Earth Defense Force: Insect Armegeddon $14.50 FREE SHIP

habloc

CAGiversary!
Just noticed this on Bestbuy when buying NMH2 thanks to another CAG thread.

I've been itching to play this game since I loved the first one and $15 was my trigger point on this game. Hope it's as good as the first!!

:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50

*EDIT*
Argh!!! .50 cents cheaper then when I ordered! Maybe they will price adjust my order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the PS3 version show as a pre-order with a release date of 7/5/2011 for anyone else? I ordered it on Monday when the deal went up and even the receipt shows it as a pre-order for last July. The other things I ordered at the same time are all normal. It's just EDF that's weird. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it shows up in the package.

If you're buying the PS3 version, just be aware that you shoot with R2 instead of the usual R1 button. It might not be that big of an issue for you, but it's annoying if you don't have RealTriggers. Otherwise, great price if you're looking to shoot up some bugs.

Such a good game, anyone who doesn't own this already would be crazy not to buy at this price. One of the best co-op experiences I've had in a long time

[quote name='darkchild81']Thanks OP, picked up a PS3 copy. $15.62 after tax. I just hope i get it before July 5, 2011.[/QUOTE]

WIN
:beer:

Wanted this so bad Black Friday for $20 but I passed. At $15.41 after tax this is too good to pass up! Thanks OP! Now to convince my friends who have never played EDF to get it

[quote name='fsckit']Does the PS3 version show as a pre-order with a release date of 7/5/2011 for anyone else? I ordered it on Monday when the deal went up and even the receipt shows it as a pre-order for last July. The other things I ordered at the same time are all normal. It's just EDF that's weird. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it shows up in the package.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I ordered a 360 version for my dad and the PS3 one for me and the PS3 shows as a preorder. Hopefully I get it.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i wish this was the 2017 game, found one of these instore today but couldn't bite.[/QUOTE]

I've played both and imo IA is a step up from 2017

Ordered one for each platform, the 360 version is waiting for store pickup, PS3 version is preordered for July 2011 release (as others mentioned), yay?

[quote name='technicalstylez']i wish this was the 2017 game, found one of these instore today but couldn't bite.[/QUOTE]

They've granted that wish for a while now. Best Buy has EDF:2017 used for $14.99 w/free shipping. I know nothing of their used game policies, but this is a good price for a rare game.

I went to BB yesterday to pick this up and literally had it in my hand before deciding to put it back on the shelf. I was planning to get another game with it that was marked up suspiciously so i called it quits.

I'm still extremely undecided on EDF IA. There seems to be a 50-50 split between 2017 and IA as the better game. It appears that 2017 was local co-op only whereas IA has XBL co-op. However, watching youtube videos, it seems like 2017 was far more crazy than IA is.

I just can't decide if I should bite or not, especially since I can't get any buddies to get it too after the backlog we've all created w/ new deals like Bulletstorm.

[quote name='zuldane']Such a good game, anyone who doesn't own this already would be crazy not to buy at this price. One of the best co-op experiences I've had in a long time[/QUOTE]

Is it any good solo? Haven't played anything in the series yet. Thinking about grabbing this one for $15+tax.

Waiting for $10 price point :) My would be coop partner is even cheaper than me - I'll probably have to buy two copies lol.

[quote name='fsckit']Does the PS3 version show as a pre-order with a release date of 7/5/2011 for anyone else? I ordered it on Monday when the deal went up and even the receipt shows it as a pre-order for last July. The other things I ordered at the same time are all normal. It's just EDF that's weird. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it shows up in the package.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I got a confirmation email, but nothing about shipping. I know Amazon emails you to tell you the thing has been shipped, is Best Buy the same?

This thread got a decent amount of traffic but give some credit to Cheapy for the original thread where this was posted;)

[quote name='mickleohb']I'm in the same boat. I got a confirmation email, but nothing about shipping. I know Amazon emails you to tell you the thing has been shipped, is Best Buy the same?[/QUOTE]

Same here. No shipment for my PS3 copy even though I saw it in store marked $14.50 tonight. I was tempted to just get it there and cancel my order but I know if I tried it probably wouldn't let me. And yeah, they do send shipment emails out - they just aren't acting on these for some reason (maybe because of the "preorder" glitch).

Sure enough, I can't cancel it and it says shipping in 0-1 days. But it said the same thing 3 days ago too.

They also have yet to ship my $199.99 360 holiday bundle either though they did send me a strange email saying that they were working on getting it shipped soon. WTF!?

On the other hand, I have gotten some other games I ordered on BF from them already - so not sure why they are being slow on these things. I mean, EDF for $14.50 is hardly a bargain bin selling out quickly type of price - it can't be a stock issue.

[quote name='io']They also have yet to ship my $199.99 360 holiday bundle either though they did send me a strange email saying that they were working on getting it shipped soon. WTF!?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got that message as well about how my item is "almost ready" to ship, and they are "putting the finishing touches on my order". Just ship it already and send a confirmation e-mail :roll:

If BB was still running that Buy 2 Used games $19.99 or more, get $10 off or GC or whatever it was, I'd get both EDF games...but for now I might stick with 2017 since I've heard better stuff about it.

[quote name='zuldane']Such a good game, anyone who doesn't own this already would be crazy not to buy at this price. One of the best co-op experiences I've had in a long time[/QUOTE]

Thanks... I missed the price drop.

Pisses me off 1) Amazon's "lightning" deal was $20 and I bit only because it can be a Christmas present 2) last year this would have been $15 at Amazon and Best Buy would have been $25 or $30.

