Ear Force Tango COD: BO II Headset - $18.99 on eBay (Price Mistake)?

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Click here for trending deals in the "other" section on eBay:

http://deals.ebay.com/shop/coins-bullion-deals

You then see a link for "Turtle Beach Call of Duty Black Ops II Ear Force Tango Wireless Headset" at $18.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EA-Sports-Tiger-Woods-PGA-Tour-14-for-Microsoft-Xbox-360/271385095234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2fcfec42

When you click on the link it turns into "Tiger Woods PGA 14 for Xbox 360" however the product description is still for the headset.

Not sure what you'd get..... thoughts?

I'm hesitant - a lot of the negative reviews are people receiving the incorrect item and having to return the product for a refund. I'd rather not deal with having to return an item as I'm certain I'll get a copy of Tiger Woods.

But if you do order and get the headset, you've scored a good deal!

IDK -- but I'm going to order two; one for myself and one for my dad for xmas. Says they are 'manufactured refurbished'... I'll update when/if they arrive!

You're getting a coin. It even says so o. The page!
It's listed in the coin section of eBay which is why you won't earn eBay bucks but where does it say you're getting a coin in the listing?

The item specifics section is autofilled by eBay when you listing in a specific category (i.e. coins----buillion).

Unless they sell manufactured refurbished coins with 90 warranties... with a MSRP of $199.99 and a sale price of $18.99

Edit: look at the selling histroy for this item.... it was $109.99 as of yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deal Fisher gets a lot of Microsoft games to resell.  So I'm almost positive it's an Xbox game.  With that said, eBay protection has us covered so we'll get our money back worst case scenario.   So with that said, I'm still unsure whether I should bite lol.

Deal Fisher gets a lot of Microsoft games to resell. So I'm almost positive it's an Xbox game. With that said, eBay protection has us covered so we'll get our money back worst case scenario. So with that said, I'm still unsure whether I should bite lol.
What's holding me back is why would the protect you whether you got a headset, game, or coin? It could be any one of them.

If it is tiger woods games they'll be easy to drop in an envelope and return for a refund (don't refuse shipment as you lose your buyer protection).

Everything except the title and the selling category though screams "headphones". I mean as of yesterday they were selling them at $109.99.

Refurbished

90 day warranty

MSRP: $199.99

Pictures

Description

etc.

The only thing that is wrong is the title and the selling category

Edit: Eldritch... you're not getting a coin. I'm not sure why you're hung up on that... they just mislisted this item in the coin category... those item details are autofilled by eBay---not the seller.

^ LOL. Just humoring you but if it is a coin I hope it's a rare one!

Don't have time to monitor the thread. Please shut it down once the listing is dead.

Good luck!

Not sure, if it has a 3.5mm connection it will. I'm not sure if coins have those though.
Ok, I'm too scared to find out anyways

Low on PP funds so I can't try it unless I'm 100% sure I'm getting one. If it was Amazon or something, I'd take the chance

What's holding me back is why would the protect you whether you got a headset, game, or coin? It could be any one of them.
eBay also protects you for not getting what was described. A tracking number only protects against an "Item Not Received" case. We won't receive a coin, I can guarantee you of that. I've personally bought games from Deal Fisher (all MS games) in the past without issue.

My hunch thinks it's still going to be a game though. As an eBay seller, when I fulfill my transactions, I only read the title before printing out the shipping label. The seller or his minions are most likely just going to do the same thing. They will not look at the item description, nor UPC.

I still haven't been able to influence my own decision yet. Still undecided since you have to pay for return shipping.

Regardless of what's being sold, I'll get my money back as the listing is potentially apparently selling 3 different items, and is confusing a hell, Ebay will cover me. But it's possible that its a listing for a headset with the pricing and title of a game or coin then I win for sure. It does happen.

Do people go out of their way to buy something because it gives you ebay bucks? I mean they are nice but hardly worth worrying about with great deals.

Do people go out of their way to buy something because it gives you ebay bucks? I mean they are nice but hardly worth worrying about with great deals.
I do. Once or twice a month I get targeted promotions for 4x eBay bucks (8%) or 10% back in eBay bucks on one or both of my buying accounts. Last quarter I earned $500 in eBay bucks on both accounts.

Might want to slow down if you haven't made the purchase yet.

I haven't gotten a tracking number from them yet but I did receive a notification from UPS that a label was created going to my address from EQUIPPED LLC (the same company I sent money to for this purchase) and the label was rated at just 1.00lb---which sounds more like two games then two headsets.

I haven't gotten a tracking number from them yet but I did receive a notification from UPS that a label was created going to my address from EQUIPPED LLC (the same company I sent money to for this purchase) and the label was rated at just 1.00lb---which sounds more like two games then two headsets.
Welp, that sucks, time to work on the "customer service to return label or canceling it.

Same thing on my end. At least we'll get our $$ back!

Rae, Nov 06 18:02

I am so sorry about this.

This was error and you will be receiving the video game and not the headset.

I can certainly provide you with a prepaid shipping label for you to return this for a full refund.

Will this be okay?

Cheers!
Rae

--------------
If anyone has them honor the sale, please post back here. Unsure if I should drag this on with them about honoring it

I can certainly provide you with a prepaid shipping label for you to return this for a full refund.

Will this be okay?

