Dungeon Siege III $39.99 / $29.99 at Amazon

-Go to Best Buy this week
-Pick up a @Gamers mag in-store for $5
-Use the $15 off coupon in the mag
-Get Dungeon Siege III for $25 (360/PS33) or $15 (PC)

[quote name='bh47']-Go to Best Buy this week
-Pick up a @Gamers mag in-store for $5
-Use the $15 off coupon in the mag
-Get Dungeon Siege III for $25 (360/PS33) or $15 (PC)[/QUOTE]

Or don't because the game isn't very good at all.

Eh, I'd be willing to try it for 25 bucks, hell no on 60 though.

And don't get the pc for god sakes. I hear they fucked that one up bad.

[quote name='dmdragon']Eh, I'd be willing to try it for 25 bucks, hell no on 60 though.

And don't get the pc for god sakes. I hear they fucked that one up bad.[/QUOTE]

The mouse and keyboard controls are pretty awkward but you can still use a wired 360 controller if you have one which makes a world of difference.

Glad I didn't get this on day one. I'll try to get it with the best buy magazine coupon from a store issue

First time I've heard the 360/ps3 version plays and controls better then the pc. (no I'm not a pc fan boy)

The demo was released for every platform before release, so it was easy to tell if you liked it before you bought it. I think it is fun when played with a 360 gamepad on the PC. And IMHO there aren't alot of these types of games on the console. It is for sure worth $15 on the PC. And probably $25 on console as well. But it does has some short comings, but they are patching it on the PC already. They added custom controls with the first patch.

This has been on sale at Amazon all week long (weekly sale).

Doesn't help that the game blows, though - well reviewed by the press for some reason, but personal experience says no.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']I'm wondering whether this or Shadows of the Damned will hit the bargain bin first.[/QUOTE]well from looking at store shelves in my area SOTD is damn near sold out & DSIII has PLENTY of stock at least for now. That BB deal will definitely clear it out.

its not even worth 19.99... id say 9 out of 10 gamers would play it all of 10 minutes before putting it down for good.

its a terrible value at any price.

Hmmmm, me and my girlfriend really enjoy this game. So don't discredit it completely. But yeah, this is definitely a game that you should get for the most at 40.

[quote name='retrad']its not even worth 19.99... id say 9 out of 10 gamers would play it all of 10 minutes before putting it down for good.

its a terrible value at any price.[/QUOTE]

Its certainly not at the top of my list. But ~$30 is about right for the amount of game play you get out of it.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']How'd the final version of this turn out? I played the demo and the gameplay was nearly unplayable for me. I hated it.[/QUOTE]

It literally plays like every other Diablo clone out there. So odds are you don't like the genre very much.

If you want a Diablo clone at the moment Torchlight seems the best bang for your buck. This game worries too much about a story and boss fights over the usual Quest for More Loot.

[quote name='Enuf']well from looking at store shelves in my area SOTD is damn near sold out & DSIII has PLENTY of stock at least for now. That BB deal will definitely clear it out.[/QUOTE]

I hate to break it to you, but the reason SOTD isn't on shelves is because many stores didn't buy it in the first place. I mean, it sold only 40,000 units right out of the gate ... bargain bin here Garcia F'in Hotspur comes!

[quote name='biledriver']It literally plays like every other Diablo clone out there. So odds are you don't like the genre very much.

If you want a Diablo clone at the moment Torchlight seems the best bang for your buck. This game worries too much about a story and boss fights over the usual Quest for More Loot.[/QUOTE]

I love dungeon crawlers, but the DSIII demo didn't thrill me. A lot of people are saying go buy the PSN title "Dungeon Hunter Alliance" for a cheaper AND better diablo-like experience. I admit, I liked the demo for Dungeon Hunter a lot better than Siege. I am playing DH2 right now but on my Android phone, it is a fantastic game that maybe they'll release on PSN too.

I'll get DSIII when it's uber cheap, looks like that may be pretty soon.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']I hate to break it to you, but the reason SOTD isn't on shelves is because many stores didn't buy it in the first place. I mean, it sold only 40,000 units right out of the gate ... bargain bin here Garcia F'in Hotspur comes![/QUOTE]^^^this is exactly why it won't be in the bargain bin, supply is short already so it doesn't need to sell "alot" to go away but there's tons of DSIII they'll need to be lower than $60 to get rid them.

bread's done
Back