e-bay advice (have delivery confirmation)

theblizzman

CAGiversary!
Here is situation.
I sent a package with delivery confirmation (USPS site confirms it was delivered). Purchaser is now stating they never received the item. If he/she disputes the claim will paypal take the $ out of my account? I can provide e-mails of the purchaser confirming their address and the usps tracking number stating that it was delivered. I fully expect negative feedback, but I have no intention of giving back the $.

If you have delivery confirmation & fulfilled the other obligations to be covered by the seller protection policy (ship within 7 days to a confirmed address & have premier or business account), then you're fine.

If you haven't already, ask your buyer to check with the mailman, post office, neighbors, & other household members. There is a chance your buyer isn't lying, but your responsiblity is over if you followed the SPP.

If you do give a negative, reply with something like:
EOA xx/xx, shipped xx/xx, DC showed delivered on xx/xx, Buyer demanded refund

As someone said, there IS a chance that the buyer isn't lying. Once someone sent out with DC and I said I didn't get it. Since it was TGN, we were both very nice to each other and waited around a few weeks. Then, it returned to his doorstep ripped and messed up. The DC is wrong sometimes but I have no idea how to work it out with the buyer.

If you have DC and shipped to the approved address you're fine.

If they file a claim, Paypal will ask you for online tracking, you give them the DC number that shows it was delivered, and you automatically win.

We've been selling on eBay for about 8 years and have never lost a claim as long as we had a DC number and shipped to the approved address.

Similar situation happened to me. I sold a laptop. Buyer used paypal. I shipped to the CONFIRMED address, and used delivery confirmation (with signature).
Later found out the buyers account was hacked. Paypal "held" the money that was in my account, but since I complied with all the rules of the Paypal Protection Policy, they eventually gave me back the money.

You can expect that if the buyer files a claim that Paypal will hold that money for as long as a month, but if you followed the rules, you will get it back.

Thanks for all of the advice. I should be OK based on what I am hearing. I sent buyer delivery confirmation information and he responded back with a demand for his money back along with explatives.

bread's done
Back