Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 Thread - Gen Discussion & Info

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
North American launch March 24, 2009​

dwcf2.png

[quote name='Magic Box'] Namco Bandai and Koei have officially announced Gundam Musou 2 [Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2] for PS3, Xbox 360 and PS2, the game will be release on December 4, 2008 in Japan. The PS3/360 version will be sold for 7800 yen, and the PS2 version will be sold for 6800 yen.[/quote]
[quote name='Magic Box']
The game will be heading to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS2 on December 4, 2008 in Japan. This time the game will feature battles with gigantic Mobile Armors, which are several times larger than other Mobile Suits. Some characters can also launch energy shields or transform into Mobile Fortress. There will be many more new playable characters, including characters from Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack.[/quote]

The developer states:
- U.S. may get Online Vs.
- DLC is a possibility
- No Online co-op :cry:

Reviews:

Famitsu: 10, 9, 9, 8 - (36/40)
Gamespot: 4/10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rodimus']Online play would be a huge upgrade. But something tells me it ain't gonna happen.[/quote]

That's a selling point for me. Online co-op and an expanded moveset would be nice.

Online play would be huge for it.
I think one of the games has online versus, but versus is pretty cruddy.

I already pre-ordered Warriors Orochi 2 so I've had my hack and slash fill for the year (outside of Castle Crashers) for now.

Forget online play. I just want it to have Gundam Alex and the Nu Gundam in it. I heard it will have CCA in there, so Nu Gundam should definitely make an appearance.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Online play would be huge for it.
I think one of the games has online versus, but versus is pretty cruddy.

I already pre-ordered Warriors Orochi 2 so I've had my hack and slash fill for the year (outside of Castle Crashers) for now.[/quote]

Samurai Warriors 2 has that crappy online mode you speak of. You choose where to put your main general, then position the rest of your generals on the map. Your opponent then plays the map you made with CPU controlled generals. You do the same w/ the opponent's map setup. The first one to die or the first one to kill the main general wins. Not fun at all. It's not even Player vs Player, so why should I even play online??

Rei no Otaku: duuude Gundam Alex would be sweet! Which brings me to my next question...

What storyline are they going to follow this time? I'm guessing Seed would be a good choice. Choosing to do Wing or Turn A would be ok, but Original Mode presented all the relationships between the characters already.

Fact: This game will suck.

As much as a fan of DW as I was, I really got tired of it by the 5th one. I played 2,3, and 4 to death.

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm not a big Gundam fan but I always liked G-Gundam. Hope they have more characters from that series.[/QUOTE]
It would be nice to have Allenby and the Nobel Gundam in the game.

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm not a big Gundam fan but I always liked G-Gundam. Hope they have more characters from that series.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge gundam fan either, but I would definetly be down for some G-Gundam characters. I love their mobile suits. Also, I'd like to see the rest of the mobile suits from Gundam Wing and a playable Gouf.

Edit: Just found this info...

http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article...UNDAM_2_Announced_for_Next-Gen_Consoles_.html

New Series Appearing:
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (hinted)

New Mobile Suits:
RX-93 Nu Gundam (Pilot: Amuro Ray)
MSN-04 Sazabi (Pilot: Char Aznable)
ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam (Pilot: Kira Yamato) (hinted)

Other Confirmed Armors:
MA-08 Big Zam
MRX-009 Psyco Gundam
NZ-333 Alpha Azieru
Grunt MS Seen
RGM-89 Jegan
AMS-119 Geara Doga

Good thing I didn't pick up the first. I played the demo at Best Buy and liked it, but never could find it for the supposed $30 price tag that most of you guys on the mainland probably saw. I'd never pay $60 for a hack-n-slash button mashing game. Here's hoping that this does make it over to the U.S. so I can finally play the thing. (Too lazy to translate all the Japanese...)

