EA Origin - BF3 Preorder and get MoH, ME2 or Dead Space 2 Free

I was in the alpha and got that email as well. I'm pretty sure that offer is just for alpha participants.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']EA sent me an email and made this offer to me because I was in the Alpha, are you sure this applies to everyone?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't in Alpha and got it with Dead Space 2 ;)

[quote name='pieczonka']if you preorder the game do you get the free game now?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's in my Origin account now and ready to DL.

[quote name='qwertyaas']Yep, it's in my Origin account now and ready to DL.[/QUOTE]

...you son of a bitch!

Lucky you I suppose

Yes this works for non-alpha users as well. Grabbed Dead Space 2 with this offer yesterday. I wish I had been in the Alpha, but I was not.

[quote name='Kaoz']Yes this works for non-alpha users as well. Grabbed Dead Space 2 with this offer yesterday. I wish I had been in the Alpha, but I was not.[/QUOTE]

you missed out!

[quote name='pieczonka']do they charge you right now or when battlefield ships?[/QUOTE]
They charge the full price right away, so that should factor in for those on a tight budget.

[quote name='Kaoz']They charge the full price right away, so that should factor in for those on a tight budget.[/QUOTE]

According to the website, it's charged when the game comes out (as I bought it yesterday, I can't check yet as it won't post until Monday anyway).

The Battle Begins October 25, 2011
10/25/11 is the anticipated ship date that the Full Game will be available to be downloaded or shipped. Online orders are not billed until Product ships or pre-load is initiated.

I'll attempt to clear up some confusion: No, you do not have to have been in the alpha to take advantage of this. But yes, they will charge your card as soon as you order, despite that fine print.

Why would they give you access to a free game if they weren't sure they'd charge you the full amount right away or deny any cancellations?

This deal is great but I'm going to hold off, tight on cash right now. Rather not be charged full price for the game right away (although it makes sense considering you are getting a free game with it).

[quote name='jamezuva']Why would they give you access to a free game if they weren't sure they'd charge you the full amount right away or deny any cancellations?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was wondering but I specifically asked a couple reps when it gets charged and they stated when BF3 is released. Worst case, they just remove the game from your account.

That said, the full amount is pending on my card.

[quote name='qwertyaas']According to the website, it's charged when the game comes out (as I bought it yesterday, I can't check yet as it won't post until Monday anyway).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but part of the order is available instantly. So I would guess that is why they bill it all? I dunno

It is showing up in my account already so they definitely took it. Not strapped for cash myself, so as long as I am not billed again when it ships I am fine.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']If I have the steam version of ME1 will the save of ME1 transfer to ME2 on Origin? Also does this include all the DLC?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it includes the DLC. The saves should be compatible as they're just kept under C:\Users\(username)\Documents\BioWare for both I think.

I guess I'll go with the MOH bundle. I own ME2 on the 360 and that's where I'm getting ME3. I also have the PS3 edition of Dead Space 2. So MOH it is I guess. I really don't think there will be a better deal before October.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I guess I'll go with the MOH bundle. I own ME2 on the 360 and that's where I'm getting ME3. I also have the PS3 edition of Dead Space 2. So MOH it is I guess. I really don't think there will be a better deal before October.[/QUOTE]
Ha! Exactly my situation and I went with MOH as well...wonder if you have the CEs of both ;)

[quote name='Kaoz']Yeah, but part of the order is available instantly. So I would guess that is why they bill it all? I dunno

It is showing up in my account already so they definitely took it. Not strapped for cash myself, so as long as I am not billed again when it ships I am fine.[/QUOTE]

Many are saying it's just the normal authorization charge (which is what I assumed).

I don't care that they charge it now, but if I see a better preorder deal, I will call to cancel this and jump on the next. Them charging in full now makes it harder. Although I'm not going to touch Dead Space 2 for a while either way (which they can check if the key was used yet or not).

I went ahead and preordered BF3 and got Dead Space 2 with it. All in all it is a pretty good deal and not surprisingly the Origin preorder deals for BF3 are pretty enticing. The ability to preload BF3 was a pretty big deal to me.

I preordered this deal with mass effect 2 for free and I just received a email to pick another free game with email code. Sweet

Thanks for pre-ordering early. Redeem your bonus game now.
If you are having trouble viewing this email, please click here.

As a special thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield 3 early at Origin, we're offering you a bonus PC digital download game. Please apply the code below at the shopping cart to redeem one PC Digital version of one of our recommended shooter titles: Mass Effect™ 2, Dead Space™ 2 or Medal of Honor™. The price will be reduced to $0 after applying the code at your shopping cart. Hurry - this offer is only good for the month of August, and is exclusive to Origin customers only. See below for more details.

We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield this fall.

Use code: g86a42p7wb3376

Battlefield 3: ESRB RATING PENDING. May contain content inappropriate for children. Visit www.esrb.org for rating information.
Mass Effect 2: ESRB Rating: MATURE with BLOOD, DRUG REFERENCE, SEXUAL CONTENT, STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE.
Dead Space 2: ESRB Rating: MATURE with BLOOD AND GORE, INTENSE VIOLENCE, STRONG LANGUAGE.
Medal of Honor: ESRB Rating: MATURE with BLOOD, STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE.

*Offer expires August 31, 2011. Bonus PC Digital Download title selected by Electronic Arts. Discount is valid only on new purchases from Origin at www.origin.com. Valid only in the U.S. and Canada. Cannot be combined with any other offer, Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons. Limit one offer per person. Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.

10/25/11 is the anticipated ship date that the Full Game will be available to be downloaded or shipped. Online orders are not billed until Product ships or Pre Load is initiated.

Make sure you receive your email from EA! Add [email protected] to your address book. If you no longer want us to contact you, click here to be removed from our mailing list or to change your preferences. You can also write to: Privacy Policy Administrator, Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.

©2011 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service

This deal is dead right? I think the promotion ended August 7th. Too bad I would have jumped on this one...

[quote name='saiyajinsc']why do they charge tax when steam doesn't?[/QUOTE]

From Steam's checkout page
"Tax: Sales tax will be calculated during checkout for WA state residents"

Businesses must charge a tax to residents in any state in which they have a physical operation in.

Valve offices are in Washington, therefore the must charge a tax there. I would assume that something likely is occurring while ordering from Origin.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']why do they charge tax when steam doesn't?[/QUOTE]

Trust me, Steam charges tax... So does Amazon :cry:
Living in WA is awesome, but sucks for online shopping lol

I am getting this on the 360. I feel like if there were different games/ better incentive I would actually pick it up for the PC as well. This promo however (which I saw from a while ago but am still thinking about from being in the Alpha) just isn't anything enticing to me.

[quote name='terb73']From Steam's checkout page
"Tax: Sales tax will be calculated during checkout for WA state residents"

Businesses must charge a tax to residents in any state in which they have a physical operation in.

Valve offices are in Washington, therefore the must charge a tax there. I would assume that something likely is occurring while ordering from Origin.[/QUOTE]

Living in WA hurts me so much. ):
Amazon charges tax.
Steam charges tax...

And those are the two sites where I get all my games from. ):

sadface.

bread's done
Back