EA Insider Deals: 50% Off Dead Sapce 1 + 2. Free Shipping US Only

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So EA Insider Deals is running another Likes/Captions competition on FB.

"How would you caption this photo? If we get 500 likes/captions by 5 PM PT we’ll unlock 50% off Dead Space & Dead Space 2 + free shipping (US only) at that time."

http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals

I know It may not be the cheapest ever, but it's a nice opportunity for people who haven't picked them up.

Retail:
Dead Space (PS3): $20
Dead Space 2 (PS3): $30
Total: $50

UPDATE: Code is “d538sek72w" AND YOU CAN BUY DS2 Separately!

After reduction:
Total: $25 NEW

Not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']That's acually worth it if you haven't played either title But since I have beaten both this deal doesn't suit me[/QUOTE]

Yep, I've been waiting for DS2 to be lower than 20 for a while. I've only played Extraction, so I'm definitely gonna be picking this up!

$15 seems like a good price. Ps3 version comes with extraction right? or was that only included in the first printing (limited editions)?

[quote name='jdb230']$15 seems like a good price. Ps3 version comes with extraction right? or was that only included in the first printing (limited editions)?[/QUOTE]

Yes, The PS3 version does contain Extraction.
Source: Link

Yeah, the "regular" version of DS2 on PS3 is the Limited Edition, which includes Extraction. I'm surprised they are running this again on DS2...at least the 3rd time they have in the past couple of months. At any rate, 8 bucks for DS and 16 bucks for DS2 is a great deal. Highly recommended.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Yeah, the "regular" version of DS2 on PS3 is the Limited Edition, which includes Extraction. I'm surprised they are running this again on DS2...at least the 3rd time they have in the past couple of months. At any rate, 8 bucks for DS and 16 bucks for DS2 is a great deal. Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

Only the Limited Edition has the FULL extraction game on the disc. The regular version only has a demo.

The LE has a banner under the PS3 band that says "LIMITED EDITION"

[quote name='jdb230']$15 seems like a good price. Ps3 version comes with extraction right? or was that only included in the first printing (limited editions)?[/QUOTE]

I got a L.E. from EA from a previous deal but have seen some copies at stores that don't include EXTRACTION. There are stores that still carry the L.E. also. I guess its all luck but I would think EA would send out the L.E.

So where would one go to buy these? The link in the first post doesn't seem to offer any further links, and I can't find the deal in the EA store.

[quote name='nnickers']So where would one go to buy these? The link in the first post doesn't seem to offer any further links, and I can't find the deal in the EA store.[/QUOTE]
The deal doesn't seem to be live yet.

EA Insider Deals rule. I recently got dragon age ultimate for ps3 for 12.99, And others. Even if I hate the game I can flip it at best buy. I'll definitely be all over this one when it goes live.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Only the Limited Edition has the FULL extraction game on the disc. The regular version only has a demo.

The LE has a banner under the PS3 band that says "LIMITED EDITION"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the new, non-limited Edition DS2. I've never seen a regular copy PS3 Dead Space 2 that wasn't LE at any store. I ordered one last time EA had this on sale for 16 bones and got the LE.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Only the Limited Edition has the FULL extraction game on the disc. The regular version only has a demo.

The LE has a banner under the PS3 band that says "LIMITED EDITION"[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? on the Origin site, it only advertises the non Limited Edition. However, under the description it says, " The PS3 version also includes Dead Space Extraction, a prequel to the original Dead Space that was previously exclusive to the Nintendo Wii."

Check it out: Link

[quote name='rajESP']oh. Sorry I didn't read that correctly. :)[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize sir. lol.....simple mistake....just make sure you keep your credit card out and READY!!!:bouncy::bouncy:

Just picked up the used limited edition copy from the b1g1 sale at Blockbuster, and traded in the second game which made it $9.xx for me. Still have to beat the first one though.

