EA Flash Deal: Dead Space 2

S1yth

CAG Veteran
According to the EA Flash Deal facebook posting it appears Dead Space 2 will be a flash deal today. They are asking us if we are ready for it to go on sale.

UPDATE: Deal is not today but tomorrow. My apologies.

Tomorrow we are dropping 3 deals throughout the day for Dead Space 2. To unlock the first deal we need to get 3,000 likes of the “Your Mom’s Really Bad at Dead Space 2 Multiplayer” video before Friday at 11:30 AM PST. If we reach 3,000 likes the first deal will unlock at that time on Friday. (Thanks AVJTony831)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xdeath452x']Hey all, I'm very new to the EA flash deals. I wasnt aware that they worked for the collectors editions too. Is there anyway to get a refund or to see if EA will honor the discount on a copy of the collectors edition now? I feel lucky enough to have been able to use the discount already but at the same time I feel a little cheated that EA didn't mention collectors editions in their posts.[/QUOTE]
You could try calling but from past experiences I doubt they'll be able to honor it. They'll just cancel your order if you don't want it, otherwise let you keep it. You could always wait and hope for it to go on sale with Amazon or somethin'.

[quote name='Xdeath452x']Hey all, I'm very new to the EA flash deals. I wasnt aware that they worked for the collectors editions too. Is there anyway to get a refund or to see if EA will honor the discount on a copy of the collectors edition now? I feel lucky enough to have been able to use the discount already but at the same time I feel a little cheated that EA didn't mention collectors editions in their posts.[/QUOTE]

Why would you feel cheated? Just because it didn't cross your mind to try it doesn't mean EA did anything wrong.

As for your situation, this is what I think they will say: they wont be able to change your order, so you would have cancel and place a new order for the CE, but since the deal has expired they can't help you get the 40% off but they will offer you a $20 off code. If this is the case, then it wouldn't really be worth it since you don't get free shipping so the actual savings would decrease drastically.

You might, however, and this is pushing it, be able to ask for two $20 off codes to cover the cost of what you would have saved. These codes are not stackable so you would only be able to use one and end up paying $70 anyway, but you have another code for a future purchase. Whether or not the CSR will offer you this is a stretch and probably wont happen.

[quote name='gotdott']
You might, however, and this is pushing it, be able to ask for two $20 off codes to cover the cost of what you would have saved. These codes are not stackable so you would only be able to use one and end up paying $70 anyway, but you have another code for a future purchase. Whether or not the CSR will offer you this is a stretch and probably wont happen.[/QUOTE]

why would you give this kind of advice to someone who has such an entitled attitude problem?

I don't feel entitled. I simply didn't take advantage of a deal in a manner as many others have. It's honestly my fault. I feel pretty lucky getting the regular edition as it is especially since I didn't get the previous mass effect 2 deal.

I just hope in the future EA flash deals will announce that collectors/limited/special editions will be included in the promotion.

I'll give them a call tomorrow, hopefully customer service will be available Sunday.

[quote name='Trance Addix']My order has shipped.[/QUOTE]

Same here...at least for the 2 copies of the SE I ordered (one of which shows up in my order history and the second which doesn't, even though I received email confirmation for both).

Still waiting on the CE, which is listed as out of stock even though I was able to order it during the first flash deal of the day.

WOW EA is such a joke.... I know i know but let me explain. I ordered the reg 360 version i spent a hour talking to 3 people to get that order canceled. When i was told by 2 people it was for sure being canceled i ordered the CE for the 360. Well today i got a email they billed and shipped me for the reg one that was supposed to be canceled. To me they took money from me and super pissed. It did not help i had a really bad day but come on EA. How can i be lied to so much from there CS? Now i got to pay out of pocket to return this item when they are at fault. No i can not refuse the package cause they never ask me to sign for anything and i sure am not staying outside my door from 8am to 11pm for them to come here to decline it. They just leave the stuff for me at my door 99% of the time.

