DVD2Blu.com - Free shipping 9/10-12

Thanks for the post. The shipping charge was the only thing holding me back from ordering Supernatural S1 on BR, as it's the only item I have that I can upgrade.

[quote name='shrike4242']Thanks for the post. The shipping charge was the only thing holding me back from ordering Supernatural S1 on BR, as it's the only item I have that I can upgrade.[/QUOTE]

ditto, thanks op

[quote name='rogXue']damn I'd love to upgrade supernatural but not for $20 per season..[/QUOTE]I paid $16 + tax for my S1 DVD copy and with it being $20 + tax for the BR upgrade, that'll still be cheaper than the $41.49 cost on Amazon right now. Plus, I'm sure I can sell my DVD copy for $10 without much issue.

It trades into Amazon right now for $7.25, and that doesn't require any real effort on my part to get that done.

[quote name='shrike4242']I paid $16 + tax for my S1 DVD copy and with it being $20 + tax for the BR upgrade, that'll still be cheaper than the $41.49 cost on Amazon right now. Plus, I'm sure I can sell my DVD copy for $10 without much issue.

It trades into Amazon right now for $7.25, and that doesn't require any real effort on my part to get that done.[/QUOTE]
Don't you have to send in the first disc from each season you want to upgrade? You could still sell the remainder of the dvd boxets on ebay but amazon is kinda strict on their trade ins.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']Don't you have to send in the first disc from each season you want to upgrade? You could still sell the remainder of the dvd boxets on ebay but amazon is kinda strict on their trade ins.[/QUOTE]:dunce:

I forgot that they want the discs and not the cover art, like they did for Red2Blu.

Whoops. Ignore what I just said. :dunce:

[quote name='shrike4242']:dunce:

I forgot that they want the discs and not the cover art, like they did for Red2Blu.

Whoops. Ignore what I just said. :dunce:[/QUOTE]
Yeah the HD DVD upgrade was much better, at least you got to keep the discs. I think I broke even on the Matrix Trilogy upgrade when I sold the HD DVDs on ebay. The DVD2BLU is still a ok deal if you want to upgrade especially with the free shipping.

Great deal!

Question, though. Do they send you just a blu-ray disc back or do they send one with the case and everything? Just need to know what I should do with the cases I'm supposed to keep. I don't want to trash them and then find out I should have kept them to hold my new blu-ray discs.

So, when they send the upgrade do they send the case, disc and everything?

[quote name='avwjase']Great deal!

Question, though. Do they send you just a blu-ray disc back or do they send one with the case and everything? Just need to know what I should do with the cases I'm supposed to keep. I don't want to trash them and then find out I should have kept them to hold my new blu-ray discs.

So, when they send the upgrade do they send the case, disc and everything?[/QUOTE]

I'll be seriously pissed if they don't send a case with them... seriously why would i want a blu in a dvd case?

I can confirm that they send you the full retail set, wrapped just like you would get in store. Be careful what you're trading in though, some of these blu-rays can be had for not much more than the $5 or $7 they want for the upgrade. For example, I traded in Terminator 3 last time they had free shipping and its on sale for $7 this week. Totally worth it if you already have old DVDs sitting around though and free shipping is the way to go.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Wish this offer was on Red2blu as well.[/QUOTE]
it was a few months back

Does anyone know if the older version of Dark City (New Line Platinum Series) qualifies for this? They only have the director's cut listed, so I'm assuming it won't work. Didn't find any mention on the site though, so thought I'd ask just in case

[quote name='bobbyblane']Does anyone know if the older version of Dark City (New Line Platinum Series) qualifies for this? They only have the director's cut listed, so I'm assuming it won't work. Didn't find any mention on the site though, so thought I'd ask just in case[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed them about this because I have the same Dark City DVD. They wrote me back that _any_ copy of the films listed will work so long as it's a legal, authorized copy in good condition.

They also said they would accept international DVD's but they will only ship to addresses within the continental United States.

So, there you go.

bumping to see if anybody else has received there stuff / or at least got the e-mail saying they received your dvds. I send mine and the tracking number shows they've had it for awhile just curious since they said they would send a e-mail when they receive it but i've yet to see one.

I was personally amazed by the turnaround time. I ordered 12 DVD's, shipped them out on a Tuesday and received my Blu's that next Friday. So, what, 10 days? Impressive.

[quote name='cheapa$$']bumping to see if anybody else has received there stuff / or at least got the e-mail saying they received your dvds. I send mine and the tracking number shows they've had it for awhile just curious since they said they would send a e-mail when they receive it but i've yet to see one.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything either.

Thanks for pointing out the tracking number though. Looks like mine was delivered on the 17th.

Edit: Speak of the devil, the new blus were in my mail box today. Guess they didn't wanna email me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys got good service. I submitted my order on August 1, sent them in within a week, and they didn't even charge me until a couple weeks ago. Blus showed up today. I wasn't in a rush or anything, and hey, damn good deal.

bread's done
Back