DVD Ads for 8/7 - 8/13 (BB, CC, CompUSA, Target)

Saucy Jack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Here are the weekly ads for DVDs from the above 4 stores. Enjoy, and happy shopping! :)

Best Buy

$16.99
Kung Fu Hustle (avail. 8/9)
House of Flying Daggers

$29.99
The Muppet Show: Season One (avail. 8/9)

$15.99
The Muppets Wizard of Oz (avail. 8/19)
Save $10 instantly on the The Muppets Wizard of Oz when you buy The Muppet Show: Season One. Must be purchased on same receipt.

$29.99
Dallas: The Complete Third Season (avail. 8/9)
Columbo: The Complete Third Season (avail. 8/9)
McCloud: Seasons One and Two (avail. 8/9)
McMillan & Wife: Season One (avail. 8/9)
$26.99 each for Reward Zone Members.

$24.99
Profit: The Complete Series (avail. 8/9)
$19.99 for Reward Zone Members.

$39.99
T.J. Hooker: The Complete First and Second Seasons (avail. 8/9)
$34.99 for Reward Zone Members.

$44.99
Roswell: The Complete Third Season (avail. 8/9)
$39.99 for Reward Zone Members.

$19.99
Because of Winn-Dixie (avail. 8/9)
XXX: State of the Union
Miss Congeniality 2
Son of the Mask
The Jacket
Napoleon Dynamite
Bullitt
Blade: Trinity
Heat (2 discs)
True Romance: Unrated Director's Cut

$14.99
The Last Samurai
Welcome Back Kotter (Best Buy Exclusive "Best of")

$24.99
Tru Calling: The Complete Second Season (Best Buy Exclusive)

$9.99
Spike: Love is Hell (Best Buy Exclusive)

$7.99
The Hitman
American Kickboxer 1
American Samurai
These $7.99 titles are Best Buy exclusives.

$17.99
Alexander: Director's Cut
Diary of a Mad Black Woman
Hide and Seek

$9.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Terminator
Gattace
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Stargate
Dune (3 discs)
Blade Runner
Poltergeist
Swordfish
Out of Time
The Negotiator

$12.99
I Can Do Bad All By Myself
Madea's Class Reunion
Meet the Browns
Madea's Family Reunion

$9.99
Redneck Comedy Roundup (avail. 8/9)

CompUSA

$14.99

Circuit City

Low Price. (ad implies $14.99)

$14.99
The Pacifier

$29.99

$27.99

$17.99
Guess Who
XXX: State of the Union
Alexander: Director's Cut
King's Ransom
Constantine
Hide and Seek

$5.99
Kiss the Girls
Cobra
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Son In Law
The Peacemaker
A Low Down Dirty Shame
Tales From the Hood
Double Jeopardy
Dog Soldiers
Mars Attacks
You So Crazy
The Eagle Has Landed
What About Bob?
The Cannonball Run
The Legend of Bagger Vance
Cocoon
Go
Juice
No Mercy
Eye of the Beholder
Serpico
The Sea Chase
Beverly Hills Cop
When a Man Loves a Woman

$8.99
in-store only.
Hero
The Bourne Supremacy
Collateral
White Chicks
American Psycho
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Dazed and Confused
Badder Santa
The Crow
Meet the Parents: Bonus Edition
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Willy Wonka & The Chocloate Factory
The Haunted Mansion
Bad Boys
Apocalypse Now Redux
Seven
The Breakfast Club
The Fast and the Furious
The Green Mile
Braveheart
Richard Pryor: Stand Up Comedy Double Feature
Unforgiven
Caddyshack
Blue Collar Comedy Tour The Movie
The Ring
The Punisher
Ice Age
Sixteen Candles
Schindler's List
The Bourne Identity: Extended Edition

Target

$19.99
Target Exclusive. Limited Edition DVD includes the original book. Packaged together, quantity limited, no rainchecks.

Low Price.

$16.99
Off the Map (avail. 8/9)

$15.99
The Muppets Wizard of Oz (avail. 8/9)

$34.99

$29.99

$39.99
Roswell: The Complete Third Season (avail. 8/9)

$14.99
What's New Scooby-Doo? Monster Matinee (avail. 8/9)

$9.99
Redneck Comedy Roundup (avail. 8/9)

$10
The Princess Diaries
Big Fish
13 Going on 30
Fahrenheit 9/11
Hellboy
The Punisher

$7.50
Rudy
The Stepford Wives
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Bettlejuice
Gothika
Ocean's Eleven

Best Buy continues to dissapoint me. Circuit City continues to take my money. Here we go again.

For 8.99 at CC, is Unforgiven the 2-disc SE or the 1-disc snapper? I think they discontinued the snapper so if it's the SE I'm all over that. Hopefully I'll be able to get Schindler's List too. It's on sale a lot at CC but I've never managed to get there while it's still in stock.

