EA.com: 25% off birthday promo code

Pavelboca

CAGiversary!
So I opened up my mail a few days ago on my birthday and found that EA sent me a promo code for 25% off for the store. The store has a lot of EA games and allows for pre-orders of unreleased games. I haven't used the code yet and am sort of afraid too because I dont plan on buying anything at the moment, and I don't want to burn out the code by hitting apply on the checkout page.

Anyway, what I am wondering now is if you have to be a member for a certain amount of time to receive this code. If not, I can see it becoming abused a tad. Feel free to register and make your birthday today or tommorrow and see if they send you a code.

Ill try to get a pic of the promo up in a few minutes.

Edit:
Here is an image of the promo

I got this on my birthday in September as well. Used it plus the leftovers I had from the BB 1/2 price Sims cards to pre-order The Saboteur for like $25.

I got the code a couple of weeks ago and ordered FIFA 10 for $44.96. They even threw in free shipping and charged me no tax. :applause:

No, the code is person specific. What I am saying is that an EA account can be created, with a birthdate of say tommorrow, and the code will be sent to your email.

I got this on my birthday as well (right in the middle of the BB 1/2 price Sims card madness).

If I recall correctly it was a one-time use code. As such, I think the OP is meaning this as more of a heads-up that you get this for being a member at the store.

[quote name='Pavelboca']No, the code is person specific. What I am saying is that an EA account can be created, with a birthdate of say tommorrow, and the code will be sent to your email.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not, or at the very least YMMV. I entered in a birthday that was coming up a few months ago, and I never got anything when the date came and went.

Somehow I got one recently. My birthday is in Jan, and I rarely lie about the date...

They send it on your EA site membership birthday.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Definitely not, or at the very least YMMV. I entered in a birthday that was coming up a few months ago, and I never got anything when the date came and went.[/QUOTE]

Huh. I wonder why they only send it too certain people. Maybe you do have to be a member for a certain amount of time.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']25% for new games is about $45.

Does EA.com charge for shipping or state tax? Hopefully not, or at least not like TRU.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same too..

It seems to be your EA account's anniversary that gets you the code, so if you registered today, you'd get a code on Oct 7, 2010.

Yeah, the code works great, got one a month ago. I used it on the Dragon Origins CE for PC. Total was $48.71, and savings of $23.23. :)

It's not the anniversary you registered you get the code, it is indeed your birthday, I got mine at 6 in the morning on my birthday, so time might be a factor as well. I've been getting them for years now and never really use them because that store is a bitch when it comes to codes. Tried getting a game and put the bday code on, as well as another and it canceled out the discount and it was not usable after.

Shit site...

In any case, I've registered with EA on at least four different sites dating all the way back when I beta tested the Sims Online in 2002. I've never gotten anything.

bread's done
Back