Ear Force X41 Headphones

Nobi-Wan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Anybody have recommendations or reviews on these? Are these worth the price difference over the X31's? Thanks in advance.

Yes they are. They fixed a majority of the hisssing problem that the X31s had. People have complained about hissing in their X41s as well but I have not encounted that problem at all. I tried the Trittons as well and I just like the TB's better.

Yeah they're $149 on Amazon right now so I'm wondering whether to bite the bullet on them, especially since my wife always wants me to turn down the volume in our tiny apartment. I need to hear the bullets whizzing over my head in Battlefield BC 2!

I have the x31 and have not used the x41, so I couldn't really say if it is worth it or not to go with the more expensive model.

What I can add to the conversation is that I do not have any hissing in my x31's and that I like them a lot.

How's the sound?
My problem is that I have a wireless router. Is there interference if I have one because a review of the X41's I read said that there is none but I can't find info on the X31's. I'd rather save money if the difference is negligible.

Thanks guys.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']How's the sound?
My problem is that I have a wireless router. Is there interference if I have one because a review of the X41's I read said that there is none but I can't find info on the X31's. I'd rather save money if the difference is negligible.

Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

I had to return my X41 and go back to the X4 because of the interference with my wireless router. It's definitely a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2.4ghz router about 8 feet away from the headphone transmitter and hear absolutely no interference in the headphones. The router is directly behind the couch that I sit on to game, so the distance between the actual headphones and the router is maybe 2 feet at most.

I can't comment on whether or not the headphones signal screws up the wireless internet signal, as my xbox is hard wired.

In regards to the sound, I think its great, but again, I have nothing to compare it to. I don't regret my purchase one bit. Hope this info helps.

The biggest issue I read about is people putting the transmitter too close to the TV or xbox, which caused interference in the headphones. I have my transmitter placed about a foot away from my xbox/tv.

[quote name='y2jrevolution']I had to return my mine and go back to the X4 because of the interference with my wireless router. It's definitely a problem.[/QUOTE]
Which ones did you have, the 41's or the 31's?
And I have the new 360 S and I'm using the wireless N adapter that's built in. I'd hate to spend the money only to have a crap signal. I'd gladly spend the less amount on the X31's if the signal doesn't interfere.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Which ones did you have, the 41's or the 31's?
And I have the new 360 S and I'm using the wireless N adapter that's built in. I'd hate to spend the money only to have a crap signal. I'd gladly spend the less amount on the X31's if the signal doesn't interfere.[/QUOTE]

I bought the X41 to replace my X4 but since I had problems with the X41 I went back to the X4.

Had X1's for years and wanted to upgrade to a surround sound headset. Bought the X41's and they hissed, cracked and popped so much they gave me a headache. I tried everything the TB CS said to do my router is 45' away, the Xbox (wired to internet) is 3' away and the transmitter was 2' away from me. No matter what I did, moved, changed it only got marginally better. I felt bad because I had recomended them to many of my friends but they do not seem to have this bad a problem with them. Some had to replace the wire for the chat to make it better but even that did not fix my problem. I don't think there would have been much difference with the X31's.

Returned the X41's and got the X11's and I like them much better. Now TB has a DSS for sale that will make the X11's and the X31's surround sound. I will be getting that next. Wired will always work better.

[quote name='Tropicat']Had X1's for years and wanted to upgrade to a surround sound headset. Bought the X41's and they hissed, cracked and popped so much they gave me a headache. I tried everything the TB CS said to do my router is 45' away, the Xbox (wired to internet) is 3' away and the transmitter was 2' away from me. No matter what I did, moved, changed it only got marginally better. I felt bad because I had recomended them to many of my friends but they do not seem to have this bad a problem with them. Some had to replace the wire for the chat to make it better but even that did not fix my problem. I don't think there would have been much difference with the X31's.

Returned the X41's and got the X11's and I like them much better. Now TB has a DSS for sale that will make the X11's and the X31's surround sound. I will be getting that next. Wired will always work better.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I'll look into the X11's. How do they connect? To your controller or to the 360?

bread's done
Back