Thanks a lot for the ads.

There goes my next paycheck (from next friday). I will finally be able to get The Bourne Identity Extended edition for cheap! I love that movie, and I want to buy the second one as well. There are other movies I like too - Ferris, Stargate, Dune, the Ring, and I wouldn't mind getting Mars Attacks. Thanks a lot!

Circuit City ad was claiming 50 titles will be on sale for $8.99 each, but only listed the ones above... so that will be good to check out anyway. I will be upgrading my copy of American Psycho for sure for that price.

Dog Soldiers for $5.99! that is so mine! A kick ass action/horror movie! Thanks for the prices op!

[quote name='EvilN8']Circuit City ad was claiming 50 titles will be on sale for $8.99 each, but only listed the ones above... so that will be good to check out anyway. I will be upgrading my copy of American Psycho for sure for that price.[/QUOTE]
That means there are 20 more mystery titles at 8.99. Looks like I'll be going to CC tomorrow.

[quote name='js1']any word on thundercats season 1 prices?[/QUOTE]

BB online has it listed for $45.99 and CC online has $59.99. Those are most likely the prices in-store, give or take a few dollars.

Glad I could help with the ads. I know a lot of you like to plan out your Sundays and Tuesdays in advance.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Wow, 2 Richard Pryor classics for only $4.50 each?!

I'm there![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's an awesome deal. I believe the pack is "Here & Now" and "Live on the Sunset Strip." Those are 2 of his best concerts.

Thanks! Ill be picking up Rosweel for $39.99 somewhere...hopefully Wal-Mart will have it a bit cheaper since I have a gift card.

[quote name='js1']Dog Soldiers for $5.99! that is so mine! A kick ass action/horror movie! Thanks for the prices op![/QUOTE]

Seconded. Definely one of the better werewolf movies out there, with some neat effects (and surprisingly little CG, almost everything is physical effects and good costume work). The dialogue is well written, too, if I remember correctly. Don't pass it up at that price.

[quote name='Kulock']Seconded. Definely one of the better werewolf movies out there, with some neat effects (and surprisingly little CG, almost everything is physical effects and good costume work). The dialogue is well written, too, if I remember correctly. Don't pass it up at that price.[/QUOTE]

I believe the regular price is only a dollar more ($6.99) however; I bought it over a year ago, and have seen it at CC for that price ever since...

A must have for horror fans - Night of the Living Dead w/ werewolves. One of my favorite movies ever!

[quote name='magius360']There goes my next paycheck (from next friday). I will finally be able to get The Bourne Identity Extended edition for cheap! I love that movie, and I want to buy the second one as well. There are other movies I like too - Ferris, Stargate, Dune, the Ring, and I wouldn't mind getting Mars Attacks. Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

haha there goes my paycheck for tommorrow.

What an amazing sale CC is having.

I went up to CC today and picked up The Green Mile, then I went to Target and got Rudy.

CC has TONS of great movies for only $8.99. Some I noticed that aren't on the list are:

Dazed & Confused: SE
Armaggeddon (non criteron)
The Rock (non criterion)
Training Day

They had a lot more but I can't remember the others. They had two big bins full. I'm gonna go back up there and grab Dazed & Confused with my next paycheck, before the sale ends.

Those prices are terrible at BB. Not surprising though.

I wish someplace would do a 2 for $20 with Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer like BB did when Flying Daggers came out with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Guess I'll just wait for it to come down like I do with most movies.

Oh and Dog Soldiers for $5.99 will finally be mine. I keep hearing how great it is and I really want to see it.

And WTF!! :shock: What an awesome list of $8.99 DVDs. Straight out of nowhere.

I will try to get all of these if I have enough money.

$8.99
in-store only.
Hero
Collateral
American Psycho (anybody know if this is the new version of it?)
Seven (anybody know which version of it?)

CC just keeps taking my many

Thanks for taking the time and posting the deals though.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about American Psycho, but Seven is just the normal one disc version. If it was the 2 discer, I would have snatched that up too.

Local Circuit City was wiped out. I had to go to Best Buy and do a 110% pricematch. Unfortunately, they didn't have DOG SOLDIERS, so I only got American Psycho to replace my old version. $9 for a brand new release is awesome.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Have u seen the commercials for it on Adult Swim?[/QUOTE]

For Thundercats? No, I haven't! (Work doesn't let me watch a lot of AS when it airs.) Is there a place to download the spots online?

[quote name='daroga']For Thundercats? No, I haven't! (Work doesn't let me watch a lot of AS when it airs.) Is there a place to download the spots online?[/QUOTE]

Don't know of a place to DL the t.v. commercials, but I have seen them not only AS. They really seem to be advertising it as I have seen it not only on AS.

