1 (100%)
Pics from the the Expo

http://picasaweb.google.com/zoglog/EForAll2007
DSC01917.JPG

http://www.eforallexpo.com/

Thursday/Friday ticket: $50
Saturday/Sunday ticket: $75
4-day ticket: $90

Looks like Ryan Payton just announced on his podcast that the MGS4 demo will make it's way on the show floor!
There will be 12 Kiosks apparently so get there early!

And apparently there will be no PSN demo

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163771

Following Tokyo Game Show, everyone who got a chance to play Metal Gear Solid 4 has been jonesing for another chance -- and everyone who didn't get a chance to play has been wondering what the deal is with the monkey. Nevertheless, it seemed as if a demo would be heading our way soon.

Though it makes sense, a demo isn't coming. So says the latest Kojima Productions podcast (via Game|Life). According to Michael Shelling from Konami, the E for All Expo is the first and last chance we'll be able to get our grubby paws on the game until its release. If people had known that before the expo started, ticket sales probably would have been boosted considerably.

No demo at all, not even as we get closer to the release date? Plans are subject to change, but right now Konami's official word is no. As you cry your bitter tears, you may find some comfort in reading our hands-on preview. Or it may put you in a spiral of depression.

Wow, I can now go to EFA video game show. I say its going to be like a comic convention, since they were all about toning down E3

damn it's like u go to that convention,

then watch Dig Jelly at pmx the next week~!!

it doesnt get much better than that

the prices seem to be 2x the usual event, but it's still much cheaper than that stupid blizzard convention was. I think that was like $300. This is good for anyone in the public that's always been wanting to experience E3 but couldn't.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']That's more than PAX right? But it's not too expensive.[/QUOTE]

you can probably bet on more industry supported events than PAX since it is less of a normal Fan con. I'd imagine it'd be like a slightly scaled down E3 with less meetings and more Shopping.

I like how when you go to their website, you get hit with a flash showing off a punk-azz bitch "gamer" guy and some "chick".

20010606h.gif

Save up your money for PAX, folks.

Prices are actually reasonable. But, factor in flight and hotel, and it will be pretty pricey. I'm making it a point to go to one of these at least once in my life though.

all preorder codes are the same price. I've been going to E3 for the past 5 years or so for free, so something about paying feels kind of weird. Though perhaps the event could be more fun as it turns less advertising based and more focus on actually enjoying games and having fun.

[quote name='botticus']Huh... that's actually quite reasonable, if a cheap flight to LA could be had.[/quote]

yeah i hear about the pricing for it on attack of the show and if you buy the whole event pass thats a decent price to be able to get free stuff , play games and possibly meet some celebs and gaming important types. id do it if i lived there but that price to fly there and back wouldnt justify it but for those who love near enough itd be a shame to miss it if you could afford it.

Well either way it doesn't seem to work, their e-mail notification which you get your activation code. So I can't sign up for an account or buy tickets yet. Lame.

So... What is this? Is it like E3, but for the public? It appears it will be held in the LA Convention Center.

I went to E3 in 2005 and loved it. Where can I find more info about this deal? The site had next to no info on the show.

[quote name='Zoglog']the prices seem to be 2x the usual event, but it's still much cheaper than that stupid blizzard convention was. I think that was like $300.[/QUOTE]

Blizzcon is only $100 for two days.

I wish u can get only a 1 day pass -_-

spending more than a few hours at any convention gets on my patience...

yet I cant stop going to them o_O

I nominate Friday for a meet up. I'll definitely take Friday off and go that day. I'm trying to decide if it is worth going for two days (either take Thursday off and go or buy the 4 day pass and go Sunday).

Having recently moved to LA these conventions are killing my wallet. I'll definitely be going to Star Wars celebration and I'm tempted to go to Blizzcon just because I can.

I'd consider going, only a couple hour drive, though the gas would be the killer. Always wanted to go to some kind of E3 event and it would be great to catch the video games live performance

[quote name='JEKKI']I wish u can get only a 1 day pass -_-

spending more than a few hours at any convention gets on my patience...

yet I cant stop going to them o_O[/QUOTE]

Just admit it, you're just trying to get into my pants ;)
roar...........

Anyway uh........ .....

About the video Games live, I went to the first one in the hollywood bowl and it was pretty pathetic sad to say, even with Kojima there. That whole thing flopped and then it came back. it's really strange. oh yeah and remember the ticket cost for this event is seperate from the convention.

I just hope that this convention will yield more good giveaways.Nvidia always had the most badass raffles at E3 and I won some pretty neat stuff from them.

[quote name='Zoglog']oh yeah and remember the ticket cost for this event is seperate from the convention.
[/quote]

Well that both sucks and is retarded at the same time.

I dont understand I thought E3 was no more. Then I hear ppl in interviews saying this and that about E3. Phil said it last week on the 1upShow. So I guess its back but at some new date and place and such?

