DVD Boxset Deals at Kroger

FlamedLiquid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
397 (100%)
I figured this should have its own topic. Like Big Lots stores...Kroger stores have also gotten shipments of WB boxsets. they have them marked $7.99. About 3 or 4 people in the Big Lots thread reported this, and I can also confirm it after checking out my nearest Kroger in Bay City, MI.

Saw the following:

Full House Season 1
Superman Animated Series Volume 2
Tracey Takes On Seasons 1 and 2
Veronica Mars Season 1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes

Sure they are priced $2 to $5 more than the ones at Big Lots..but the majority of titles I saw there I havent seen at at Big Lots I went to in the past month, and Ive been to about 10 of them. If I wasnt broke, I would have picked up Full House and Superman. :(

If people can pick up

Superman TAS S2+
Veronica Mars S1 (S3 if they have it)
Animaniacs V3
Batman Beyond S1, S3 (if they have it)
Batman S1, S4 (if they have it)

for me, I'll pay cost + shipping + a few dollars or CML. No Kroger's near me.

[quote name='elessar123']If people can pick up

Superman TAS S2+
Veronica Mars S1 (S3 if they have it)
Animaniacs V3
Batman Beyond S1, S3 (if they have it)
Batman S1, S4 (if they have it)

for me, I'll pay cost + shipping + a few dollars or CML. No Kroger's near me.[/QUOTE]

ill keep an eye out for you.

Just as a reminder, Kroger actually owns a lot of other chains. I found some of these sets at my local Fry's Food and Drug, which is owned by Kroger. Some other chains owned by Kroger include Fred Meyer and Smith's. Here's a list from the Wikipedia of their chains. You might be living near a stealth Kroger and not know it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kroger#Chains

Local Krogers had no DVD sets, did a walk around the entire store and all they had was some Beyonce movie called Obsessed by one of the front registers.

were these found in some bin or display? all I ever see at my kroger is a wall of mostly disney dvd's and family friendly movies all priced at $25 no matter what movie it is...

I found them at Smith's in a large stand that was sitting in front of the seasonal aisle. That said, I've been to four Smith's stores and a Smith's Marketplace and only one of them had the stand.

Two Kroger stores so far. One had nothing. The other had a few things...

Full House Season 1
Veronica Mars Season 1
TMNT Season 5 ($6)

Got Turtles, passed on the other two. :)

I would think these would be located with the other dvds they sell. At my local stire they were mixed in with $5.99 and $7.99 movie dvds. They were in a white metal bin type thing.

Nothing at the Kroger in Virginia Beach, VA. Just a small amount of left over DVDs from whenever the last sale was.

I went to 5 Smiths around town today (was by them in their area), and managed to find quite a few goodies.

I picked up a complete series set I've been wanting for a long, long time: God, The Devil, and Bob. I also picked up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (original) Season 5 (pizza box set) (own S4 already, just need the other seasons now), Animaniacs Volume 3, and some Sex and the City single disc as a gift. I got pretty much everything I wanted from this deal, unless more sets are added later.

I don't know if theres a seperate thread about this, but my Dad told me he saw Flintstones S2 & S3 at our local Rite Aid. They were priced $12.99 each. Might want to check there as well if your looking for more sets.

[quote name='soonersfan60']$12.99 kind of kills the enthusiasm, though...[/QUOTE]

Depends on how badly you want them. That's half of what Amazon charges, and a third of FYE's price. It's also four times what Big Lots was charging, but the odds of finding any more of those in Big Lots probably aren't great this long after they showed up.

Animaniacs Season 3 would be nice, but I haven't come across it yet. It's a lot more hit or miss than Big Lots, especially since there are so many grocery stores around me - off the top of my head, I could come up with about ten different Kroger stores within driving distance, and I don't think I can afford the time (or gas) to check them all out for something that may not even be there. :whistle2:?

Got TMNT: Season 5 last week, had a huge box of these DVD's and such in Elizabethtown, KY. Had Season 4 as well but I picked that up. Though there is a lot of DVD's released last year that are going for between $4-$7 a piece so it's a great DVD if your missing some in your collection.

OP you might want to change the thread name to Kroger/Ralph's since they're from the same company. I can confirm that Ralph's is receiving the same DVDs as Krogers.

I just got back from Ralph's and got TMNT Season 5 Original 90's series. I got 2 copies, one is up for trade. Going tomorrow to see if theres any more.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']OP you might want to change the thread name to Kroger/Ralph's since they're from the same company. I can confirm that Ralph's is receiving the same DVDs as Krogers.

I just got back from Ralph's and got TMNT Season 5 Original 90's series. I got 2 copies, one is up for trade. Going tomorrow to see if theres any more.[/QUOTE]

No point cause than I'd have to add Smiths as well and Fred Myers. I think Kroger is just the overall consumer.

