Eagle Eye PlayStation 3 Converter - Converts Mouse and Keyboard to PS3 Controller

PenguinUnited

CAG Veteran
Hi guys we are from penguin united. We released Eagle Eye Converter that lets you use/calibrate your mouse and keyboard to an accurate PS3 controller. Please check the link below for reviews and videos.

6 rating from official page

Eagle Eye Converter

43 review from Amazon page - 4 Star Average

Hopefully you guys find this promising.

I didn't know about this early on and like everyone else I'd be wary of spending so much without trying it first. Instead I got a FragnStein (now called Aimon) from Ebay and it works pretty well. I understand it's not going to be perfect though. They currently have to emulate an analog stick instead of putting direct mouse input into a game.

I really wish console developers would allow native M/KB support like UT3 on PS3 did. It can't be hard and it's not fair to make us experienced players suffer with childish and inferior analogs. The genre requires M/KB, it's not playable any other way. Well I suppose you could 'play' the games but analogs for shooters work about as well as a steering wheel in a fighting game...

And right about now some tool will ask why I don't play on PC. It's because the games can't be trusted. Spyware, rootkits, malware like Steam, OS checks, requiring constant internet connections, and so on, come with the game and we don't want that. I used to game on both but moved to consoles when PC became too problematic. In the switch I had to leave FPS's behind. This is something I'd like to fix since I always enjoyed a good game of Quake, Doom, or UT.

[quote name='Duetschbag']So I am attempting to order this (and hopefully it's a smart choice) but I am having problems with the website. Is anyone else experiencing any of these?

- Cannot check shipping because the link does not work
- Cannot create an account because the box to select State is missing
- Cannot use the quick checkout because it brings me back to same page

If the website is acting like this, I hope it's not an indicator as to how the product is going to work. Most of the youtube reviews look pretty solid, so I am hoping for the best I would really like to use the code that was posted, otherwise I'll just purchase off eBay/Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yup same problem for me as well.. hm....

Hi Guys, thanks for the discussion. As for
When I was looking at the FragFX Shark (which is another console mouse solution from a different company), I noticed that they do some very aggressive/shady online marketing. It including making fake user accounts to praise the product and accusing real reviews of being fake. Is this market segment really this cutthroat?

I have been upfront from the first post, never pretended to be anyone else then from Penguin United. We are not able putting other products down or anything like that, we just want to focus on bring out a good product and because our history with CAG i thought I put in a coupon. I don't want to stand here and say how good our product is, because it won't matter until you try it. We have great return policy, basically no questions asked within "stated 30 days" but really as long as its not like more then 2 months we are cool with you returning it. Even if its more then 2 months and we don't feel like its a scam then we are good about that too.

The EEC 2.0 is only a few months old, but we have a lot of good feed backs already. We are not going to go around promoting a product that people don't like, there are plenty of reviews out there on Amazon and places. We can't lie about this stuff.

Yeah, to be clear, the only problem I had with Penguin United was that the thread was not a deal when it was first created.

Thanks Cephalic! I just ordered mine. I am still skeptical as I think most people are, but coming from an entirely PC background, I needed something. :) I will try and get a good video review up as soon as I receive it. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Mine was just shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PenguinUnited']=
Now its great that they moved the FPS to a cheater free, lag free, and the standard hardware console platform,[/QUOTE]

Yah... thanks for stereotyping PC gaming/gamers there. Just have to say that doesn't make me want to support you any.

[quote name='Antipodes']Very strange thread.

First a straight up advertisement for a product, which was later rectified by including a deal. I'm fine with self-promotion as long as there is a worthy deal in it (

[quote name='xyxyll']In case you're wondering, yes, XIM3 fanboys were hijacking the thread.

xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=8474.msg97582#msg97582[/QUOTE]

Not nearly as bad as I thought it was. Hijacking is dirty but at least it was done by real fans, who do show reserve, and not people paid by XIM.

At least that's what I could make out from that link.

Yeah we have no problem people doing that its okay. Freedom of speech right? As long as XIM doesn't come to our forum to do that its alright with me. For those who ordered, thank you and I like to know what your thoughts are, thanks! Remember to turn your turbo off, often times the turbo comes "on" and you feel that you cannot aim down sight or pick up your weapons, thats because your aim down slight or weapon pickup button is on turbo.

For what it's worth, I reviewed this when it came out. I found it to be a pretty good device though it definitely didn't hit the mark of perfect PC-like KB&M control.

Playing UT3 with both the native KB&M support and the emulated KB&M support of the Eagle Eye really cleared up that fact. There was a general jumpiness and insensitivity of the emulation (which I definitely expected when I started with it).

I can't say I've tried the device with the v2 firmware, so all of these impressions come from when the device was first released. For those that don't want to click through and read about some of my specific tests from the review, here's the bottom line:

While the Eagle Eye unit is solidly constructed, feature rich, and easily customizable, it is not quite perfect in its implementation. Players shouldn't expect to-the-PC accurate control, but something very close to it. Unfortunately, if those looking to invest in the Eagle Eye don't already have a gaming mouse, they might find that the price investment is even greater after purchasing a proper laser mouse. The base MSRP on the device is also quite steep, which might be prohibitive for most gamers just to use their preferred control devices. The Eagle Eye Converter is reserved specifically for ex-PC gamers who no longer have a rig to enjoy the latest and greatest shooter titles on.

[quote name='Clownfyre']I have the Eagle Eye Converter and I can say its pretty good. Its nice for people who are used to playing PC games. Its not going to exactly feel like PC but you will have the feel of it. The one I had bought was when there was no firmware with it and it worked great right out of the box. But now that it has firmware its much better and smoother. Some say its cheating, some say its not. Having used the product so far, I'm happy with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n67hMaE7Jo4
Sorry for the cussing, my cousin goes crazy when he plays games.[/QUOTE]

COCK SHIT WHORE!

LOL your cousin has turrets?

Wow I had no idea one of these things was coming to 360... Glad they are expensive as hell and really hard to find! If you want K&M play on PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back