DVD Rental Recommendation...

Legolas813

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I need some recommendations for a dvd rental at blockbuster. I know The Terminal and Hero just came out, but I don't know if they are any good or not. What are some good movies that were released recently?

The Terminal & Hero are both excellent films.

Both movies have those endings that you really don't see coming & they've made me think about them for days.

ok, thnx......hopefully my blockbuster will have The Terminal, since it doesn't seem to be that big of a movie, cause i already know they will be out of Hero

[quote name='WAJedi']Get the Boondock Saints....that movie kicks ass.[/quote]

hmm, never heard of it....maybe i'll look it up on google......i'd rather spend my money on a new release though

[quote name='smellhasreturned']isnt it guaranteed for hero ?
if they dont have it u can get a free rental from them[/quote]

yeah, maybe.......i'll have to check if my blockbuster does that, cause i don't think my location does

[quote name='yogi99']Get The Day After Tomorrow, Van Helsing, Spiderman 2, Hero, I-Robot.[/quote]

i've seen all of those except for van helsing and hero....i've been reluctant to get van helsing because i've heard its really bad

well turns out that my blockbuster doesn't do the "Guaranteed to Be Here" thing cause they were losing too much money on it......the lady said that most of the more popular blockbuster locations will be getting rid of that policy

anyways, they were sold out of Hero (they barely had any shelf space for it), so i just got The Terminal

Van Helsing was actually really good. My wife and I avoided it because of all the bad reviews but enjoyed it when we borrowed it from a friend on DVD. Ever seen "Owning Mahoney"? "28 days later"? "ELF"?

i just got done watching The Terminal......it was actually really good......it wasn't boring at all, like most people said it was

Van Helsing isnt good, it gets silly towards the end. 28 days is overrated; it was boring, not scary. Most people like Elf, it really didnt do that much for me. I recommend Mean Girls, its very funny.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']If your going back to Blockbuster soon, get Memento or Angela's Ashes. Both incredible movies.[/quote]

i saw Angela's Ashes after i read the book that it was based on

[quote name='Legolas813'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']If your going back to Blockbuster soon, get Memento or Angela's Ashes. Both incredible movies.[/quote]

i saw Angela's Ashes after i read the book that it was based on[/quote]

Thoughts?

Well if you haven't seen it I'd recommend Donnie Darko. Hero was an amazing movie when I saw it in the theatre. I enjoyed it more than Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Hero is really one of those films you should see in a theater. It loses a lot in the transition to home, and, unless you have a large tv and a killer surround sound setup, it's barely worth watching.

Rent 'Super Size Me'. Its a great new documentary and everyone I know that watched it loved it. Its funny and very distrubing. You'll dig it.

[quote name='diggityjones']Rent 'Super Size Me'. Its a great new documentary and everyone I know that watched it loved it. Its funny and very distrubing. You'll dig it.[/quote]

I saw it and immeadiately got sick of dorm food. Didn't eat anything there for a week...

If you haven't seen it, grab Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Good movie, especially if you have a girl to watch with...

[quote name='beerguy961'][quote name='diggityjones']Rent 'Super Size Me'. Its a great new documentary and everyone I know that watched it loved it. Its funny and very distrubing. You'll dig it.[/quote]

I saw it and immeadiately got sick of dorm food. Didn't eat anything there for a week...

If you haven't seen it, grab Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Good movie, especially if you have a girl to watch with...[/quote]

yeah, i saw super size me......i'm in college, though, so you really can't avoid fast food

and i also saw eternal sunshine......i liked that jim carrey was actually playing a serious role......the movie was pretty good, too

Rent "The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog". I watched it the other day and was cackling my ass off the entire time. Highly recommended!

The Terminal was awesome. I loved everything but the ending.

Shrek 2 is another one that just came out. Very funny movie. Highly recommended.

[quote name='Magician']The Terminal was awesome. I loved everything but the ending.

Shrek 2 is another one that just came out. Very funny movie. Highly recommended.[/quote]

yeah, I highly recommend The Terminal......it was much better than I thought it would be......the ending wasn't bad either, imo

i haven't seen Shrek 2 yet, though

[quote name='Legolas813'][quote name='Magician']The Terminal was awesome. I loved everything but the ending.

Shrek 2 is another one that just came out. Very funny movie. Highly recommended.[/quote]

yeah, I highly recommend The Terminal......it was much better than I thought it would be......the ending wasn't bad either, imo

i haven't seen Shrek 2 yet, though[/quote]

I didn't hate the ending. I just didn't love it like the rest of the movie. And you should definitely see Shrek 2. I laughed my head off when I saw it in theathers the first week it came out.

bread's done
Back