I enjoyed the first DW: Gundam a lot. But I can think of no other title that would benefit more from online co-op play than the DW series. Mindless beat'em ups + online = gold every time.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Wow those are some actually good reviews[/quote]

Yes, it has me hopeful, but Famitsu gave the first one a decent review also (33/40) There's no denying they're biased torwards both the Dynasty Warriors & Gundam

Depending on the actual release date when it's revealed, I may just import it if we will be in for a long wait. I'll possibly do that for 2 reasons. 1: it will add play time to my soon to arrive japanese 360 sometime next week. And 2 it has an option to change the language to english (voice dialogue) which was shown in one of the videos.

I'm not sure what you're looking at, but everywhere I look says TBA 2009. Nothing indicating a near or early march release. Still could be in for a wait if it's got that kinda status.

Yeah I was pretty sure I read that it was coming out the beginning of next year. The fact that people are claiming the Japanese version already has the English in it makes me believe that even more.

^ Yeah, the drones rarely attack, and the game was fairly easy overall. But after a days of work it was comforting to play something mind numbing & simple.

It's funny, I always hear the normal DW series is superior but I like DW Gundam much more.

Got 1000/1000 on the original and I can't wait for the sequel... it wasn't perfect, but it was fun for a while of that time I spent on it.

Im gonna try and get the rest of the points to get my 1000/1000 on the first one but as far as the drones not attacking I never noticed I was too busy tryin to build up my super and pwning with the laser supers etc. I would customize my gundams to get there supers fast lol game was sweet

I just wish some websites would say Q1 2009 on their release info, since the game was said to be coming out at that time. But everywhere I've looked says TBA 2009, which frankly doesnt sound good to me, as that's a indication that the sites who have it listed in their release date lists havent heard of a set date for the game. And when I say sites I mean top dog sites like ign, gamespot, among others no matter how crappy or good they're percieved to be.

Rei I'll try to find the video I saw that had english voicing, and even showed off a option screen with the language option right there to change between japanese and english, and post a link to it.

http://gundam-musou.jp/xbox/ This is the link to the Gundam Musou 2 webpage. On the lower left hand corner of the screen is a link that says movie. That's the movie I saw. You'll see them using traditional japanese for a bit as they go through the various gameplay modes and such, then they'll show the screen that has the language change option. From there you'll see the clip display japanese text while the voice acting is english.

1 more week, but I really wish this would've came out last month. Only beacuase I just started to play Madworld & Valkyria Chronicles. I'd hate to juggle my gaming time with one more, so I've been debating wheather to pick this up a launch or not.

I might bite if I see a nice deal. Anyone know of one yet?

Madworld is really short, I finished it in 3 hours, so that shouldn't take much more of your time.

Really looking forward to this. I do wish it hadn't been pushed back, but oh well.

I caved and got this and I'm very glad I did. I played this a bunch in the last few days, probably too much. I like the fact that you don't have to level up the Gundams with every pilot anymore. And with all the missions to do with all the pilots I'll get a lot of play out of this.

I read a couple reviews and I feel some were very harsh, almost as if they're picking on the DW series. Makes me feel like there's something wrong with me for enjoying a game with poor reviews.

[quote name='Rodimus']I caved and got this and I'm very glad I did. I played this a bunch in the last few days, probably too much. I like the fact that you don't have to level up the Gundams with every pilot anymore. And with all the missions to do with all the pilots I'll get a lot of play out of this.

I read a couple reviews and I feel some were very harsh, almost as if they're picking on the DW series. Makes me feel like there's something wrong with me for enjoying a game with poor reviews.[/QUOTE]
There's nothing wrong with you. It's a great game. Just another example of reviewers bashing Koei games.

I've been playing it a lot as well, and all the improvements that have been made are great. I'm enjoying it a lot.

The "Parts System" is a nice addition, but I think it would've been better if they had some kinda shop where you could buy them instead of enemies drop them at random.

Also anyone one know how to unlock Jerid Messa?

bread's done
Back