EA Store Issues or whatisthisidonteven

rainking187

CAGiversary!
Feedback
407 (100%)
So I ordered Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition from the EA Store during the flash deal. I changed my mind later and tried to cancel it. I was told I would be recieving a refund, but then the game was shipped. Yesterday I recieved a refund for my order. Today the game was delivered. So I contacted customer support to see what I should do. According to the guy I talked to there was no record of an order with that order number and my email address. So I asked him what to do, as I had apparently recieved the refund and the game. He said I could just send the game back. I then told him I had changed my mind and wanted to keep the game now, I just wanted the refund reversed. He basically told me if I had already recieved the game just to keep it.

What should I do here? Do I keep the game? I have no problem paying the price they originally charged me for the game, but the fact that they apparently have no record of my order leaves me with no idea what I should do.

[quote name='rainking187']So I ordered Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition from the EA Store during the flash deal. I changed my mind later and tried to cancel it. I was told I would be recieving a refund, but then the game was shipped. Yesterday I recieved a refund for my order. Today the game was delivered. So I contacted customer support to see what I should do. According to the guy I talked to there was no record of an order with that order number and my email address. So I asked him what to do, as I had apparently recieved the refund and the game. He said I could just send the game back. I then told him I had changed my mind and wanted to keep the game now, I just wanted the refund reversed. He basically told me if I had already recieved the game just to keep it.

What should I do here? Do I keep the game? I have no problem paying the price they originally charged me for the game, but the fact that they apparently have no record of my order leaves me with no idea what I should do.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you did your due diligence, notified them of the error, and the rep said keep it. Enjoy.

I actually decided to get a second opinion from a different rep. It might bite me in the ass, but honestly I'm mostly worried about them catching this at some point in the future and trying to charge me full price.

Since you did contact them and they said to keep it, play the game and have a clear conscience over the free game.

If you didn't contact them, then that's a bit dickish to do, though you're covered since you took the time to contact them.

Since you are talking to another rep, make sure you mention that the first one you talked with said you could keep it.

Keep it, I've worked in a big corporation call center as a customer service for years and alot of instances the value of the item was not worth the cost of researching, returning, and processing costs. We just told the customer to keep it and adjusted our inventory levels. You did the right thing by calling them and if the customer service rep says keep it, do so. I had a similar issue where I canceled a game with EA and they shipped it. Customer service said just to keep it. This was back in Oct. I was never billed for the game.

Who says doing the right thing doesn't pay off?! Nice to read something like this. Gives me hope that you still can get rewarded for being honest.

Just had a charge for the cost of the game pop up on my bank account again. Oh well. It doesn't bother me that I have to actually pay for the game, but it does bother me that I recieved an email saying I got a refund along with a couple of customer service reps telling me that I had recieved a refund when I apparently hadn't.

bread's done
Back