Dynasty Warriors

mwynn

CAGiversary!
Are any of the ps3 games any good?
I tried the Strike Force demo and it was awful.

My friend is giving one of the DW for free (I think DW:6) so I'll give you an unbiased review of it (I've never played a DW game before).

DW games are all pretty much like that. You'll get to know the square button very well.

I have DW Gundam 2 and it's pretty much like that as well.

[quote name='option.iv']

I have DW Gundam 2 and it's pretty much like that as well.[/QUOTE]

That is the only DW game I came close to buying, because of the Gundam universe. Looked fun, but Idk I'll rent it one day.

I have no problem with the button mashing. I like it on ps2. Strike Force feels really slow and there were enemy pop ins. They would pop up and attack you from behind. Back on ps2 I would rack up 1000's of kills and have fun. Strike Force bored me after a few minutes.

I have DW2, Samurai Warriors, and Gundam 2, they're pretty much the same, not sure why I still buy'em, except for the mindless fun, just never took the time to finish any of them.

Speaking of which in case some people didn't know yet, there is a Hokuto no Ken Musou (Fist of the North Star) game coming out this year, well in JPN so far (this March) with all the head exploding goodness of FotNS.

from wikipedia

"A Dynasty Warriors spinoff based on Hokuto no Ken for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 was announced by Koei titled Hokuto Musō (北斗無双?) on October 14, 2009.[26]"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...cial&hs=AVi&q=Hokuto+no+Ken+musou&btnG=Search

Check out Youtube for videos and stuff, looks like I'm going to buy another one if they keep pulling this fight thousands of enemies bit with cool IP's bit. Gotta admit though, good fit, if there ever was one.

Koei should really make an American version of the series that features Jean Claude Van Damme, Steven Segal, Jackie Chan, and others as the characters. Have them beating up thousands of mindless thugs. I'd buy day one of release.

[quote name='pram12']My friend is giving one of the DW for free (I think DW:6) so I'll give you an unbiased review of it (I've never played a DW game before).[/QUOTE]
is that so
reallly?
5.gif

[quote name='pram12']Wow, I just played the Strikeforce demo and was shocked at how bad it was. I feel ripped off getting it for free.[/QUOTE]

The biggest problem is how slow the animations are.

bread's done
Back