EA/Origin sent me another $20 off coupon

tcbys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (98%)
They apologized for the problems last week. They sent me a code.

Dear Gamer,
Last week, we sent you an invitation to take a short survey that mentioned we would give you a promo code worth $20 to use on your next purchase once you completed the survey. Unfortunately, due to some misuse of the promo code, we had to discontinue its use early, and you may not have received the discount you were promised.
But you took the time to attempt to take the survey, and we want to say thank you for your time. We'd like to offer you the same $20 discount on your next purchase, through Sunday October 21, 2012. The discount is good for $20 off a purchase of most EA games on Origin priced $19.99 or above.*
To redeem your code, visit Origin.com and simply add an EA game to your shopping cart, proceed to the check-out window, and enter code XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Please note this promotion will only be valid until October 21, 2012, so you will want to act soon.
If you need additional help redeeming your code, you can contact Origin Help for 24/7 assistance.
Sincerely,

The Origin Team

I just got the same email 8 minutes ago.

Guess what? The code STILL won't apply for Mass Effect 2 (360). Sheesh. Maybe it's too fresh of a code, I'll give it a couple of hours

[quote name='harry hood']I just got the same email 8 minutes ago.

Guess what? The code STILL won't apply for Mass Effect 2 (360). Sheesh. Maybe it's too fresh of a code, I'll give it a couple of hours[/QUOTE]

Guess what? The code is still for downloadable games only!

[quote name='FadeToOne']Guess what? The code is still for downloadable games only![/QUOTE]
Guess what, no it's not! The fine print doesn't stipulate such and when I talked to customer service, they didn't mention that.

*THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012. GOOD ONLY FOR NEW PURCHASES OF $19.99 OR MORE FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT). EXCLUDES STAR WARS® THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, GAMES RELEASED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE, VALVE GAMES, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND GAME TIME CODES. VALID IN U.S. AND CANADA. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCTS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND EMPLOYEES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. AND THEIR AGENCIES/AFFILIATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER PERSON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.

i'm racking my brain for where it says downloadable games only

It was hard enough finding a game to download the last time I tried to cash in on this $20. Since it seems to have the same limitations this time, I'm really scratching my head on this one.

[quote name='harry hood']i'm racking my brain for where it says downloadable games only[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should send them an e-mail telling them how you're entitled to use the apology voucher they didn't have to give you on physical copies of games bought through their digital download service. :roll:

[quote name='TheSupremeForce']It was hard enough finding a game to download the last time I tried to cash in on this $20. Since it seems to have the same limitations this time, I'm really scratching my head on this one.[/QUOTE]

On top of that the EA store insists on an obnoxious 10 games per page and there aren't any useful ways to sort the list like Steam. I can't find anything either.

I have every $20 game I want so I'm looking at the $20 and up but the problem is that most of these games are $20 retail but full $40+ on EA store so the coupon doesn't save you anything.

[quote name='Blade']Maybe you should send them an e-mail telling them how you're entitled to use the apology voucher they didn't have to give you on physical copies of games bought through their digital download service. :roll:[/QUOTE]
They have physical copies of games for sale on their site for sale, they should specify. I don't PC game at all unfortunately, I didn't even know anything about origin prior to this. I didn't abuse the code like others, I was trying to get one game for the 360. And lastly, yes they did have to give it to me, I entered into an agreement to take a survey for them in order to get the code in the first place.

They say "EA games on Origin" which is vague, at best, but when the coupon was active before, it was indeed only allowed on downloadable games.

just tested my link to the survey and it says it's "concluded sooner than expected." So I'd post it but I don't think it will do you any good.

I didn't fill it out last week and still got the apology/invite to spend $20 at their store. Not sure now if I want to d/l and install the origin client. I guess the lazy bird gets a free intro to PC gaming via Origin.

Can someone point me to the US Origin store link? Similar to Steam's /?cc=us

It was something like /?ikr= but I can't remember the whole thing and I don't have it written down either.

If anyone has an extra code, let me know. I would gladly take if off your hands.

Btw- does anyone know how often origin does this kind of survey/coupon off kind of thing?

I can't get the code to work on multiple items even when the add up to $20. Is there some trick to it, or was it a glitch that they've fixed?

Trying to use it on Sims 3 Pets & either Spore Creature Creator or Mercenaries 2. The two add up to $20 when you use the link given on the previous page.

EDIT: Never mind. It looks like Sims 3 Pets doesn't work. I tried deleting it and adding battlefield 3 and the discount showed up when combined with Mercs 2

It looks like The Sims 3 Pets (without being bundled with the base game) is the only Sims 3 item that doesn't work. I just tried everything else and they all received the discount when there was at least $20 worth of items in the cart.

Wouldn't you know it, that's the only thing that I need. And it wont let me buy the Sims 3 base + Pets because I already own the base game.

If you have a spare code, don't hesitate to PM it to me. I really need it for a Sims 3 EP. So please give me your spare code ASAP if you don't need it.

bread's done
Back