Amazing CC sale.. managed to pick up:

Collateral
Hero
Bourne Supremacy
Bad Santa (been wanting to see it forever)
Bad Boys

For 48.10 after taxes... would have cost me close to 80 bucks if I paid full retail price.

Might go back for some other stuff, as well.

Here is the full 50 titles list for the $8.99 sale...

American Pie
American Psycho SE
American Wedding
Apocalypse Now Redux
Armageddon (single disc)
Bad Boys SE
Badder Santa Unrated
Black Hawk Down (single disc)
Blue Collar Comedy Tour
Boondock Saints
Bourne Identity
Bourne Supremacy
Braveheart
Breakfast Club (High School Reunion Collection Edition)
Caddyshack
Cheech And Chong: Up In Smoke
Collateral
The Crow
Dazed And Confused Flashback Edition
The Devil's Advocate
The Fast And The Furious: Tricked Out Edition
The Green Mile
The Haunted Mansion
Hero
Ice Age (2 Disc SE - soon to be OOP from what I heard)
The Incredible Mr. Limpet
The Italian Job
The Manchurian Candidate
Meet The Parents (Bonus Edition)
Mission Impossible 2
Monty Python And The Holy Grail (2 Disc Edition)
Ocean's Eleven
The Pianist
Poetic Justice
The Punisher
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Richard Pryor Stand Up Comedy (2 disc set)
The Ring (single disc)
Road Trip
The Rock (single disc)
Saturday Night Fever
Schindler's List
School Of Rock
Set It Off
Seven (single disc)
Sixteen Candles
Training Day
Unforgiven (single disc)
White Chicks
Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory

[quote name='fugazi_chichimon']Kung Fu Hustle is a great movie...can't wait until the part two is released...[/QUOTE]
Fry's has Kung-fu Hustle for $13.99. PM at BB is what I will do.

Thanks for the list demomanTNA.

I'm assuming Monty Python and the Holy Grail at CC is the normal edition. Anyone know?

Same question goes to Rudy at Target. I'm assuming it's the regular edition, right?

[quote name='VidPower']Thanks for the list demomanTNA.

I'm assuming Monty Python and the Holy Grail at CC is the normal edition. Anyone know?

Same question goes to Rudy at Target. I'm assuming it's the regular edition, right?[/QUOTE]

Yep its the regular 2 disc edition for Monty. Confirmed with my own four eyes and the multitude of copies I have rung up over the past few days even confirms that too.... :bouncy:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Don't know of a place to DL the t.v. commercials, but I have seen them not only AS. They really seem to be advertising it as I have seen it not only on AS.[/QUOTE]

Since theirs no Thundercats thread, I just wanted to post this: http://www2.warnerbros.com/warnervideo/classiccartoons/thundercats.html. Theirs a nice trailer of Thundercats, and at the end it says Volume Two of Season One is coming out December 6th.

Did anybody pick up the first volume today? I've decided to wait until the next DeepDiscount sale.

This CC deal is killing my wallet...

Went back today to return Collateral (forgot I owned it, lol) and picked up -

Ice Age (seems like demoman was right... this is going OOP)
RE: Apocalypse
Punisher
Bourne Identity (for my folks)

Might go back before the sale is over yet again to pick up one or two more.

[quote name='Roufuss']This CC deal is killing my wallet...

Went back today to return Collateral (forgot I owned it, lol) and picked up -

Ice Age (seems like demoman was right... this is going OOP)
RE: Apocalypse
Punisher
Bourne Identity (for my folks)

Might go back before the sale is over yet again to pick up one or two more.[/QUOTE]

Ice Age is going OOP because they are planning on double dipping it/re-releasing it when Ice Age 2 comes out in theatres sometime next year. The rest are still fine.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Those prices are terrible at BB. Not surprising though.

I wish someplace would do a 2 for $20 with Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer like BB did when Flying Daggers came out with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Guess I'll just wait for it to come down like I do with most movies.

Oh and Dog Soldiers for $5.99 will finally be mine. I keep hearing how great it is and I really want to see it.

And WTF!! :shock: What an awesome list of $8.99 DVDs. Straight out of nowhere.

I will try to get all of these if I have enough money.

$8.99
in-store only.
Hero
Collateral

CC just keeps taking my many

Thanks for taking the time and posting the deals though.[/QUOTE]

I've decided to trim my list down to just American Psycho and Hero since Seven is only the regular version and I'm just not too keen on Collateral.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail -2 disc special edition- is also on sell at target for $10.

Is that the same one they are selling at CC for 8.99?

Picked up Muppet Show w/ Muppets Wizard of Oz for $38 at BB on the third try after the first BB and CC were out (CC must be stocked by dyslexic workers) and made my way Ahwatukee BB which had them. Thanks Jack.

bread's done
Back