Cheers!
Rae

--------------
If anyone has them honor the sell, please post back here. Unsure if I should drag this on with them about honoring it
Lol i don't know either but like people that don't realize and get tiger woods are gonna be pissed! they should try to do good on messing up though lol

Yes, If they revised the listing to the tiger woods game then I suppose there isn't much we could do. But I am going to push for them to honor the deal. All they did was update the price, changed the title from tiger woods to the headset and for some reason removed the UPC code...they still have the coin stuff in it. So, they were originally selling the headset all along and tried to cover it up buy sending the game instead, which should of been made a seperate listing instead of changing it to the headset, sort of. Just because they listed it originally at $18 doesn't mean we should get a game and not the headset, I think Ebay would agree with the buyer on this. It's not our fault they messed up and still continue to not fix the listing. I'll send them my message and see what happens.

Do you know where I can find this adaptor? Just picked up an Xbone and dusted off my Tangos
If you need the chat adapter, you'll need this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-stereo-headset-adapter/9008243.p?id=1219013503686&skuId=9008243&st=xbox

If you just need the cable, you'll need this: http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/ear-force-ps4-chat-cable-in-box/497

It shows PS4 cable but I have it hooked it directly from the X1 chat adapter to the Tango headset. No issues at all.

If you need the chat adapter, you'll need this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-stereo-headset-adapter/9008243.p?id=1219013503686&skuId=9008243&st=xbox

If you just need the cable, you'll need this: http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/ear-force-ps4-chat-cable-in-box/497

It shows PS4 cable but I have it hooked it directly from the X1 chat adapter to the Tango headset. No issues at all.
ironically I have both the PS4 cable and the 360 cable :rofl:

Damn, GameStop selling adapter for $5 more then everyone else lol

Reading reviews and half say adapter breaks after month :whistle2:(

ironically I have both the PS4 cable and the 360 cable :rofl:

Damn, GameStop selling adapter for $5 more then everyone else lol

Reading reviews and half say adapter breaks after month :whistle2:(
It's not the best thing ever sadly. Mine hasn't broken but there's times where the audio breaks up frequently enough to make me stop playing. It's a shame since I don't have those problems with the wireless audio on the PS4.

Will this be okay?

Cheers!
Rae

--------------
If anyone has them honor the sale, please post back here. Unsure if I should drag this on with them about honoring it
I ordered mine and never got an email from them. Just shipped, they left positive feedback, and provided a USPS shipping number. No weight is provided though. When i go to the updated item page it states that I purchased THAT ITEM, so a dispute would be easy.

Supposed to be here on Monday.

Yes, If they revised the listing to the tiger woods game then I suppose there isn't much we could do. But I am going to push for them to honor the deal. All they did was update the price, changed the title from tiger woods to the headset and for some reason removed the UPC code...they still have the coin stuff in it. So, they were originally selling the headset all along and tried to cover it up buy sending the game instead, which should of been made a seperate listing instead of changing it to the headset, sort of. Just because they listed it originally at $18 doesn't mean we should get a game and not the headset, I think Ebay would agree with the buyer on this. It's not our fault they messed up and still continue to not fix the listing. I'll send them my message and see what happens.
I really don't think there is anyway you can make them send you a headset. Honestly, it was obviously an error and they are sending you a prepaid label to return the game and that is pretty much all they have to do. You can give them bad feedback if you want, but that is it. eBay isn't going to make them send you a headset.

Rae, Nov 07 14:20

I completely understand and if the error was on our end we surely would do all that we can to get you your headset at the price you paid.

Sadly we cannot send this headset out to you. I completely understand if you do not want the game and we have no problem providing you with a prepaid shipping label so you can return it for a refund.

I know this sucks and I am truly sorry but our hands are tied regarding this matter. As a token of apology we would like to offer you a $10 future credit to use towards a future eBay Deal Fisher purchase.

To take advantage of this credit all you will have to do place the order as normal then send us an email referencing this order as well as your new order. Sadly we do not have a coupon system.​

Cheers!
Rae
Customer Experience Member
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like a scam to me now. They used bait and switch tactic with false advertising and claim it to not be their fault. That's comical, I'm giving them another chance before taking it up with ebay.

I really don't think there is anyway you can make them send you a headset. Honestly, it was obviously an error and they are sending you a prepaid label to return the game and that is pretty much all they have to do. You can give them bad feedback if you want, but that is it. eBay isn't going to make them send you a headset.
You're probably right... won't stop me from trying.

Rae, Nov 07 14:20

I completely understand and if the error was on our end we surely would do all that we can to get you your headset at the price you paid.

Sadly we cannot send this headset out to you. I completely understand if you do not want the game and we have no problem providing you with a prepaid shipping label so you can return it for a refund.

I know this sucks and I am truly sorry but our hands are tied regarding this matter. As a token of apology we would like to offer you a $10 future credit to use towards a future eBay Deal Fisher purchase.

To take advantage of this credit all you will have to do place the order as normal then send us an email referencing this order as well as your new order. Sadly we do not have a coupon system.​

Cheers!
Rae
Customer Experience Member
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like a scam to me now. They used bait and switch tactic with false advertising and claim it to not be their fault. That's comical, I'm giving them another chance before taking it up with ebay.
they gave me 15$ for each order I ordered 2 headsets so i asked and they gave me 30$ in credit now IDK what to actually get from them

bread's done
Back