I checked another Kroger store today that I drove by on my way to the library, and found nothing other than the normal rack of overpriced movies from the 80s and 90s.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that this is going to be a lot more hit or miss than Big Lots was, for better or worse. Maybe better, since I probably don't need to buy more movies after Big Lots. :)

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']No point cause than I'd have to add Smiths as well and Fred Myers. I think Kroger is just the overall consumer.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, just thought I'd mention it since we don't have a Kroger's here in the west coast, and had no idea Kroger's was affiliated with Ralph's.

Anyways I just came back from the store and got Superman TAS V2 and Veronica Mars S1. I also saw Looney Tunes Collections V4, Full House S1 & S4, and Wildfire S4. They were all priced at $7.99, which I thought was a rip off (I guess I got spoiled by Big Lots).

It seems the pricing on the HD-DVDs aren't consistant with every store. I bought Land of the Dead for $3.99 and saw it at another branch for $5.99--so watch out for that.

Looks like I'll have to scout some stores. I doubt clerks will know what the fuck I'm talking about when I call in and ask about DVD boxsets (maybe the Big Lots response I got from a few old ladies who asked if I was talking about their DVD players they sell)

Thanks OP

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Looks like I'll have to scout some stores. I doubt clerks will know what the fuck I'm talking about when I call in and ask about DVD boxsets (maybe the Big Lots response I got from a few old ladies who asked if I was talking about their DVD players they sell)

Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

I know how that is. lol. Called a few Big Lots before asking for boxsets and if they had a lot in. They tell me yes..and I go in to find maybe like 5..with hundreds of $3 movie dvds. Either a hoarder beat me to it within an hours time or the employees are just retarded. I'm betting the later.

Sorry to hear some people arent having luck. My Kroger is right next door to my Big Lots though. Maybe if theres not a Big Lots nearby it lowers the chances of that Kroger/Ralphs/Smiths/etc. having box sets.

Well, just as update, if anyone cares, but I had great luck (went to about seven Fry's last night, there's tons of them here) and I snagged both of the TMNT sets, Superman The Animated Series volume 2 (it was 7.99, sadly, but I didn't mind because it is a bad ass show if I remember right and I got volume 1 from Big Lots) and Animaniacs season 3. They also had a Tom and Jerry set I didn't really want to grab because it was a two disc, but still 7.99. In fact, all of the WB cartoons are 7.99, which could be overpriced unless you're a fan.

Another show I was considering was one called Buffalo Bill, but I didn't want to drop 7.99 on a blind purchase. It seems like a funny show, though.

I'm heading out tomorrow in hopes of finding Veronica Mars (found season 2, but I only need season 1 :( )

I found a Kroger with a new bargain bin of DVDs, however, all of the DVDs were previously viewed 7.99 movies with no TV sets in the box. It was a new stand that had just been put out. Bummer.

The Kroger I work at hasn't had box sets for a few months now, but when we did, I picked up both TMNT sets. I know we're supposed to be getting more in at the end of the week, so if we do, I'll post my finds.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']The Kroger I work at hasn't had box sets for a few months now, but when we did, I picked up both TMNT sets. I know we're supposed to be getting more in at the end of the week, so if we do, I'll post my finds.[/QUOTE]

Please do . ;)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I think I'm done with the sale. I refuse to go on a wild goose chase for Veronica Mars season 1-- went to 6 more stores last night and didn't find anything.[/QUOTE]

If I can find a copy for you would you be able to get me a copy of Animaniacs Volume 3?

Kroger/Ralphs restocked... picked up Veronica Mars season 1 and 2. each 9.99 though...but i just wanted to see what the fuss was about. Then some dude came and bought the other 3 copies of season 1 after me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HunteR7411']Argh, still searching if someone can score me a copy of Veronica Mars season 1![/QUOTE]

I've been checking the dvds whenever I go for groceries at Ralph's, and still no Veronica Mars :cry:. It's been a few weeks since I've seen anything worthwhile, but from what I can remember I've seen-

• What I like about you S1
  • Looney Tunes Collection V2
  • TMNT S4
  • Superman TAS S2

There was more, but it's been awhile since then. I'll continue to check and report the next time I'm at Ralphs.

Went to a nearby Kroger I never go to and happened upon a dvd setup that is actually this deal instead of the way overpriced used junk. It looked ot have been up for a little while as it wasn't really full. Here's what I saw:
Dukes of Hazzard S1, 2, 4
Veronica Mars S1, 2
TMNT S4
West Wing S?
Boomtown The Series
Animaniacs S2, 3 I think

AND A new one I haven't seen mentioned:
The Dead Zone - forgot which season now, maybe three

Would be cool if some more USA shows popped up like Monk and Psych.

bread's done
Back