EA/Harmonix music title revealed: Rockband!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Expensive, and you need four people? fuck that.[/quote]
That's just for multiplayer, I don't think they're not going to let you play single-player with your choice of the instruments.

I'm thinking that there's going to need to be a variety of SKUs for this game, like one ultimate bundle with all of the instruments and game, one bundle for each instrument with the game, and then have the instruments available separately.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Or maybe because it's only been in Japan.[/quote]
I know, but nobody here will really care if some obscure Japanese game was similar to Rock Band.

I know, but nobody here will really care if some obscure Japanese game was similar to Rock Band.

IMHO, not if Konami does something about that. Maybe if they advertised "FROM THE MAKERS OF DDR" or "THE BIGGEST THING FROM JAPAN"...something around those lines, you get me? People will get an idea. It's like, "Oh, well, if it's from them, I kind of have an idea of how the game's songs will be handled and how the game will be structured."

On the plus side (for 360 owners) the Guitar Hero II guitar WILL work with Rock Band:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/777/777961p1.html

"April 3, 2007 - Yesterday, Harmonix owner MTV and publisher EA held a conference call with the press to announce Rock Band. During the Q&A session, we misunderstood Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos and thought he stated that the guitar from Guitar Hero II on Xbox 360 would not work with Rock Band.

However, today on the official Rock Band forums, developer Jason Booth pointed out our mistake. Apparently the guitar will work with Rock Band. PlayStation 3 owners will, however, need to purchase a new guitar unless Harmonix releases an adapter."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168528.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;5

"Please note, while retailer listings frequently jump the gun on publishers' product announcements, they should not be taken as final confirmation of a game's existence; nor should the absence of a listing be considered as proof that a game isn't coming to a given platform."

Just because they have a price up doesn't mean it is correct. In fact wasn't Halo 3 legendary edition listed as $99 until it was announced to be $129?

[quote name='GamerChris']http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168528.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;5

"Please note, while retailer listings frequently jump the gun on publishers' product announcements, they should not be taken as final confirmation of a game's existence; nor should the absence of a listing be considered as proof that a game isn't coming to a given platform."

Just because they have a price up doesn't mean it is correct. In fact wasn't Halo 3 legendary edition listed as $99 until it was announced to be $129?[/quote]
Guitar Hero II on the PS2 was listed at $90 initially before the MSRP was revealed at $80.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I know. All the lonely gamers, like myself, who have no friends, are gonna be left out again.[/QUOTE] I can barely get four people together for any purpose, let alone gaming. :lol:

My N64 has been collecting dust at a friend's house for months. :cry:

And no one thought there would be anyone who could compete with the Halo 3 Legendary package:p As for the periphreals IMHO if you own GH 2(360) then all you should really need to buy are the drums and maybe an extra guitar. Who needs a mic when I have a wireless headset or a wired one at that. GH did well because it was somewhat reasonable. Sure fanboys of music sims are going to pounce on this, but why not design something for everyone to be able to own. Thank god I own a wii. Who need real instruments when you got air ones. Another Wiin for Nintendo.

I was at gamestop today and saw a printout of some stuff.

The Guitar was $79.99 (I could be wrong on this price)
The Drum Kit was $79.99
The Microphone was $39.99

Granted these were all seperate and is probably cheaper in a bundle, but based on those prices, I think I will be passing.

The guitar price seems high, but maybe that is the one that comes with the actual software.

The guy didn't know anything about it so Im just going off the printout I saw. Im not exactly sure what comes with it for those prices.

I know I should have been posting here two days ago when this was announced, but I've been busy...anyway, I'd like to thank FriskyTanuki for being the only one with any common sense 'round here.

Let's recap:
-MTV has been involved in both Guitar Hero games.
- The fact that they and EA are involved in this only means that Harmonix, the ones actually developing the damn thing, will have an endless supply of artists and money to make this thing work.
-I'm positive you won't be required to buy everything together. My guess is a Drum Pack and a Guitar Pack (want this game and already have a 360 Guitar Hero? Buy the Drum Pack instead!). Doing it any other way would be suicide.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/19/rock-band-guitar-shown-in-latest-gamestop-newsletter/

The guitar looks totally kickass. I thought the Guitar Hero III guitar was a big step in making the guitar look more realistic, but the Rock Band version makes even that one look like a Fisher Price toy. The latest Game Informer states they are going for a 75% scale from the real thing but I'm not sure how that compares with the other GH guitars.

66ag9j9.jpg

52p9lyg.jpg

My bad, I must have missed it during the search. I was wondering why the last post for this game was made months ago on 4/4/07.

bread's done
Back