Anyways i had to vent and see if others had this issue. The CE never shipped to and man this deal was messed up before it even live for me. I had to jump so many hoops to get there site to even log me in which took about 30 mins. I tried contacting live support they told me to return it for a full refund. They will not pay for return shipping and i would get refunded in 1-2 weeks when they get it in. I am so close to calling my bank and file a claim on the canceled item and just call ups to pick it up for return IF i can do that?

I hope the so many others that mentioned they canceled there orders did not get what happened to me. My friend got charged and shipped for his canceled one to so it is not just me.

Deals are amazing the EA name is tarnished for life for me. I will have to force myself never to try these deals again 2 times i ordered here and they messed up my order bigtime both times. F-----

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']WOW EA is such a joke.... I know i know but let me explain. I ordered the reg 360 version i spent a hour talking to 3 people to get that order canceled. When i was told by 2 people it was for sure being canceled i ordered the CE for the 360. Well today i got a email they billed and shipped me for the reg one that was supposed to be canceled. To me they took money from me and super pissed. It did not help i had a really bad day but come on EA. How can i be lied to so much from there CS? Now i got to pay out of pocket to return this item when they are at fault. No i can not refuse the package cause they never ask me to sign for anything and i sure am not staying outside my door from 8am to 11pm for them to come here to decline it. They just leave the stuff for me at my door 99% of the time.

Anyways i had to vent and see if others had this issue. The CE never shipped to and man this deal was messed up before it even live for me. I had to jump so many hoops to get there site to even log me in which took about 30 mins. I tried contacting live support they told me to return it for a full refund. They will not pay for return shipping and i would get refunded in 1-2 weeks when they get it in. I am so close to calling my bank and file a claim on the canceled item and just call ups to pick it up for return IF i can do that?

I hope the so many others that mentioned they canceled there orders did not get what happened to me. My friend got charged and shipped for his canceled one to so it is not just me.

Deals are amazing the EA name is tarnished for life for me. I will have to force myself never to try these deals again 2 times i ordered here and they messed up my order bigtime both times. F-----[/QUOTE]

Im sure you can call UPS and refuse the package, or if you have a UPS onine account you can refuse the package that way.

I got my shipment confirmation today as well. Mine shows an order for Dead Space not Dead Space 2. If they weren't so screwy with their ordering system I would be more worried. The SKU # remains the same so I can only assume that it's correct. Should I contact them to verify or just wait till it shows up tomorrow?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I got my shipment confirmation today as well. Mine shows an order for Dead Space not Dead Space 2. If they weren't so screwy with their ordering system I would be more worried. The SKU # remains the same so I can only assume that it's correct. Should I contact them to verify or just wait till it shows up tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

mine says Dead Space also, Im sure we will be fine

[quote name='edson13']Im sure you can call UPS and refuse the package, or if you have a UPS onine account you can refuse the package that way.[/QUOTE]

How do I refuse the package online? I just created an account with UPS. But it does not show me the option of refusing/returning the package.

I am pretty much in the same situation as the other person. I had ordered the regular 360 version of Dead Space 2. Then I tried cancelling using the Customer Support, but they told me it cannot be done and instead I can deny the package. Then I ordered the Dead Space 2 CE, but that is still under process. The other package has been shipped and it never showed up on my account.

Bummer, mine hasn't shipped yet and I'm sure I was damn quick on the trigger for the PS3 CE the first time around.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']WOW EA is such a joke....[/QUOTE]

No luck here either.

The live CS rep told me I can't cancel as it was processing, just to refuse the package or return it on my own dime.

Sent in an email after that and was told that I can cancel through my EA account but I needed to wait for it to finish processing.

From Saturday to this morning no matter how many times I tried or what browser I used, I could not login (errors & invalid username). Finally do get through and all my orders are blank, along with my purchase history.

Package shipped this morning, will be here tomorrow.

Not mad but annoyed, learned my lesson.
Hopefully my inbox still has the emails from previous orders, as everything in the account vanished along with all my CD keys.
#-o

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']WOW EA is such a joke.... I know i know but let me explain. I ordered the reg 360 version i spent a hour talking to 3 people to get that order canceled. When i was told by 2 people it was for sure being canceled i ordered the CE for the 360. Well today i got a email they billed and shipped me for the reg one that was supposed to be canceled. To me they took money from me and super pissed. It did not help i had a really bad day but come on EA. How can i be lied to so much from there CS? Now i got to pay out of pocket to return this item when they are at fault. No i can not refuse the package cause they never ask me to sign for anything and i sure am not staying outside my door from 8am to 11pm for them to come here to decline it. They just leave the stuff for me at my door 99% of the time.

