EA Flash Deal: Dead Space 2

S1yth

CAG Veteran
According to the EA Flash Deal facebook posting it appears Dead Space 2 will be a flash deal today. They are asking us if we are ready for it to go on sale.

UPDATE: Deal is not today but tomorrow. My apologies.

Tomorrow we are dropping 3 deals throughout the day for Dead Space 2. To unlock the first deal we need to get 3,000 likes of the “Your Mom’s Really Bad at Dead Space 2 Multiplayer” video before Friday at 11:30 AM PST. If we reach 3,000 likes the first deal will unlock at that time on Friday. (Thanks AVJTony831)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you feel it? The rising tension?

We need some kind of announcer. Like Don LaFontaine.

THREE THOUSAND SOULS PRECARIOUSLY HANGING ON THE PRECIPICE, AWAITING THEIR CHANCE TO BE AMONG THE SELECTED FEW TO PURCHASE DEAD SPACE TWO. WHO WILL SUCCEED?! WHO WILL FAIL?! THE STRENGTH OF THEIR BURNING SOULS WILL SEPARATE THE WINNERS FROM THE LOSERS, BUT ONLY TIME WILL REVEAL THE ANSWERS.

Man so many good reasons to have a FAQ around. Check the general thread for info guys.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8207421#post8207421

I might just add a link to it in my sig since people rather have these one off threads and then ask the same questions over and over again. CaptainJoel I suggest you try to enter one of your codes and see if it stacks. I know the $20 off codes work. I used one to get NBA JAM for free when it was $19.98 the other week.

[quote name='Meeryn']Can you feel it? The rising tension?

THREE THOUSAND SOULS PRECARIOUSLY HANGING ON THE PRECIPICE, AWAITING THEIR CHANCE TO BE AMONG THE SELECTED FEW TO PURCHASE DEAD SPACE TWO. WHO WILL SUCCEED?! WHO WILL FAIL?! THE STRENGTH OF THEIR BURNING SOULS WILL SEPARATE THE WINNERS FROM THE LOSERS, BUT ONLY TIME WILL REVEAL THE ANSWERS.[/QUOTE]

I read that in my head as the Soul Calibur announcer, then the Dragon Ball guy.
:lol:

[quote name='KrizB']Since there's time to kill....

The Dragon Age 2 Ser Isaac card/code still comes with all new copies of Dead Space 2 right?

For some I keep thinking it's a "limited run" thing like the early unlocks with MoH and BC2.[/QUOTE]

This is true. Sold mine on ebay for $15 :bouncy:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Are flash deals stackable with coupon codes? Because I have 2 25% off codes for my next purchases on the EA store site.[/QUOTE]

It stacks with codes but I don't think similar codes stack with one another, i.e. 25% with 25% and $20 off with $20 off.

I just put DS2 for 360 in my cart at the EA Store and I'm seeing a price of $53.18 plus tax and shipping.

Hope that price stacks with this code.

THREE THOUSAND SOULS PRECARIOUSLY HANGING ON THE PRECIPICE, AWAITING THEIR CHANCE TO BE AMONG THE SELECTED FEW TO PURCHASE DEAD SPACE TWO. WHO WILL SUCCEED?! WHO WILL FAIL?! THE STRENGTH OF THEIR BURNING SOULS WILL SEPARATE THE WINNERS FROM THE LOSERS, BUT ONLY TIME WILL REVEAL THE ANSWERS.[/QUOTE]

I prefer MMA owning the hell out there broken servers. I just gave up i tried it on my laptop and desktop and my cell and can not login. I had this issue months ago here and finally got it to work but 20 mins trying to login is the longest i will try to do. They lost me as a customer even if they fixed there stuff. I just bought this game on amazon for $80 for CE i do not have time for EA buggy stuff.

Time is money and EA wasted enough of it. Enjoy the deal whoever gets it they can have my copy. Thanks for nobody trying to help me solve this to it was nice of you all.

[quote name='bizman316']Did someone say earlier that the ps3 dead space 2 still comes with extraction?[/QUOTE]

It's hard to tell- apparently all released versions so far come with it, but it's a little worrying that they don't mention it as a feature in the item description.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Man so many good reasons to have a FAQ around. Check the general thread for info guys.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8207421#post8207421

I might just add a link to it in my sig since people rather have these one off threads and then ask the same questions over and over again. CaptainJoel I suggest you try to enter one of your codes and see if it stacks. I know the $20 off codes work. I used one to get NBA JAM for free when it was $19.98 the other week.[/QUOTE]

So do you have to order it from the facebook/myspace page? Can I order it directly from the ea store after the deal goes live?

[quote name='KrizB']I read that in my head as the Soul Calibur announcer, then the Dragon Ball guy.
:lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol the burning souls..is well Soul Calibur :)

[quote name='benjamouth']I just put DS2 for 360 in my cart at the EA Store and I'm seeing a price of $53.18 plus tax and shipping.

Hope that price stacks with this code.[/QUOTE]

That's classified as a promo price. They always bump it back up to MSRP for these deals. Doesn't take too much away from the deal since you don't have to pay that god awful $7 shipping

[quote name='drktrpr1']This is true. Sold mine on ebay for $15 :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

What does the code look like? Is it the Dead Space 2 unlock code paper? I didn't look closely if it said anything about DA2 on there or not - but looked like just some EA account thing.

