DVD Burning Help

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!
I've never burned a DVD before and I need help. I have a bunch of files that are .avi's, and I want to make them into a DVD that I can play on a regular DVD player. I thought that all I would have to do is drag the files onto the compilation, and burn, but after I put one file on the compilation, it says that it's over the limit. This is with Power2Go that came with my computer. I have Nero on my old comp, and will probably get it again. But I basically need to know if I need to convert the files to another format? If so, what? and what options do I need to select in order to make it playable in a regular DVD player?

Also, it's about 10 GBs worth of stuff, is it going to fit on 3 DVDs or is it like creating a music CD where it's based on time and not the actual size of the files?

I'm not an expert on this, but maybe I can get you started...

Video on Video DVD's are encoded in MPEG2, so you'll need to convert your avi's to that format...

You'll also need some kind of DVD authoring software that will take those videos and create the file structure that DVD players require and add all of the stuff for menu's and things like that.

Note that many of these authoring packages will also do the necessary video conversions for you.

I think that the later versions of Nero and Roxio can author DVD's. Sonic and Adobe also make DVD authoring packages.

Hope this helps

bread's done
Back