Deals are amazing the EA name is tarnished for life for me. I will have to force myself never to try these deals again 2 times i ordered here and they messed up my order bigtime both times. F-----[/QUOTE]

This has me worried about my order, the guy said he cancelled it, but I wouldn't really be shocked if it did ship.

Sorry to hear about the people whose orders didn't get canceled, I've only canceled one order from them and it went without a hitch so idk what went down this time.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I got my shipment confirmation today as well. Mine shows an order for Dead Space not Dead Space 2. If they weren't so screwy with their ordering system I would be more worried. The SKU # remains the same so I can only assume that it's correct. Should I contact them to verify or just wait till it shows up tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Mine shipped today too so I should have it in 2 days or so.

Mine says:
15889 Dead Space 2 1 1 1 $16.93

[quote name='gotdott']Interesting. Mine shipped today too so I should have it in 2 days or so.

Mine says:
15889 Dead Space 2 1 1 1 $16.93[/QUOTE]

Mine is 15888 Dead Space 1 1 1 $17.02

So assuming you got the Xbox version (I bought PS3) I think it'll be okay. Otherwise there may be a problem.

I just wanted to confirm for anyone who was wondering about the PS3 regular edition. I got mine today and it's the version with Dead Space Extraction.

[quote name='akhkharu99']I just wanted to confirm for anyone who was wondering about the PS3 regular edition. I got mine today and it's the version with Dead Space Extraction.[/QUOTE]

That's great news!

Is there anything on the box itself that confirms this before you actually open it, or did you have to start playing the disk before you could see Dead Space Extraction?

[quote name='akhkharu99']The cover of the game says Exclusive Content at the top. It also has the words Limited Edition above the title. Finally, at the bottom of the front it says Includes Dead Space Extraction.[/QUOTE]

OK, that seems reasonably clear :lol:

And thanks for the pic. That's the first time I saw there was a clear difference between the "Collectors Edition" CE release, the "Limited Edition" SE release and the "Non-Limited Edition" SE release (which I'm guessing looks like box art on Amazon).

Just got my copy of DS2 from UPS. Limited Edition for PS3 so I'm happy. ^_^ Heh, that's the fastest I've ever received a delivery. @_@ Good luck all!

On a side note, to get the DA2 armor I just need to register the game with the online pass?

[quote name='Tonious']On a side note, to get the DA2 armor I just need to register the game with the online pass?[/QUOTE]
On 360, it's a separate code from the online pass. On PS3, you just play the game while signed into your EA social account and that unlocks the armor. In either case, you do not need to redeem the online pass to get the armor.

I got a email stating i ordered it now they took the charge off my bank card. Do you think I am going to get shafted i have not received a shipping email or anything after the initial confirmation email.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']On 360, it's a separate code from the online pass. On PS3, you just play the game while signed into your EA social account and that unlocks the armor. In either case, you do not need to redeem the online pass to get the armor.[/QUOTE]
Sweetness, got the armor. Thanks!

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']No i can not refuse the package cause they never ask me to sign for anything and i sure am not staying outside my door from 8am to 11pm for them to come here to decline it. They just leave the stuff for me at my door 99% of the time. [/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, I had a similar situation with Amazon and they told me to take the package in directly to UPS without opening it. I did just that and UPS took it back and RTS without a problem.

Of course, there is a HUGE difference between Amazon CS and EA. If they get the package returned, you may have to go through it all over again to get a refund.

Option "C" would be to do what you want with the package and refuse the charge through your credit card - since you did honestly attempt to resolve the issue.

I looked online and didn't see my order. I only got the initial email.

