e74 claim?

sunfiredragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
So Microsoft added the e74 error that 360's were getting to their "extended warranty", along with the RRoD and stated that they were going to send refunds automatically to those people who had sent in a repair for this as is noted: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=969905&lcid=1033&category=hardware

My question is, did anyone actually get theirs? And if you didn't, how do you go about claiming one? The article clearly states that you can submit a claim after July 1, but never gives any place to actually do so. I guess I could call support, but I'd almost rather go play in traffic than have to deal with the amount of incompetence that would result in.

On a related note, my Xbox E74'ed me last night. My console is still under warranty, but do I send the HDD in with the Xbox, and if so, will my data be transfered for me, or do I lose everything on my HDD?

I got refunded last month I believe it was. I got the E74 error back in February of 2008. They refunded me straight through my checking account

[quote name='daschrier']On a related note, my Xbox E74'ed me last night. My console is still under warranty, but do I send the HDD in with the Xbox, and if so, will my data be transfered for me, or do I lose everything on my HDD?[/QUOTE]

You DO NOT send the HDD or any accessories.

I just went through this same issue, got the E74 about 3 weeks ago. It actually looks like they sent me a brand new 360. The one I received back from MS has a different serial number, a build date of 6/2/09 and it said "Falcon" on the outside of the box near the shipping label.

Alright, cool, thanks guys.

I was surprised to see that when I called the 1800 number, the prerecorded message said if you had E74 errors just send it in.....another big whoops from Microsoft.

I just checked the credit card I used to pay for the repair, and there definitely wasn't a return made to it. It's really frustrating because I basically don't have a way to prove that I had it repaired, since the console they sent me has a different serial number from the original, and it's not like I've held onto any info from almost 2 years ago.

I got e74 and mailed it to MS and they fixed it + 1month live card for trouble. They dont send the box, but you have to print label (shipping is paid)
I got it back in two weeks

bread's done
Back