EA Insider Deals: 50% Off Dead Sapce 1 + 2. Free Shipping US Only

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So EA Insider Deals is running another Likes/Captions competition on FB.

"How would you caption this photo? If we get 500 likes/captions by 5 PM PT we’ll unlock 50% off Dead Space & Dead Space 2 + free shipping (US only) at that time."

http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals

I know It may not be the cheapest ever, but it's a nice opportunity for people who haven't picked them up.

Retail:
Dead Space (PS3): $20
Dead Space 2 (PS3): $30
Total: $50

UPDATE: Code is “d538sek72w" AND YOU CAN BUY DS2 Separately!

After reduction:
Total: $25 NEW

Not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran into it not working at first, because I wanted to see if I needed both DS1 and DS2 in my cart for the discount to apply but it was the opposite. The discount didn't show up until I removed DS1. Try that, I assume most of you only want DS2 regardless.

A new copy of DS2 for $16.29 (including tax + shipping)? Gold.

Edit: The shipping was still $0 with both in cart though, odd.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Dead Space 1 & 2 for $25 or Deus Ex for just $10 more? Can't decide[/QUOTE]

If you don't own either Dead Space game, I would say get them from this sale instead of Deus Ex. Especially if you're getting the PS3 versions, Deus Ex'll drop (It's $35 after less than a month) but $10 for DS1 and $15 for DS2 new are the lowest prices these games are going to be for a while, mostly in terms of DS2 and its filler $10. That, and DS 1 + 2 are really good games and the MP maps in 2 are free, as I noted earlier.

Edit: Well, since shipping's free and the price'll add up to be the same regarding tax, I would just recommend people do separate orders. This works out for those of us who didn't wanna get both games at once for the discount.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I ran into it not working at first, because I wanted to see if I needed both DS1 and DS2 in my cart for the discount to apply but it was the opposite. The discount didn't show up until I removed DS1. Try that, I assume most of you only want DS2 regardless.

A new copy of DS2 for $16.29 (including tax + shipping)? Gold.[/QUOTE]

this seems to work :)

This is the first EA insider deal I've ever done. I've seen threads for them before, but I've never felt like they've been this good. Is that just me? I'm also surprised that the MSRP on their site was only $30 for DS2, seems like a fair price to begin with.

I think the only other one I remember was ME 1 + 2 being like 60% off or something.

Ok, I bought each one separately, and it let me do that. 10.69 for Dead Space, 16-04 for Dead Space 2. Not bad. Thanks for the post OP and the explanation.

[quote name='JP73']Ok, I bought each one separately, and it let me do that. 10.69 for Dead Space, 16-04 for Dead Space 2. Not bad. Thanks for the post OP and the explanation.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome, chap! Glad to have helped you guys out. I've been itching for DS2 to be lower than 20 for a while!

Well I went ahead and chose the Physical copy for PC and it ran me $10. I'll probably just add it to my Origin Beta account and shelve the boxed copy. Free shipping on it was what kept me from waiting for a steam sale. Does anyone know if they give you the key so you can download it while the boxed copy ships?

I haven't received a confirmation e-mail for my orders. Is that normal with EA/Origin?

[quote name='SiMMENS']Well I went ahead and chose the Physical copy for PC and it ran me $10. I'll probably just add it to my Origin Beta account and shelve the boxed copy. Free shipping on it was what kept me from waiting for a steam sale. Does anyone know if they give you the key so you can download it while the boxed copy ships?[/QUOTE]

I guess you didn't want the CE for an extra $10?

@ OP

$20 was also my price point, I was assuming most of us were waiting for it to hit that, or get Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits status (which I assume it will by next year).

[quote name='JP73']I haven't received a confirmation e-mail for my orders. Is that normal with EA/Origin?[/QUOTE

It took 29 minutes between my order confirmation and my initial payment receipt email.

[quote name='JP73']I haven't received a confirmation e-mail for my orders. Is that normal with EA/Origin?[/QUOTE]

I once waited 10 hours for confirmation email from Origin.

Edit: bdw. I haven't got my confirmation mail yet.

Can't decide. I have a ps3 but no move and I really do love playing on a 360 controller better than a dualshock. I think I'll pass. Hopefully by the time I beat (start over since it's been so long since I've played) DS 1, DS 2 will be $10

I literally said to myself today, "If I can can find this for $15, I'll get it." Mission accomplished. I was hoping for the price to drop on the ps3 version on AWD, but I guess this will have to do. Thanks OP!

[quote name='jsivley']Can't decide. I have a ps3 but no move and I really do love playing on a 360 controller better than a dualshock. I think I'll pass. Hopefully by the time I beat (start over since it's been so long since I've played) DS 1, DS 2 will be $10[/QUOTE]

so why not buy it for the 360 then?

Alright, I bit and got Dead Space 2 for the 360. Is it me or is it getting harder to be a cheapassgamer. So many deals lately that my wallet is getting smaller and my backlog is getting bigger and bigger!

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Ouch, that was a short window. Literally slept through it. Oh well! Hopefully it'll come around again.[/QUOTE]

:cry: Sorry to hear that. Yea, EA Insider Deals barely last. The last one i tried to jump on only lasted an hour. Maybe it's based on sale capacity. I think that they probably have a limited amount of product they can sell at a discount price at a given event. Once that cap is reached, Lockdown.

Best of luck next time!

Son of a bitch. I keep missing the EA insider deals on Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm. I was in a class getting my useless education. Dammit, I could have been buying cheap games instead.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Son of a bitch. I keep missing the EA insider deals on Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm. I was in a class getting my useless education. Dammit, I could have been buying cheap games instead.[/QUOTE]

I would have missed the deal too but luckily my class was cancelled for today. :D

Glad I could get in for one! My apartment got broken into yesterday and my PS3 and like 35 games are gone, among other things, so I have to start rebuilding my collection :whistle2:(

[quote name='jscme']Anybody know if Extraction (if it is indeed included) is on disc or downloadable?[/QUOTE]

If you get the limited edition, it's included on the disc. It socks because you have to install the game, and have the disc in the system to play it...still a better deal if you have if for the PS3. I think extraction goes for $15 by itself online.

[quote name='Raye']How the hell did I not notice this? Missed the deal. :( One day DS2... one day.[/QUOTE]
EA runs these deals on their Origin store all the time. So you'll probably get another chance in a few weeks or so.

[quote name='wolve']EA runs these deals on their Origin store all the time. So you'll probably get another chance in a few weeks or so.[/QUOTE]

Are the Move controllers necessary to play extraction or can I play with a DS.

[quote name='jazzman']Are the Move controllers necessary to play extraction or can I play with a DS.[/QUOTE]
You can play with a DS, I haven't played with the move because I don't have one, but I would imagine it would be much more fun with the move.

Anybody who ordered it, has yours shipped yet? The status for my order still says "Order in Process". Any ideas?

[quote name='BiggBosss']Anybody who ordered it, has yours shipped yet? The status for my order still says "Order in Process". Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Mines is still "order in process" Idk maybe they're slow with shipping.:drool:

I can't even see my order history, it says no pending/current orders. I did the live chat and they said I'll get it in 5-7 business days.

bread's done
Back