[quote name='turls']Pisses me off 1) Amazon's "lightning" deal was $20 and I bit only because it can be a Christmas present 2) last year this would have been $15 at Amazon and Best Buy would have been $25 or $30.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to 2011, the year in which every Amazon deal gets bested by 5 bucks or more somewhere else. Every purchase I made from Amazon since Black Friday has been offered up for at least 5 dollars cheaper somewhere else. The only good news is I bitched about it to Amazon and they gave me a a nice sized gift card for my troubles. The squeaky hinge gets the oil, lol.

As for Insect Armegeddon, this is actually one game I would pass up for 14.99. Nowhere even close to being as good as the original and WAY WAY too short.

Yeah, waiting for the other shoe to drop on Resistance 3, unless somebody already had that cheaper than $30 and I missed it.

[quote name='io']Same here. No shipment for my PS3 copy even though I saw it in store marked $14.50 tonight. I was tempted to just get it there and cancel my order but I know if I tried it probably wouldn't let me. And yeah, they do send shipment emails out - they just aren't acting on these for some reason (maybe because of the "preorder" glitch).

Sure enough, I can't cancel it and it says shipping in 0-1 days. But it said the same thing 3 days ago too.

They also have yet to ship my $199.99 360 holiday bundle either though they did send me a strange email saying that they were working on getting it shipped soon. WTF!?

On the other hand, I have gotten some other games I ordered on BF from them already - so not sure why they are being slow on these things. I mean, EDF for $14.50 is hardly a bargain bin selling out quickly type of price - it can't be a stock issue.[/QUOTE]

Probably safer to pick it up in the store if you see it. Online orders can be returned to the stores if the order does ship out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...es/pcmcat204400050022.c?id=pcmcat204400050022

My local store only had 1 copy for PS3 (which I bought) and 3 for 360. The tag on the placard still said the normal price, but it rang up at $14.50.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Welcome to 2011, the year in which every Amazon deal gets bested by 5 bucks or more somewhere else. Every purchase I made from Amazon since Black Friday has been offered up for at least 5 dollars cheaper somewhere else. The only good news is I bitched about it to Amazon and they gave me a a nice sized gift card for my troubles. The squeaky hinge gets the oil, lol.

As for Insect Armegeddon, this is actually one game I would pass up for 14.99. Nowhere even close to being as good as the original and WAY WAY too short.[/QUOTE]

And with Amazon.....the squeaky hinge also gets the ban-hammer!

Pretty lousy compared to the original and the original was charming but not that good either. EDF:IA loses the charm and replaces it with nothing. I do not recommend at all.

And yes, somehow adding a jetpack to EDF DID NOT make it awesome. I do not understand how this failed either.

I'm so tapped out because of Black Friday.... someone push me over the edge to get this because I've always been curious about this game. :)

I was a huge fan of Serious Sam for the PC and the remake on the 360. But the 360 version didn't have splitscreen mode. The setup we wanted was this: 1 person on console a, 2 people on console b, and the 4th person online. But the Serious Sam remakes only allowed 1 person per console.

so can this have splitscreen and online co-op (preferably both together)? also system link?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Pretty lousy compared to the original and the original was charming but not that good either. EDF:IA loses the charm and replaces it with nothing. I do not recommend at all.

And yes, somehow adding a jetpack to EDF DID NOT make it awesome. I do not understand how this failed either.[/QUOTE]

I had heard how great the EDF 2017 was on 360, so I tried this game and I have to agree it just has no charm and is a pretty crappy game overall. And seriously, how do you make a jet pack not fun at all? Anyways, "value" games are what they are, crap for the most part and this game was as well. Boring.

[quote name='KryllFood']
I'm still extremely undecided on EDF IA. There seems to be a 50-50 split between 2017 and IA as the better game. It appears that 2017 was local co-op only whereas IA has XBL co-op. However, watching youtube videos, it seems like 2017 was far more crazy than IA is.
[/QUOTE]

2017 was a much better game overall. It had way more personality and charm, for one. But more importantly, it's just more fun to play and grind. The grinding in IA just feels like work as the numbers for leveling up, etc. are astronomical. Large enemies also take far too long to kill. The game ends with a complete anticlimax, too.

On the other hand, it does have online play and Achievements you can be relatively assured you'll get if you play it for a million years or so. if only those features had simply been added to the original game.

The awful ending to EDF:IA actually is extended if you beat it on higher difficulties into something that is stupid as hell but at least an ACTUAL ending.

Of course, that requires that you beat EDF:IA twice more and it wasn't worth your time the FIRST time. Just Youtube it.

[quote name='wrencrest']I had heard how great the EDF 2017 was on 360, so I tried this game and I have to agree it just has no charm and is a pretty crappy game overall. And seriously, how do you make a jet pack not fun at all? Anyways, "value" games are what they are, crap for the most part and this game was as well. Boring.[/QUOTE]
I really liked EDF2017 but holy carp do people oversell it like they were on commission. Some games just get the internet folks by the gonads and EDF2017 is definitely one.

Yeah, it looks like the PS3 copy I 'pre-ordered' for in-store pickup is showing as a pre-order (believe it or not) not available to pick up until 07.05.11! This is probably going to screw up my $10 e-card for $100 order, as well.

I just got off the phone with Best Buy. They apparently didn't know about the "Pre-order" status of the game. So they said they would make a case, look into it, and change the status. They also gave me a case number to check up on my personal order. But they said the game should ship by 12/5 at the latest. So hopefully it will.

I tried to see if I could pickup the game at a local store, but apparently they couldn't do that. I shouldn't have been so lazy and just drove over and bought it. :/

bread's done
Back