i had splashdown for the ps2 and took it to ebgames to trade in. they gave me 7$ credit. so i get home later and hit the open tray button and the splashdown disc is still in my ps2. good ol ebgames never opened the case.[/quote]

Now that's funny....wish the people here were that stupid @ my local EB/GS stores.

Had the complete opposite experience of the OP. Bought a Xbox and found FIFA 2005 in it. Since I don't like soccer, dump it at GS and got $2 for it.

Exactly why I check before dumping stuff, so I'm not missing something later on and get pissed about it disappearing.

This one is dumb on walmart part. When I worked there like two years ago a guy came in with an original playstation, said he bought it there a week ago and said it didn't work. Of course he had no reciept and demanded either he gets 100 dollars back or a new PS2. I argue with the customer for a good 5-10 minutes about how we didn't sell playstations and even if we did they were no where near $100. I called the manager and he came and the guy yelled at him and he caved and gave the guy a new PS2. I take it back to claims and the lady is yelling and bitches at me because they hadn't sold playstations in years. I replied "don't fucking yell at me because Kyle is a pussy and can't tell a customer no"
The playstation wasn't even in a box and had no controllers or av cables with it just the power cord. I ended up quiting that job around two weeks later.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']This one is dumb on walmart part. When I worked there like two years ago a guy came in with an original playstation, said he bought it there a week ago and said it didn't work. Of course he had no reciept and demanded either he gets 100 dollars back or a new PS2. I argue with the customer for a good 5-10 minutes about how we didn't sell playstations and even if we did they were no where near $100. I called the manager and he came and the guy yelled at him and he caved and gave the guy a new PS2. I take it back to claims and the lady is yelling and bitches at me because they hadn't sold playstations in years. I replied "don't fucking yell at me because Kyle is a pussy and can't tell a customer no"
The playstation wasn't even in a box and had no controllers or av cables with it just the power cord. I ended up quiting that job around two weeks later.[/quote]

holy shit a new ps2? how dumb is this manager. man, i would go there and trade my psp for a ps3!

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']This one is dumb on walmart part. When I worked there like two years ago a guy came in with an original playstation, said he bought it there a week ago and said it didn't work. Of course he had no reciept and demanded either he gets 100 dollars back or a new PS2. I argue with the customer for a good 5-10 minutes about how we didn't sell playstations and even if we did they were no where near $100. I called the manager and he came and the guy yelled at him and he caved and gave the guy a new PS2. I take it back to claims and the lady is yelling and bitches at me because they hadn't sold playstations in years. I replied "don't fucking yell at me because Kyle is a pussy and can't tell a customer no"
The playstation wasn't even in a box and had no controllers or av cables with it just the power cord. I ended up quiting that job around two weeks later.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Where are you located again, cause I got a stack of old PS1's here that I could dump off on your store for a PS2 or three. :lol:

i brought a bare Xbox from a yard sale last year for $10 or $20 and when i got home it had the Halo 2 disc in it...funny thing is i just traded in my scratched disc from my CE (i kept the case and bonus) to EB for $20 (i think) a few days before so now i had a replacement that was in near mint shape

I bought my Xbox at a pawn shop years ago, and it had Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 inside.

And I later bought a GC game from there (didn't check the disc, as they had the entire game/box behind the counter). Opened it on the way home, and it had a memory card inside.

My wife left a George Michael CD in her car when we traded it in. I would say that is worse than losing Gears of War...:lol:

Similar happened to me many years ago. I bought a 4x cd rom drive for Pc's at Sam's Club nd played the hell out of Kings Quest 5. Then i ran out of money and had my grandmother return the drive to Sam's club (I was pretty young).

I told her I never used it and she didn't care either way, but thats what she told sams.... later the next day I realized I left KQ5 in the drive and had to call them and ask them to open the drive to look.

They found it and gave it back. Ironically I worked there some years later, with the guy that opened the drive up for me. He still remembered that situation.

bread's done
Back