So after a crapload of searching I found their customer service number. They told me it was backordered and that's why it's not showing up. Said there were 2 backordered ahead of me but couldn't give
Me a date

PS3 CE - I was able to place an order but it shows up as backordered. Got an email order confirmation but understandably no shipping info yet. I'm hoping my backorder is one of those 2 ahead of yours ;-)

PS3 SE - Placed two orders (one was a mistake) got email order confirmations for both (eventually, not right away), but only one of the orders shows up in my order information page. Got shipping confirmations for both.

Update: And yes, the shipping confirmation email included a UPS tracking number (mine is out for delivery).

I'm in the same boat as the three above me. Got a PS3 CE edition with just the confirmation email. I put ina question through the online support to see what was up but I guess I'm in the backordered line. Don't mind too much as long as it actually comes, don't want any cancellation shenanigans!

Yeah, I got worried about the CE when I saw it was showing up as out of stock after I ordered so I ended up ordering the SE also (actually twice, since the lack of an immediate order confirmation page like I got with the CE freaked me out so I tried it again). Still hoping the CE ships, but at least if it doesn't I have a backup plan.

[quote name='fortunado']Did they send you guys a tracking #? All I got was an order confirmation, no "your order has shipped" email of sorts.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they send a shipping e-mail with tracking.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Just to let you know, I had a similar situation with Amazon and they told me to take the package in directly to UPS without opening it. I did just that and UPS took it back and RTS without a problem.

Of course, there is a HUGE difference between Amazon CS and EA. If they get the package returned, you may have to go through it all over again to get a refund.

Option "C" would be to do what you want with the package and refuse the charge through your credit card - since you did honestly attempt to resolve the issue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah amazon rocks for returns they get ups to come pick it up if you tell them to. My friend opened the box today he thought it was his game i bought for him. It is still sealed the game but the shipping box was opened.

I sent a email yesterday morning telling them to reroute it back to them since i was told it would be 100% canceled and i got the chat logs to prove it. They never responded yet. I have the CE on my history but stuck in order in process. I paid 9 more for the reg edition over the ce i want the ce only.

So i just call my bank and tell them this was canceled and it was shipped anyways? I never had to contact my bank about a problem like this. I want my CE to ship before i do a claim with the bank. If you know what i should say to the bank let me know it can be in private msg to.

Thanks for the input and hope the temptation buying from them takes ahold of me again. :)

[quote name='rainking187']This has me worried about my order, the guy said he cancelled it, but I wouldn't really be shocked if it did ship.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KrizB']No luck here either.

The live CS rep told me I can't cancel as it was processing, just to refuse the package or return it on my own dime.

Sent in an email after that and was told that I can cancel through my EA account but I needed to wait for it to finish processing.

From Saturday to this morning no matter how many times I tried or what browser I used, I could not login (errors & invalid username). Finally do get through and all my orders are blank, along with my purchase history.

Package shipped this morning, will be here tomorrow.

Not mad but annoyed, learned my lesson.
Hopefully my inbox still has the emails from previous orders, as everything in the account vanished along with all my CD keys.
#-o[/QUOTE]
My problem is this happened a long time ago and i order so much stuff online and has been so long i forgot they did this lie and ship it anyways. I ordered a past deal and was told it was going to be canceled and do not have to worry and it shipped out and was no history of the order on my account. I ended up keeping the game and returning the better deal i found locally on it. 2 out of 2 times ordering i had problems i will remember this for next time.

I was told they sent the cancelation to the supervisor and was 100% it was being canceled. I make sure i ask these things cause well places lie and i like some proof they lied to me. I tried talking to them on live chat and the person told me to hold and never came back i waited around 20 mins. I can not deal with ea CS ever again the tech cs is so bad but man is the store cs just as bad if not worse. I felt like i was talking to con artists whenever i talk to them.

Since we were talking about it earlier, I just got shipping confirmation on my PS3 CE. Hopefully the queue is now moving for everyone who was waiting for that edition.

[quote name='Brenex']Since we were talking about it earlier, I just got shipping confirmation on my PS3 CE. Hopefully the queue is now moving for everyone who was waiting for that edition.[/QUOTE]

Ditto for my PS3 CE...should arrive Thursday.

