Earth Defense Force 2017 - Gen. Discussion & Info

shaunLEGEND

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Hey has anyone heard if this game is coming to the US?

I was watching Gamespot's internet show (See ya Greg Kasavin:cry:), and this game was featured and I must have it.

All that's featured on gamespot are preview impressions, but they never mention if it's coming to the US or not.

Haven't heard much good about it so you're not missing out much. I would rather see "Senko no Rondo Rev. X" or almost ANY other import 360 game based on that.

I wish I could find the links, but im pretty sure it was confirmed to be coming in the spring.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I hope so, since it would mean that Oneechenbara X would be comming here probably.[/QUOTE]

Wait, wait. If SHIT like "Onichenbara X" comes out here I think it's sensible that something as mainstream and deeper like "Tokyo Xtreme Racer X". I still don't get the lack of a release date for Sylpheed unless I missed it.

[quote name='Sarang01']Haven't heard much good about it so you're not missing out much. I would rather see "Senko no Rondo Rev. X" or almost ANY other import 360 game based on that.[/QUOTE]
Huh? the PS2 version of Earth Defense Force easily have one of the best co-op mode of all time.

D3 said maybe, but it probably will. Other than that game they're making with Digital Extremes, they don't really have anything to publish for 360. They could probably easily come over here for $30, since they're basically glossed over budget titles.

[quote name='akilshohen']D3 said maybe, but it probably will. Other than that game they're making with Digital Extremes, they don't really have anything to publish for 360. They could probably easily come over here for $30, since they're basically glossed over budget titles.[/QUOTE]
They were full price games in Japan.

I swear I saw it confirmed to be coming over here with the title 'Earth Defense Force 2017'.

Thanks everyone for the replies! At least with preorder listings it means the publishers at least talked about bringing it to market in the US, so I can remain positive about that.

/prays to gaming gods to bring Earth Defense Force here

I saw something on Game Head a few monthsback mentioning that they were brining it to the US.. I can't wait.. Looks like a great game.. I wish i would have been able to try the PS2 version.

i also cannot wait. both for earth defense force and onesomethingcowgirlswithbikinis X. sylpheed too. lucky ass japan always getting the good games. this feels like the ps2 all over again.

[quote name='stainremover']i also cannot wait. both for earth defense force and onesomethingcowgirlswithbikinis X. sylpheed too. lucky ass japan always getting the good games. this feels like the ps2 all over again.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? When I've been told "Onichambata X" is a shallow Hack N' Slash I really think comments like these are insulting when you consider games like "Spectral Force 3: Innocent Rage", " Tengai Makyo Ziria: East Of Eden" and "Senko no Rondo Rev. X".

I have it reserved and I am picking it up. It looks like a fun cappy "B" movie co-op game with lots of weapons and mayhem.

I want to support these types of games from Japan so we can get more of them to cross over to the states. I also purchased Bullet Witch but have yet to give it a try because I am loving Crackdown at the moment. I am planning on giving Bullet Witch a spin after I finish up with Crackdown.

I just watched the trailer on XBL, and it has one of the coolest lines ever. "They came in a mothership. They'll leave in a body bag." Hilarious XD

Anyway, I'll be picking it up. It's made by Sandlot, and they made Robot Alchemic Drive. One of my favorite games.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I just watched the trailer on XBL, and it has one of the coolest lines ever. "They came in a mothership. They'll leave in a body bag." Hilarious XD[/QUOTE]

I laugh to myself everytime I think of that!!

Played quite a bit of it. Game's okay; probably a 6 out of 10 (I didn't assign a score). The levels are kind of cool with almost total destructibility, but the whole feel is like some old Dreamcast game -- bad localization, stiff movement, and arcade feel. Tons of levels and I like finding new weapons, but it's definitely a budget title. It doesn't mess up much, but it doesn't try too hard, either. And it's cheesy.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Played quite a bit of it. Game's okay; probably a 6 out of 10 (I didn't assign a score). The levels are kind of cool with almost total destructibility, but the whole feel is like some old Dreamcast game -- bad localization, stiff movement, and arcade feel. Tons of levels and I like finding new weapons, but it's definitely a budget title. It doesn't mess up much, but it doesn't try too hard, either. And it's cheesy.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like exactly what I want. Especially the cheese. It sounds just like Robot Alchemic Drive.

Yeah this game is definitely not going to be for everyone. I'm not expecting any reviews higher than 7.

I personally can't wait to go pick it up later on.

[quote name='CAG 79']This game is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that. I probably won't get to play this until later this evening.

[quote name='CAG 79']This game is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Great News! Picked up my copy during lunch today and I am looking forward to playing this weekend. I am trying to get through Enchanted Arms first.

I wish games like this would just spend 6-8 months longer in development to get a little more polish. I always am so interested but I know the technical/control issues will make me forget about it before I finish the game and regret my purchase. I've been burned by too many niche japanese games in the past.

Maybe I'll give it a rental.

This game is like... if the dollar store sold 360 games.

(That might be why I bought it, though -- I have a thing for bootleg action figures, and the cover art enchanted the shit out of me.)

I'm having an absolute blast with this, it's really, really fun. It's not the best game I've ever played (not even close) but I imagine this game will get a lot of in-between game playtime, so much mindless fun.

I want to pick this one up as well. From all the vids I've seen and hearing people talk about it on various forums and such, it sounds like its right up my alley. I'll have to bust some trade ins though-- For some reason 40 bucks is still a little too much.

We shall see.

bread's done
Back