I picked up DS2 on PS3 the last time it went on sale and it did include the Limited Version with Extraction.

Is extraction a Move only game? I prefer to buy multiplatformers on my 360 but a free game would persuade me to buy on PS3. If I can play it, that is. I don't know when I'll bite on a Move setup, if ever

[quote name='jsivley']Is extraction a Move only game? I prefer to buy multiplatformers on my 360 but a free game would persuade me to buy on PS3. If I can play it, that is. I don't know when I'll bite on a Move setup, if ever[/QUOTE]

You can play it with the dual shock 3, but it does take a good deal of the fun out of it playing that way. On a side note....the 360 version doesn't include Extraction and actually comes on two discs instead of one. I thought that was rather cheezy.

Impulse buy. Thing is I have ds1 on 360 still sealed. Bought that for cheap thinking to myself I will play this game someday. 8 months have past and still unopened. Ds2 is also own my likst and will likely buy that game eventually when it gets cheaper.

I'll buy it, and sell the sealed copy of ds1. But I fear that even when I have both copies, I probably won't be playing it because there are so So many games I need to finish before adventuring out to this game.

[quote name='honkyjesus']I would rather pay the extra money than do marketing work for EA and Facebook.[/QUOTE]

I don't participate in anything the requires me to spam my friends as a condition. I've bowed out of SO MANY contests, because they usually make you retweet an ad.

Damn, and I just bought Epic Mickey/Kirby's Epic Yarn from BBV and EA Insider sneak attacks my wallet for the first time. In regards to DS 2, this is a great price for a great game, ESPECIALLY since it's new which means it comes with a free online pass (which is $10 on its own), the free shipping is just icing on the cake. As for DS1, if you don't own it already (for whatever reason) $10 is a pretty good price for it. My question is whether or not you have to buy both for it to be 50% off, since I also own a copy of DS1. I would love to just pick up DS2 for $15 shipped ($20 new was my buy price).

P.S. I'm pretty sure all the multiplayer maps for DS2 are free if you have access to the online (a la BF: BC2).

How does this work? Sorry, I'm not familiar with EA Insider Deals. Cause that seems like a hell of a deal for both games.

[quote name='Vegan']I don't participate in anything the requires me to spam my friends as a condition. I've bowed out of SO MANY contests, because they usually make you retweet an ad.[/QUOTE]

Well, This doesn't require you to spam your friends. Just hit the like button. If you are referring to the possibility of it showing up on their news feed, then you should realize that everything else you do has the equal chance on spamming them. Are you embarrassed that your friends will see game on a budget?

[quote name='JP73']How does this work? Sorry, I'm not familiar with EA Insider Deals. Cause that seems like a hell of a deal for both games.[/QUOTE]
You don't have to do anything now. The condition was to get over 500 likes or comments before 5PM. considering they have almost 800 now, the deal WILL go live... If you want to participate in something like this in the future, just click Like.

Thanks, but I also meant about completing the purchase and whatnot. When this goes live, what do i do? Is there gonna be a link, or do i just go to EA.com or something and checkout there? Forgive my ignorance, I just never bought anything directly from EA before

[quote name='JP73']Thanks, but I also meant about completing the purchase and whatnot. When this goes live, what do i do? Is there gonna be a link, or do i just go to EA.com or something and checkout there? Forgive my ignorance, I just never bought anything directly from EA before[/QUOTE]

Oh! No problem! They update their Facebook page with the code you use to check out. Copy that to your clipboard, then make your way to the EA Origin's store and shop away!

I'll also be posting the code on my First Post letting CAG's know.

EA Insider is pretty easy, all you have to do is like the posting on EA's Facebook. It's not like a contest or anything no need to repost it or retweet. That's why I never do any of that crap, no one ever wins it they just want you to advertise for free for them.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I copy and paste the code into the appoprproiate spot, but the discount isn't showing up. It's still 29.99 and 19.99 for each

bread's done
Back