EA Flash Deal: Dead Space 2

S1yth

CAG Veteran
According to the EA Flash Deal facebook posting it appears Dead Space 2 will be a flash deal today. They are asking us if we are ready for it to go on sale.

UPDATE: Deal is not today but tomorrow. My apologies.

Tomorrow we are dropping 3 deals throughout the day for Dead Space 2. To unlock the first deal we need to get 3,000 likes of the “Your Mom’s Really Bad at Dead Space 2 Multiplayer” video before Friday at 11:30 AM PST. If we reach 3,000 likes the first deal will unlock at that time on Friday. (Thanks AVJTony831)

Last edited by a moderator:
Three times today and I just can't get myself to bite on this 'deal'. By the time I'll get to playing this game it will be sub-$40, anyway. Will power....ACTIVATE! :bomb:

[quote name='FQRizzo']Three times today and I just can't get myself to bite on this 'deal'. By the time I'll get to playing this game it will be sub-$40, anyway. Will power....ACTIVATE! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Smart to wait. The only reason I bit was because I had one of those $20 codes waiting to be used which turned it from a mediocre deal (~$38) to a pretty great deal ($17).

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Smart to wait. The only reason I bit was because I had one of those $20 codes waiting to be used which turned it from a mediocre deal (~$38) to a pretty great deal ($17).[/QUOTE]

How did you get one of those $20 codes? :bouncy:

[quote name='FQRizzo']Three times today and I just can't get myself to bite on this 'deal'. By the time I'll get to playing this game it will be sub-$40, anyway. Will power....ACTIVATE! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

ditto

[quote name='fishphoenix']Gotta love PC, we paid $24 without any $20 coupons :D[/QUOTE]

I was looking at the PC price and wishing I had another $20 code to get the price down to $4. Oh well, I was lucky to get the $20 code in the first place.

I bought the CE for $20 after gcs. Should I sell it and get it later when its cheaper? I bought it om release day because I was afraid that it would be limited. But from what I'm hearing it doesn't seem like so..

[quote name='giantqtipz']I bought the CE for $20 after gcs. Should I sell it and get it later when its cheaper? I bought it om release day because I was afraid that it would be limited. But from what I'm hearing it doesn't seem like so..[/QUOTE]

$20 is about as cheap as most CEs get. Even if it isn't at all rare I doubt it'll get lower than $20.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']$35.97

Pass.

I tried talking to customer service to confirm whether or not Extraction was included in the PS3 version...

"I am really sorry but as we do not have any updated information about the dead space extraction."

I suggest we all harass EA on Facebook and Twitter until we get an answer.[/QUOTE]

I have the ps3 collectors edition and it had extraction on the disk . You had to install it however and have the disk in the drive to play.. IT was not a token.

[quote name='rainking187']$20 is about as cheap as most CEs get. Even if it isn't at all rare I doubt it'll get lower than $20.[/QUOTE]

It was 20 because of gift cards lol. But what do you think? Sell it and rebuy at cheap later?

[quote name='jazzman']Which version is better or recommended? I have the first for Xbox.[/QUOTE]

PS3 comes with dead space extraction....360 doesn't.

Jazzman I would probably just stick with xbox. If I'm not mistaken you get bonuses in 2 if you completed the first.

Snagged the regular PS3 version during the first wave of codes this morning. Had a $20 coupon as well so $17 is well worth it assuming I still get Extraction with it.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']PS3 comes with dead space extraction....360 doesn't.[/QUOTE]

360 version is also on 2 discs. PS3 is on a single :br: disc.

I would wager that Extraction won't be a PS3 exclusive for too long if that's your selling point. There's got to be a terrible Kinect port coming down the line. Althought the Kinect version will probably require Kinect whereas (if I'm not mistaken) the PS3 version can be played with a dualshock 3 alternatively to Move.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I would wager that Extraction won't be a PS3 exclusive for too long if that's your selling point. There's got to be a terrible Kinect port coming down the line. Althought the Kinect version will probably require Kinect whereas (if I'm not mistaken) the PS3 version can be played with a dualshock 3 alternatively to Move.[/QUOTE]
Extraction was never a PS3 exclusive, though. >:'(

[quote name='sadboy']Extraction was never a PS3 exclusive, though. >:'([/QUOTE]

True true, I had forgotten it originated on the Wii. This version is "exclusive" for what it's worth.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']True true, I had forgotten it originated on the Wii. This version is "exclusive" for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]
(grunts and nods in approval)

They just put up a new code about a minute ago. I wish I hadn't pre-ordered this game from Amazon now...

