DVD shelving?

SexyBeast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey all. I've got a huge DVD/game collection, and I'm running out of shelf space.. I've got oddly shaped box sets, pre-order bonuses, etc, and they take up a lot of room. I'd love to get a nice shelf with a glass door on it, something that isn't the flimsy snap together stuff sold at Wal-Mart.. but I'm on a tight budget. Any suggestions?

[quote name='SexyBeast']nice shelf with a glass door on it, something that isn't the flimsy snap together stuff sold at Wal-Mart.. but I'm on a tight budget[/QUOTE]

Yikes! How tight is your budget? Also, around how much media are we talking? We talkin' 100 games and 100 movies, or are we talkin' 400-600 dvd sized cases?

Either way, Glass Door usually = bigger budget.

What I am hoping to get tomorrow is a nice display case for my collectible game items, and set that up next to my massive shelf. Both from Ikea.

If you don't have an ikea, and need a glass door on your games and movies, perhaps save money and get a big nice unit with a lot of extra space.

Good luck though!

Tight budgets and glass doors don't really go well together.

One thing you might consider is customizing one of the cheapy kinds of cabinets you can get at Wal-Mart or similar places. There are plenty of those kinds of cabinets that have doors with insets -- usually they are filled with veneers or cardboard or lightweight material. You could back or fill this instead with a pane of glass. You can get these made to size from a glass dealer cheaply and attach them with a few dollars worth of hardware.

I recently took a cheap snap-together pantry and trimmed it with $10 of molding from Home Depot. It went from looking like a POS to really nice.

Wish I had an Ikea.. I'm in the middle of nowhere in eastern Kentucky. Got a few malls within driving distance, but no Ikea around. I'm looking for something under $150, maybe? And I'd say well over 100 DVD cases.. mixture of games, movies, boxsets, etc.

Really, though, if I can just find a nice set of shelves that aren't flimsy, the doors aren't a must. I just want something that won't fall apart. The set of shelves I have right now, the "walls" are bowing out and the shelves keep popping loose.

If you have a Meijer nearby (there's a few in Kentucky), they might have some DVD shelves. The ones near me (Ohio) have them, and they come in four different sizes, ranging from pretty small up to around 500 DVDs. They look pretty good, too. They don't have any glass or anything, but they have extremely adjustable shelves and they're pretty cheap.

Where at in Eastern KY? There's some stores in winchester, gotta be something there.
$150 budget and only 100 case should be no problem. Along with 4 of those $20 shelves from walmart I got a spinning tower on clearance from best buy made by Init. They make some pretty decent looking stuff at a decent price.

I've got a few hundred games, dvds, blu's etc., so I wouldn't say your collection is Huge....very manageable on your budget.

I plan on retiring those lil shelves and getting something like this Just a simple wall shelf for my dvds (if they'll all fit), and put blu's and games on the spinner.

Are you open to solid doors instead of glass like this $150 model here ?

I tend to check out the furniture/dvd racks section all the time now at Target....I ended up building a make shift set up using a 10 piece set up that was on clearance that would have cost me like over 100 dollars for only 40 bucks! :D

bread's done
Back