I think the announcer for Borderlands was Moxxie.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']They lost me as a customer even if they fixed there stuff. I just bought this game on amazon for $80 for CE i do not have time for EA buggy stuff.[/QUOTE]
THREE THOUSAND MINUS ONE.

Coming to a theatre near you in exactly twenty-six minutes.

Sorry, sucks for you, but I couldn't help the additional jibe. But yeah, I've had an absolutely terrible time trying to change my email address there.

[quote name='bizman316']So do you have to order it from the facebook/myspace page? Can I order it directly from the ea store after the deal goes live?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I'll have to include it in the FAQ later tonight when I get off work.

You can only order it from EA's store when the deal goes live. They will post a link on their facebook page taking you to their store where you can order the game and input the code at checkout. There is no myspace page that I'm aware of.

Well here is the million dollar question for me. This is going to make my decision if I buy this now. Does anyone know if this comes with extraction and the armor for dragon age 2. If it doesn't then I am going to wait to buy this.

[quote name='drktrpr1']This is true. Sold mine on ebay for $15 :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks and congrats.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']I just walked in on this is there a general idea of when the deal will go Live?[/QUOTE]

Go walk back out

[quote name='bizman316']Well here is the million dollar question for me. This is going to make my decision if I buy this now. Does anyone know if this comes with extraction and the armor for dragon age 2. If it doesn't then I am going to wait to buy this.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it comes with both. Ser Isacc is in every copy and there are no copies currently on PS3 that don't include Extraction.

360 version comes with the code on a piece of paper

PS3 comes with extraction and no code
-it works something like the armor will unlock when you pop in your DA2 after having played DS2 (it's connected via your EA account)

I have the regular and collectors edition in my cart, I'm refreshing this page and the FB comment section. I'm not missing another flash deal.

[quote name='Meeryn']I think the announcer for Borderlands was Moxxie.

THREE THOUSAND MINUS ONE.

Coming to a theatre near you in exactly twenty-six minutes.

Sorry, sucks for you, but I couldn't help the additional jibe. But yeah, I've had an absolutely terrible time trying to change my email address there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i hate EA with a passion with there server issues on the web and there games. I still love punishment so i keep buying there stuff. I guess that is why they keep having those issues cause people keep trying even if they really get pissed at them...

I found a work around how to bypass the login connection to server reset error.

I was shocked nobody offered opinions how to fix this when i was kinda asking. I helped others in the past i guess karma was not on my side when i needed it this time around.

I canceled the amazon order and i am now logged in by a ghetto method and waiting for the dang code. I only want the issac code right now cause i got DA2 coming and that is in my queue to play next. If the % off is a joke i will just ebay the issac code off eblah and buy DS2 down the road when $20 or so.

[quote name='c3r1h5']I have the regular and collectors edition in my cart, I'm refreshing this page and the FB comment section. I'm not missing another flash deal.[/QUOTE]

Would suck if the deal only applied to one and you missed out on the deal in the time you took to remove from cart ;)

lol jk hopefully not, im looking to pick up both too

[quote name='iwannadie']Man I go out run some errands and come back and haven't missed out yet, amazing. Come on EA...[/QUOTE]

They did say in the initial post when it would be unlocked...it's great cause I got to sleep in :D

I swear to God, the CAG forum needs to let us rate or like posts.
Thanks for the Friday chuckle.

I hate their site, you can't easily get to your cart from the main page. I have to add something then delete that from my cart. Can't login to the shopping system without proceeding to the checkout process then backing out.

[quote name='iwannadie']Man I go out run some errands and come back and haven't missed out yet, amazing. Come on EA...[/QUOTE]

This post doesn't make sense to me. Would you rather have missed it while you went out to run some errands? I mean you seem to be demanding EA post the code ASAP yet I guarantee you'd be bitching if they did post it earlier and you missed it. Like I said, zero sense.

[quote name='gotdott']They did say in the initial post when it would be unlocked...it's great cause I got to sleep in :D[/QUOTE]

Yea but I'm in mountain standard time and the whole we don't observe day light savings always throws the time out of whack for this sorta thing.

[quote name='iwannadie']Yea but I'm in mountain standard time and the whole we don't observe day light savings always throws the time out of whack for this sorta thing.[/QUOTE]

You live in Arizona too? I feel the same way. Sometimes we are in line with PST and sometimes not. I never notice when the changeover happens since it doesn't apply to us.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']You live in Arizona too? I feel the same way. Sometimes we are in line with PST and sometimes not. I never notice when the changeover happens since it doesn't apply to us.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm in gilbert. It's nice not having to change your clock but then sucks for this kinda thing when you need to compare to another state ha.

[quote name='iwannadie']Yea, I'm in gilbert. It's nice not having to change your clock but then sucks for this kinda thing when you need to compare to another state ha.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I live in Peoria. Good to know there's at least a couple other CAGs in Phoenix. I met one in TRU when they sold the GH:WoR Super Bundle for $10 with the purchase of a game at regular price.

Deal live: d3adsp8ce21

40% and works on the CE edition

*EDIT* Got my PS3 CE for $47 shipped. Let's see what the other deals are.

Deal is unlocked! Get 40% off the regular price of Dead Space 2 + free shipping (US only). Enter promo code “d3adsp8ce21” at http://$$$$$$$/i6YsGf . Act quickly, supplies are limited.

Deal is unlocked! Get 40% off the regular price of Dead Space 2 + free shipping (US only). Enter promo code “d3adsp8ce21” at http://$$$$$$$/i6YsGf . Act quickly, supplies are limited.

bread's done
Back