[quote name='BREVITY']I dont understand I thought E3 was no more. Then I hear ppl in interviews saying this and that about E3. Phil said it last week on the 1upShow. So I guess its back but at some new date and place and such?[/QUOTE]

no, this event is run by a completely different entity (the douche bags that publish game pro) E3 is not no more, it's just going to be a more exclusive scaled down press only Event. E for all will probably be like those other conventions like digital life where consumers go to play stuff, hence the cost.

Btw Tickets online require a service charge of 4 bucks, bullshit

[quote name='Zoglog']Just admit it, you're just trying to get into my pants ;)
roar...........[/QUOTE]IS DIG JELLY IN YOUR PANTS?!?!?!?!?!?!

[quote name='Zoglog']no, this event is run by a completely different entity (the douche bags that publish game pro) E3 is not no more, it's just going to be a more exclusive scaled down press only Event. E for all will probably be like those other conventions like digital life where consumers go to play stuff, hence the cost.

Btw Tickets online require a service charge of 4 bucks, bullshit[/quote]
I ran E3Insider.com, E3's website, for the past four years. Here's the real deal: E3 is, indeed, scaled down to the new E3 Summit, which is (sadly) very exclusive. I won't bore you with the explanation - who knows if I even have it right. But E for All - that's the show you want. It's not run by GamePro - although it IS run by their parent company, IDG. What's important to know is that the team that created E3 and ran it every year are the same people now at IDG who are launching E for All - so it will be, in many ways, the E3 for everyone. It may not have as many exhibitors, and the exhibits may not be as insanely overdone, but it will allow all of us to get together and play stuff none of our friends have played yet. There will be a ton of cool additions announced in the next few months.

We're also launching a new E for All website in phases - end of May and early August. By the August release it will have some pretty amazing features. What you're seeing now is a ticketing site (by others affiliated with the program), and a microsite we built to hold everyone over until the new site is ready.

Personally, I hope a lot of CAG members go - I'm trying to work in ways to make it easy for groups like us to connect through the E for All community parts of the website, and onsite. There may even be a way to have the CAG logo added to the show shirts just for CAG members - would that be cool?

I just got my Media badge confirmed for the event so i'll be going woohoo. It's a brave new world from here on out o_Ob

[quote name='Zoglog']I just got my Media badge confirmed for the event so i'll be going woohoo. It's a brave new world from here on out o_Ob[/QUOTE]
Thish ish where it'sh at, baby! *hic* - Ed Fleminglish, courtesy of PA

The prices seem high for just being able to wander around watching trailers and playing a few demos. Compare it to blizzcon though, and it looks like crazy mad clearance prices.

[quote name='foolthrottle']I ran E3Insider.com, E3's website, for the past four years. Here's the real deal: E3 is, indeed, scaled down to the new E3 Summit, which is (sadly) very exclusive. I won't bore you with the explanation - who knows if I even have it right. But E for All - that's the show you want. It's not run by GamePro - although it IS run by their parent company, IDG. What's important to know is that the team that created E3 and ran it every year are the same people now at IDG who are launching E for All - so it will be, in many ways, the E3 for everyone. It may not have as many exhibitors, and the exhibits may not be as insanely overdone, but it will allow all of us to get together and play stuff none of our friends have played yet. There will be a ton of cool additions announced in the next few months.

We're also launching a new E for All website in phases - end of May and early August. By the August release it will have some pretty amazing features. What you're seeing now is a ticketing site (by others affiliated with the program), and a microsite we built to hold everyone over until the new site is ready.

Personally, I hope a lot of CAG members go - I'm trying to work in ways to make it easy for groups like us to connect through the E for All community parts of the website, and onsite. There may even be a way to have the CAG logo added to the show shirts just for CAG members - would that be cool?

[/quote]

So you just run their website? Or are you actually part of the organization (IDG) that is putting on E for All?

Ok, so who exactly is going to this? I've got my ticket but only for friday cause I'm going to be down there for the weekend and thought what the hell. So if there's enough people or whatever maybe we can meet up?

fock mang those ticket prices SKYROCKETED!

$75 for the weekend?!?! I was supposed to buy new kicks this month :cry:

shyt better be worth it... or muthafukkas gonna catch shells that day...

in a VIDEO GAME that is! ooooohhh~~!

well the only day I can be there is friday. I was thinking we should all get those CAG bracelets so we can easily find fellow CAGs, but that's just me being all organized and shiz.

u guys better let us kno how good the show is...

I dont wanna make $75 commitment :bomb: unless u guy reccommend I can buy tickets there

I think I should be going all day Friday and half day Saturday, so perhaps we could do some sort of CAG meet up since it seems most of the people posting in this thread are going Friday.

[quote name='Zoglog']just go 1 day then Jekki[/QUOTE]is there one day price?!?!?!

all the quotes are for 2 days... and no matter how dope it is I'll still get bored in a few hours,

but I'll still be glad I went

bread's done
Back