EA MMA (PS3 and 360) $20.00 at Best Buy

captainslick

CAG Veteran
EA MMA (PS3 and 360) $20.00 at Best Buy. Not sure if it's just this week only or what. Great game. After holding off for so long I wish I got it when it came out. Holds up alot better than UFC game and has more to offer in terms of gameplay. Go grab it! No excuse now.

Online is still going strong. All of the Strikeforce event stuff is still in play. Career mode is way better than UFC 2010. The fighter amount is good enough if you need more take a picture of yourself and get started.

its $18 something on amazon, has been $20 or less for a few weeks now. personally i didnt enjoy using the analog stick to throw punches or whatever, but to each his own. now that the ufc bought strikeforce, im waiting for the mega mma game with fighters from both orgs (other than randy since he got to be in both).

I think $20 is the new RRP, I've seen it that price at a few places.

Prolly won't be a sequel since the UFC bought Strikeforce.

[quote name='captainslick']I just wish they would go with EA making the game over THQ. So much more to offer on there side.[/QUOTE]

They tried and EA told the UFC to get lost, so now Dana White won't work with them.

MSPR $19.99 and this game is terrible seller that's why the price dropping so fast. I sure we can find this game below $10 very soon ;)

[quote name='benjamouth']I think $20 is the new RRP, I've seen it that price at a few places.

Prolly won't be a sequel since the UFC bought Strikeforce.[/QUOTE]

Yea, bummed about that sale. SF was the last major MMA organization not controlled by Zuffa Sucks that the fighters HAVE to deal with Zuffa in order to get major exposure/opportunities.

It's a good game, I bought it at 40$ and I don't regret it. The online is pretty much dead though. It comes in handy when people come over for a UFC party and the actual event hasn't started yet. It gives you something fun to do while waiting.

[quote name='Masterkyo']MSPR $19.99 and this game is terrible seller that's why the price dropping so fast. I sure we can find this game below $10 very soon ;)[/QUOTE]

I thought the game was very good, actually. If you like Fight Night, or if you're an MMA fan (i.e. not just a UFC fan) you'll like this game. It' great being able to use guys like Bas Rutten and Ken Shamrock.

[quote name='technicalstylez']its $18 something on amazon, has been $20 or less for a few weeks now. personally i didnt enjoy using the analog stick to throw punches or whatever, but to each his own.[/QUOTE]
You can switch to button controls, which makes things much easier to handle.

[quote name='benjamouth']They tried and EA told the UFC to get lost, so now Dana White won't work with them.[/QUOTE]
Different EA.

[quote name='benjamouth']They tried and EA told the UFC to get lost, so now Dana White won't work with them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='B:L']Different EA.[/QUOTE]

Its still EA. And the fact that they turned down the chance to make a UFC game a couple years back makes me laugh. I get tired of EA being a part of every damn game that comes out.

[quote name='benjamouth']I think $20 is the new RRP, I've seen it that price at a few places.

Technically since Zuffa has to follow the contracts, whatever EA made with Strikeforce is still gold. I don't know if there will be an MMA3, but an MMA2 wouldn't be a long shot. Hopefully it isn't rushed because of the buyout.

strikeforce has pre existing contracts with EA. buisness will go on as usual until all contracts are fulfilled.

Quite a fun game. I actually prefer UFC, but I hope the next Undisputed takes a couple of ideas from EA's game, especially not making you redo training over and over.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Its still EA. And the fact that they turned down the chance to make a UFC game a couple years back makes me laugh. I get tired of EA being a part of every damn game that comes out.[/QUOTE]

It makes me laugh that White is so bitter about that, guy takes things way too personal. Remember when he was banning fighters who were signing with EA? Blows my mind the CEO of huge enterprise like that could be so petty, figured he of all people would grasp the concept it's not personal it's just business.

EA might have misjudged MMA, but seriously how could they have predicted it blow up like this, for all they had known it could have been the next Slam Ball.

When there's a chance to make money for all involved, anything can and usually will happen. Dana mocked Kimbo for years, then hired him. Dana trashed Tito Ortiz for years, then re-hired him. Dana trashes Fedor all the time, then about-faces every time there's a chance to pry him away. Bottom line is, this game sold pretty badly, and UFC 2010 fell off hard from 2009, so down the line there's always still a chance the two could get together if they think they can make money, when the existing agreements run out, and if they think there's a demand for it.

Oh yeah, and not really a deal, this is MSRP. Thanks for letting people know of the price drop, though, in case they didn't know.

[quote name='scoobypat']It makes me laugh that White is so bitter about that, guy takes things way too personal. Remember when he was banning fighters who were signing with EA? Blows my mind the CEO of huge enterprise like that could be so petty, figured he of all people would grasp the concept it's not personal it's just business.

EA might have misjudged MMA, but seriously how could they have predicted it blow up like this, for all they had known it could have been the next Slam Ball.[/QUOTE]

When he approached them, the UFC was doing great business and had a ton of exposure. Basically, EA was just stupid and wasn't paying attention to how popular MMA had become.

bread's done
Back