E73 Error! wtf is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

decrot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
My xbox seems to have died. I only had the friggin thing for a year. anyone else ever had this code? there is 1 red ring on it. Went the the xbox site and it states that 1 ring might be a HD failure, but the codes only corresponse to E6X. took it out and still get the same code. anyone know of any fixes?

E73: I/O Hardware Error - Couldn't calibrate HSIO Bus from edram: this error is likely caused by a problem with the Ethernet port or supporting control devices

so is there anyone to fix this? called ms and they told me its 100 bones to fix. its BS too because my warranty just ran out.

[quote name='decrot']so is there anyone to fix this? called ms and they told me its 100 bones to fix. its BS too because my warranty just ran out.[/QUOTE]

your warranty can't run out yet you have it for 3 years...you said you only had your xbox for a year

+ theres already a thread for this
+ you had your xbox for a year.... ( warranty is for 3 years)

[quote name='garc4475']your warranty can't run out yet you have it for 3 years...you said you only had your xbox for a year

+ theres already a thread for this
+ you had your xbox for a year.... ( warranty is for 3 years)[/QUOTE]
they told me that 1 ring isn't covered under the 3 year warranty. I had it probably since may of last year, but they told me and estimated purchase date of march 08. I don't have a receipt to prove this.

Actually found a temp fix for this. had to overheat the damn thing. now its just a matter to time before it fully fails. hopefully i get 3 rings so it'll be covered.

[quote name='decrot']they told me that 1 ring isn't covered under the 3 year warranty. I had it probably since may of last year, but they told me and estimated purchase date of march 08. I don't have a receipt to prove this.

Actually found a temp fix for this. had to overheat the damn thing. now its just a matter to time before it fully fails. hopefully i get 3 rings so it'll be covered.[/QUOTE]

but the e74 is now coverd with the3 year warranty ....idk seems shady to me..
here go to the official cag thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179159

[quote name='AceSXE']i think they extended the warranty to 3 years for e73......its on the xbox forums...[/QUOTE]
Did they?
the guy on the phone at customer support told me i had to pay, and trying to do it online also gives me a price. hopefully it'll be covered soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back