EA Cash Cards Sunnyvale

TShunter

CAGiversary!
I am new here hello everyone and would like some help from the people in Sunnyvale California. My question revolves around the EA cash cards I can't seem to find any anywhere. The reason I am looking is to get Mass Effect for PC since I can't seem to find it anywhere in this area and Mass Effect 2 is waiting on my shelf waiting to be played after it.
And I am sorry if this is the wrong section I don't know where this belongs since it's not a deal.

I thought there was a post count sorry about that joined a while ago and now I thought today would be the day to become part of the community. The reason i want these "cash cards" is because i don't have a credit card nor a debit card.

You could just ask your parents or a friend with a card to buy it and give them the cash. I think they may have these "cash cards" at Walmart or BestBuy; good luck.

Hello fellow Sunnyvillain ;)

If I were you, I'd steer clear away from those "cash cards."

Not only do you have to pay like ~$5-8 to recharge them (example you want to refill a card with $50, it'll cost $55-58 to do so), if you use them at any ATM machine, I believe the card charges you an additional $3, and that doesn't include what the banking institution that owns the ATM will charge you.

Also I'm not sure if it applies to CA, as it is against CA law, but I think the prepaid debit card might also charge monthly maintenance fees to keep the card active.

I think you might be confused fellow suburbanite i was talking about this http://www.eacashcard.com/home.action?intcmp=eaint52. I checked the 7-11 on old san francisco, and Gamestop to my surprise they had all these other kinds of prepaid cards for things like gaia but not EA. I don't really want to ask my parents for something like that especially at my age and besides I just not in the right form for me to get mass effect 1 took me a while though being a broke college student dam California and its price hikes in education!

Yes that is what he means and they are available at Toys R Us, 7-11, Walmart, and Safeway according to EA's site.

I don't know what his transportation situation is - but he should just call around to those stores near him and ask if they have them.

If he has to drive or take a bus to each store that time/gas/bus money would be better spent IMO to just go to walmart or CVS and pay 5 bucks to charge one of those mastercard or visa giftcards. It's a one time charge, and it works like a virtual credit card that can be used online.

It is a premium, but depending on the gas or bus situation it's not paying too much more.

Thanks I found out they actually had some at my local Best Buy from the link and called up to check if they were in stock and it was and as for the gas situation I didn't drive most of the places are a walking distance away and for something that is said to be so readily available at these stores I did not find any in Toys, 7-11, or even Safeway, just a heads up for people in Sunnyvale the only place that has it is Best Buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back