EA store 20% off all in-stock titles Madden 10 $48 360/PS3

If you signed up with EA on your birthday they send you an offer. A couple weeks ago they sent me a code for 25% off a purchase. I added Madden 10 for Wii to the card and entered the code and it took the price down to $29.97 + tax. Just to let anyone know it appears to stack.

Mmmh, very tempting. Get Maddon 10 for $48 and then get a game like Dead Space or Godfather 2 for $14 or $21 respectively. Will think about it.

Thanks op.

It says free shipping with Madden 10. So its a good deal.

The shipping might bite you in the second game if you use the $10 off another extra game from the Madden 10 purchase.

[quote name='wildnuts02']isn't shipping an extra $6? i seem to remember this..[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of picking up Burnout Paradise, and while checking out, shipping was given to me free...so it looks as though no shipping included on other titles?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I was thinking of picking up Burnout Paradise, and while checking out, shipping was given to me free...so it looks as though no shipping included on other titles?[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you got Madden 10 and Burnout for $53-esq and free shipping? Because that's exactly what I'm hoping for :hot:

[quote name='flameo2000']Are you saying you got Madden 10 and Burnout for $53-esq and free shipping? Because that's exactly what I'm hoping for :hot:[/QUOTE]

No, even better...I was looking to ONLY purchase Burnout Paradise and it was $16 (and some change) shipped. I basically received the 20% off, Free Shipping, and only tax. It's actually cheaper new than buying a used (and probably gutted copy) from Gamestop.

Used my leftover Sims Points from Best Buy to get Grand Slam Tennis for only a few buck out of my pocket :) It wouldn't let my $5 off a wii game coupon stack though, oh well.

[quote name='Got_Wii']If you signed up with EA on your birthday they send you an offer. A couple weeks ago they sent me a code for 25% off a purchase. I added Madden 10 for Wii to the card and entered the code and it took the price down to $29.97 + tax. Just to let anyone know it appears to stack.[/QUOTE]
I just tried to stack the one they sent me today with it and it comes up error. Wait and try again. I guess

A big fat thank you to the OP. I read this thread a few hours ago, checked out the eastore then hesitated, well i just went back and actually bought it, and i realized that this time i did NOT see anything about the 10 coupon for your next purchase at easports store. I seen it the first time around in the game description, but now i dont. Well they did not charge tax and my total was 47.99 so I am EXTREMELY happy. Thanks again OP!!!!

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything about the $10 off your next purchase, is it still "live"? Has anyone tried to order lately? Do you just get a code in email?

speaking of Madden 09, i see Gamefly has a used copy of the 360 version for $9.99.

as for the ea sale, i may have to check that out.
when do they give birthday codes out? on the exact day of your birthday?

[quote name='johnsdoe00']speaking of Madden 09, i see Gamefly has a used copy of the 360 version for $9.99.

as for the ea sale, i may have to check that out.
when do they give birthday codes out? on the exact day of your birthday?[/QUOTE]

Should be exactly the date of your birthday. I made and account for "tomorrow" as my b-day so I will mention if I get the code and if it works.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Used my leftover Sims Points from Best Buy to get Grand Slam Tennis for only a few buck out of my pocket :) It wouldn't let my $5 off a wii game coupon stack though, oh well.[/QUOTE]

That Sims Points from Best Buy was nice. Time to use my remailing credit.

[quote name='nightmare452']Should be exactly the date of your birthday. I made and account for "tomorrow" as my b-day so I will mention if I get the code and if it works.[/QUOTE]
I really don't know when they send out the b-day codes, I got mine almost three weeks after my b-day, and I usually use my actually b-day, soo...

[quote name='profanedic']I really don't know when they send out the b-day codes, I got mine almost three weeks after my b-day, and I usually use my actually b-day, soo...[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Signed up for EA account with "today" as my birthday and no code, so don't bother signing up thinking you will get one.

Either way, this deal is dead without the $10 off another game.

Nice! Combined discount with an old $15 off coupon code I got for my rock band guitar troubles. Madden for $32, free shipping, and a $10 gift card!

Never thought I would buy this, but I had 3 10 dollar sims cards I never used for anything, so I only had to pay 17 for this, well, more like 32 since the 30 dollars in EA.com cash cost me 15, but still...

[quote name='mn9500']how do u get 20% off. when i go to order it doesnt take the 20% off, just free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Same here :( ... Im reading the fine print, I dont see why this wouldn't apply... this isn't a "pre-order" .. unless, they are talking about the $10 off card as the "other offer"...

*20% Off All In-Stock Titles: Products on pre-order are not eligible for this discount. Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. Discount is valid only on new purchases from the EA STORE at www.eastore.ea.com. This offer expires on 8/31/09 and cannot be combined with any other offer, Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons. Valid only in U.S. and CANADA. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.

crap... i jumped on madden when the $10 thing came out. still waiting for that code. EA store's emailing reliability doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. I might use this on NCAA since that's the only game in stock and it got a little price drop.

Looks like digital download games don't have the terms paragraph, so I'm guessing those titles don't apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah.. looks like no go... I chat with EA sports and its no good.

Message.gif
Kevin: Please be informed, 20% discount was only available to customer who have pre-ordered the Madden NFL 2010 copy.
Message.gif
Kevin: Now this offer is no longer valid.
Message.gif
: hmm, really? I think you guys should change the wordage
Message.gif
: it sounds like "Products on pre-order are not eligible for this discount."
Message.gif
: 20% off IN-STOCK items
Message.gif
Kevin: I sincerely apologize for this.

I am very interested in this deal but I was wondering if anyone is having problems with there Sims Cards from that Best Buy deal a while back. Every time I add some games to my cart and try to checkout it gives me an error message. Did they find out and make these cards only usable with Sims products or something.

[quote name='DaRegulator']Blah.. looks like no go... I chat with EA sports and its no good.[/QUOTE]

Why do good deals mostly seem to be "errors"

[quote name='DaRegulator']Blah.. looks like no go... I chat with EA sports and its no good.[/QUOTE]

So are they saying that it was 20% off Madden on preorder? Was it a deal that ran separately from the $10 off the next purchase offer? I'm really confused by what they meant in that chat exerpt you posted.

[quote name='manlai']So are they saying that it was 20% off Madden on preorder? Was it a deal that ran separately from the $10 off the next purchase offer? I'm really confused by what they meant in that chat exerpt you posted.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was very confusing... My chat with them started with the fine print earlier, the "20%" off in-stock items, so it was originally suppose to be 20% off Madden with the $10 gift card... but he was saying that it was "only" pre-order items, which didn't make ANY sense... and look at it now.. they removed the deal :( .. looks like we missed out.

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/...S&ThemeID=718200&Env=BASE&productID=108009000

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Why do good deals mostly seem to be "errors"[/QUOTE]

For reals, stupid "too good to be true" companies.. lol

bread's done
Back