EA does not equal Extremely Annoying anymore. Good experience with support.

RuzzT

CAGiversary!
I just had a nice experience with EA online support. I had placed my order today during their online 50% off sale and tried to check out with Paypal to make my payment. But, then I realized I had not updated my address info in Paypal and the transfer would most likely not go through. So, I went back to the checkout screen and started over intending to use my credit card.

As I started to do that, my friends asked me to dinner, so I just jumped up and left. When I got back the sale had ended and the store tried to bill me for regular price. So, I contacted support and explained.

At first the rep said, "Sorry, nothing we can do". I know it's what she has to say so I say, "Well, too bad for EA" and then shut up. I wait like three minutes for a response from her and she comes back with "Here's a one-time $20 discount for you!" With which I immediately made the purchases I wanted to make as if they were still discounted.

I was all ready to say "EA Filth Flarn Flarn!" (even though it was my fault), but I can now only say "EA Rocks!" And if they continue to be cool with the customers like that, as Steam and D2D already do, they will definitely get my future business.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back