EA and Spielberg team up on Three future titles

"I have been playing EA games for years and have watched them master the interactive format," commented Spielberg

from a different article:

"There is no greater storyteller than Steven Spielberg," said EA Chairman and CEO Larry Probst.

get a fucking room! (btw, they are both full of shit.)

EA makes games for the "everybody" market. Spielberg makes movies for the "everybody" market.

Sounds like they'll make a nice "everybody" game.

[quote name='Apossum']from a different article:

get a fucking room! (btw, they are both full of shit.)[/QUOTE]

Jealous that EA is dominating gaming? Yes, they have mastered the gaming format. You are I might like them, but we are nothing next to the millions of people who swallow EA games up like crack.

Everywhere i go i see people buying madden, or marvel nemesis, no matter how much each suck. So EA must be doing SOMETHING rite?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Jealous that EA is dominating gaming?[/QUOTE]

Why would he be jealous? He's not a video game publisher.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Jealous that EA is dominating gaming? Yes, they have mastered the gaming format. You are I might like them, but we are nothing next to the millions of people who swallow EA games up like crack.

Everywhere i go i see people buying madden, or marvel nemesis, no matter how much each suck. So EA must be doing SOMETHING rite?[/QUOTE]

where to start......I could just say "if you have to ask, you'll never know" but I'm bored as shit right now, so here's the lesson:

1. Brak's right, I'm not a game publisher and I don't pledge allegiance to any of them. I buy the games and systems that put out stuff that I like. If my favorite devs started working for EA and the quality of their games remained the same, I'd still buy their games.

2. No they have not mastered the "gaming format."

here's a question: Has Brittany Spears "mastered" music? Has Fox "mastered" news? Has McDonalds "mastered" food?

3. They've been putting out mass produced, rehashed crap that appeals to a huge audience and is guaranteed success, no matter what, as long as they don't take any huge chances. that's what they do right. It works, why change it. And that's why Spielberg and EA will make a great team. Together they can "master" the superficial tastes of the mainstream audience with tired cliches, tired appeals to emotions, tired ideas in general that don't contribute anything productive to the art of gaming :lol:

there can be a jurassic park game but instead of dinos from the movies EA creates there own dinosaurs with their own back story cause thats just as good

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']there can be a jurassic park game but instead of dinos from the movies EA creates there own dinosaurs with their own back story cause thats just as good[/QUOTE]

Actually - they are making an Indiana Jones game - but instead of Jones it stars Short Round and some guy named Idaho Smith.

[quote name='camoor']Actually - they are making an Indiana Jones game - but instead of Jones it stars Short Round and some guy named Idaho Smith.[/QUOTE]

I heard they cut Shorty out at the last minute.....something about him being too cool and stealing the show.

[quote name='Strell']Schindler is back, and this time HE'S PISSED OFF.[/QUOTE]

I picture a gigantic mech-Hitler (ala-Wolfenstein).

I guess when you finally think you've saved Private Ryan, you're told HE'S IN ANOTHER CASTLE.

They should call sequels Saving Private Ryan: AGAIN.

[quote name='Strell']I guess when you finally think you've saved Private Ryan, you're told HE'S IN ANOTHER CASTLE.

They should call sequels Saving Private Ryan: AGAIN.[/QUOTE]

:D Awesome.

bread's done
Back