EA Games and Framerate

ddhex27

CAGiversary!
Ive only had a chance to play the downloadable demos for nba live 06 and need for speed most wanted... but the framerates on those games are brutal. To the point where it actually interferes with the gameplay for me. I just cant handle playing games that chug and stutter so much. Its a shame especially in need for speed because the demo seems pretty fun.

Im wondering if the framerate stuttering was ironed out a bit more in the final versions of the games.... if anyone has the retail versions, have you noticed the choppiness?

i must be just picky, because the need for speed demo looks like its running around 25 frames per second or something. nhl 2k6 and cod 2 are silky smooth in comparison (probably around 60).

i do want a racing game and like the need for speed demo, but i might try out ridge racer instead, because that series is usuallt a bit more visually fluid.

same here, I tried NFSMW and it works fine. It's actually more impressive than I thought it would be. I might get it for PC so I can use the wheel tho

[quote name='ddhex27']i must be just picky, because the need for speed demo looks like its running around 25 frames per second or something. nhl 2k6 and cod 2 are silky smooth in comparison (probably around 60).

i do want a racing game and like the need for speed demo, but i might try out ridge racer instead, because that series is usuallt a bit more visually fluid.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. Both games seemed to run in the 20s. Definitely not 30 FPS.

Jeremy

bread's done
Back