[quote name='Interfeci']PC, not a 360.[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't watch the video.

I can't wait til the kinect is actually useful for activities like stomping necromorphs. Then it would be actually worth that extra $100.

[quote name='confoosious']I think you get the Hacker suit if you finished Ignition and you get a "Refurbished Plasma Cutter" if you finished DS1.[/QUOTE]

You just have to have a save file from ignition to get the hacker suit.

[quote name='bywaytm']You just have to have a save file from ignition to get the hacker suit.[/QUOTE]

I remember the game telling me I unlocked the suit after I completed Ignition...

o_o

[quote name='Luxuria']I remember the game telling me I unlocked the suit after I completed Ignition...

o_o[/QUOTE]
I couldn't stand Ignition and barely played it at all. I still unlocked the hacker suit and all the conduit rooms in DS2. All you need is that save file.

[quote name='gotdott']You obviously didn't watch the video.

I can't wait til the kinect is actually useful for activities like stomping necromorphs. Then it would be actually worth that extra $100.[/QUOTE]

Hardware
Windows PC
Bluetooth Dongle(Bluesoleil Stack)
Kinect
Wiimote

From the video description. I don't know why you'd think it's playing on a 360, especially when a Wiimote is being used. Are you sure YOU saw the video?

[quote name='Interfeci']Hardware
Windows PC
Bluetooth Dongle(Bluesoleil Stack)
Kinect
Wiimote

From the video description. I don't know why you'd think it's playing on a 360, especially when a Wiimote is being used. Are you sure YOU saw the video?[/QUOTE]

All he's saying is that it's been proven that it's possible. He's not saying it's out of the box available. Relax.

[quote name='rainking187']I'm really regretting jumping on this now, anyone ever dealt with a return through the EA Store before?[/QUOTE]

It probably hasn't shipped yet. Try calling customer support and canceling it.

[quote name='Luxuria']I remember the game telling me I unlocked the suit after I completed Ignition...

o_o[/QUOTE]
How long did it take you to beat Ignition?

I got the CE the day it came out, the downloadable suit and force gun are pretty cool, but the plasma cutter is lame. It's tiny, plastic, and it feels cheap, I was let down :(, but still the game is amazing :)

[quote name='Vegatron']I got the CE the day it came out, the downloadable suit and force gun are pretty cool, but the plasma cutter is lame. It's tiny, plastic, and it feels cheap, I was let down :(, but still the game is amazing :)[/QUOTE]

It depends on your expectations. If you were expecting metal, full size plasma cutter, it'd certainly be lame. But if you expect a toy worth about $10, then that's what you actually got.

I keep it on my desk for fun.

[quote name='sadboy']How long did it take you to beat Ignition?[/QUOTE]

About an hour I think. The game lasted me about 4 or so I remember to try to get all the achievements.

[quote name='gotdott']It probably hasn't shipped yet. Try calling customer support and canceling it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, I actually hadn't considered contacting customer support. I know that sound really sarcastic, but they were so incredibly unhelpful last time I had a problem I didn't even think of contacting them for this, but the guy was actually able to cancel my order. Awesome.

The game is awesome and well worth the money. The problem with survival horror games is that it varies from player to player. Some say the series is scary and some don't. I personally find the series more intense and creepy than scary. Visceral did a great job making Dead Space 2 and shutting up all the doubters that believed Dead Space 2 will end up like Resident Evil 5 with nothing but action.

For those mentioning Ignition, I like it but, I am stuck on a level where you have to split beams for the first time. Really pisses me off, glad it was only 400 points but, free would have been better for what it is.

Hey all, I'm very new to the EA flash deals. I wasnt aware that they worked for the collectors editions too. Is there anyway to get a refund or to see if EA will honor the discount on a copy of the collectors edition now? I feel lucky enough to have been able to use the discount already but at the same time I feel a little cheated that EA didn't mention collectors editions in their posts.

bread's done
Back