Dust 514 Beta Code Giveaway

Guys this is an actual beta for a game that will be FREE to PLAY.

Don't expect CoD MW4... If you were a fan of MAG you'll probably like Dust514, its objective based FPS, with EVE Online skill tree / leveling and normal 'Free to play' grind, with a Halo aesthic in the Unreal 3 engine.

Thanks for the codes, hope we'll see more of such giveaways in the future.

Just an FYI, there seems to be a lot of steps to get this running. Besides downloading the 1.9GB beta from PSN, you'll then have a 2.2GB update that downloads much much slower. Then they'll want your PSN account email address and then they will send you an email with instructions to follow if you want to play. I stopped there. Too many hoops to jump through for my tastes, especially for a beta I probably won't enjoy.

[quote name='indieinsd']Guys this is an actual beta for a game that will be FREE to PLAY.

Don't expect CoD MW4... If you were a fan of MAG you'll probably like Dust514, its objective based FPS, with EVE Online skill tree / leveling and normal 'Free to play' grind, with a Halo aesthic in the Unreal 3 engine.[/QUOTE]
Really guys dont expect anything from Unreal 3 engine, I tried it out today and it seems pretty bad, UI, control ouput, FPS, the texts are so small on my plasma TV, after downloading the beta Id to spent another hour to download patch and things...before I can play.

1st cag vet+ to pm me can have my code. I just got an email from them, but these days, I use my pc far more than my ps3, and this seems like a spot that someone with a ps3 wanting to play it might check

so, off topic, but only kinda. so if you missed out, here's ya chance. This also mean email beta invites are heading out to the masses.

UPDATE: Ive been waiting for approximately 5 hours just to download the damn game and now it's asking me for an update that's more than 2GB WOw FU** You PSN that's why you guys don't charge for online play. I rather pay for my xbox live account and not have to deal with your download times. And yes I tried their Playstation+ for a whole year and it's just as crappy.

Gscept, I'm there with you on the slow download. I swear mine has been going for over 6 hours and still isn't done. If PS+ membership would get me fast download speeds I'd gladly pay for it.

Are you on wireless or wired connection? If your using wireless on the phat ps3 then that might be your problem.

I guess I have been conditioned to start background download (set up auto turn off) then just walk away....

[quote name='indieinsd']Are you on wireless or wired connection? If your using wireless on the phat ps3 then that might be your problem.

I guess I have been conditioned to start background download (set up auto turn off) then just walk away....[/QUOTE]

It would only save me 10 minutes to go WIRED Im running Roadrunner Turbo and my modem sits on the shelf above my PS3 and XB360. PSN updates suck period. The only advantage of having PS+ is that it would update your games while your PS is off. Background downloads are actually slower, so what I end up doing is hitting the source button and get on my XB360 while stuff downloads. Other then that, Ive been playing DUST 514 and it's pretty awesome in my opinion. I will definitely keep my ears to the ground and eyes open when this is released.

Their have been alot of keys given away, you took the payment option to skip the chance of not getting a key in the beta, the game will be free to play once released.

'DUST 514 marks a first for consoles as a massively multiplayer free-to-play shooter. Players can download the game from the PlayStation®Network and play DUST 514 completely free of charge.'

bread's done
Back