I agree, the EA Store seems to be crap, but, it is hard to pass up some of the Flash Deals they have. Like I have said before, when I got the Battlefield Bad Company 2: Ultimate Edition for like $12, if it wasn't for the price I would never have dealt with the store. It took over a month to get the game cause it was backordered over the deal. Although since I didn't play it, and it is still in the case, I really didn't care that much.

No return invoice/RMA and empty airbags in the box.
On the bright side they dropped the CA tax on a game shipped out of KY.
:lol:

Yeah I tried to cancel my Dragon Age 2 order today and it shipped like an hour ago after I contacted CS earlier in the day.

[quote name='fortunado']Ah there it is ... Just got my "your order has shipped" e-mail.[/QUOTE]

For some reason it seems like they always send that after your order has already shipped, I always get my order the day after I get that email

I was told last time I contacted them that I would be contacted by someone higher up in support in 24-48 hours, instead today I received a refund and the game should be delivered to my house soon. Great. I was kind of hoping I could discuss it with an actual person first. I was thinking I might just go ahead and keep the game anyways and was planning on telling them that when they contacted me, now I've got to contact customer support again and figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do now.

EDIT: Waited all day for UPS to show up, game was delivered, called the phone number listed online, and they were already closed, an hour earlier than they say they close on the website. EA needs to scrap their whole store site and start over imo.

I did warn people they are lying saying it is canceled but ship it later. I contacted them right after i ordered on friday 3 times 2 times talked to someone. I contacted them by email monday complaining they charged me and shipped a canceled order. I also tried live chat and they said hold on and waited around 20 mins and just said screw it. I never got a response to my email i sent on monday which they say they return emails within 24 hours. It is now thursday and nothing. I personally think they stole money from me cause the game is useless to me since i already have it. Do we all want 2 of the same game? They lied to me multi times and there site is so buggy and reps are liers and orders not showing up and so many issues why do they not kill the site and start from scratch? There site reminds me of some low budget company site where they do not have the funds or knowledge to fix these problems. Do we all agree EA is a huge company and has a few hundred to a few thousand max to get this site fixed? They will be losing so many customers over time if they do not fix it. I am just shocked and pissed how there games are these days and now them stealing money from me.

EA reminds me of the mob they just suck you dry and use muscle to get away with stuff they are doing. The mob sooner or later went down and EA will to if they do not stop this junk. Oh well we are all suckers for buying broken games like fifa 2011 and dealing with major issues like be a pro type save being corrupted nonstop. I love it....

Anyways i will be contacting my bank they will not respond to rma this game or get back to me and live chat is a joke. I want my money back i do not want this dupe game.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I did warn people they are lying saying it is canceled but ship it later. I contacted them right after i ordered on friday 3 times 2 times talked to someone. I contacted them by email monday complaining they charged me and shipped a canceled order. I also tried live chat and they said hold on and waited around 20 mins and just said screw it. I never got a response to my email i sent on monday which they say they return emails within 24 hours. It is now thursday and nothing. I personally think they stole money from me cause the game is useless to me since i already have it. Do we all want 2 of the same game? They lied to me multi times and there site is so buggy and reps are liers and orders not showing up and so many issues why do they not kill the site and start from scratch? There site reminds me of some low budget company site where they do not have the funds or knowledge to fix these problems. Do we all agree EA is a huge company and has a few hundred to a few thousand max to get this site fixed? They will be losing so many customers over time if they do not fix it. I am just shocked and pissed how there games are these days and now them stealing money from me.

EA reminds me of the mob they just suck you dry and use muscle to get away with stuff they are doing. The mob sooner or later went down and EA will to if they do not stop this junk. Oh well we are all suckers for buying broken games like fifa 2011 and dealing with major issues like be a pro type save being corrupted nonstop. I love it....

Anyways i will be contacting my bank they will not respond to rma this game or get back to me and live chat is a joke. I want my money back i do not want this dupe game.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I've only ever had to cancel an order once and when I called in and my rep, Garret(?) I think his name was, did it without a hitch. On the other hand the few times I tried using live chat, those CSRs were pretty useless.

bread's done
Back