earthbound zero WTF

yeah i recall playing an english rom of it. I think its legitimate. He offered to sell it to me privately but, I couldn't even guess its value and he wanted an offer instead of just giving me price..

The game itself is legit, the english translation i'm not so sure..

*clicks link*

Yeah, it was never released stateside.. I dunno if that's a bootleg copy or what.

This is definitely a bootleg. The game *was* fully-translated, but never released here. Later on, a ROM of that official translation was leaked, and that's what's floating around the internet today. Still, this is not the real thing.

[quote name='coolcps']i forget, but is the nes version much different from the snes one, or is the snes one just a remake?[/QUOTE]
Mostly new, with similar ideas borrowed from the original.

There was 1-2 prototype carts of the US NTSC version floating around IIRC but I find it highly unlikely this is one of them - with the pretty label and all.

:lol:
"Q: Hi, does this game play in english text? Thanks.
A: Yes the game plays completely in English. It's the NTSC version of the game."

NTSC is the video aspect. Japan is also NTSC.

I read that whole articule ...snore. to be honest it just made me feel worse about not buying it. Ok, so the articule confirmed the possible existence of one prototype why not more ? I can't really argue anyway since the guy who was auctioning it was iffy.

[quote name='gizmogc']Never heard of flashcarts?[/QUOTE]

NES doesn't have flashcarts. There's too many mappers that would need to be supported that flash carts haven't been made. That doesn't mean, however, that someone hasn't found a game with the same mapper used as the Earthbound ROM and made their own flashcart like device.

[quote name='piscian18']I read that whole articule ...snore. to be honest it just made me feel worse about not buying it. Ok, so the articule confirmed the possible existence of one prototype why not more ? I can't really argue anyway since the guy who was auctioning it was iffy.[/QUOTE]
Do you not get it?

There was one prototype. There are pictures of it. This is not it. No label like that was never made. Someone took the ROM that was on the internet (which is from the legit copy), and put it on a cartridge, not difficult. Now, I wouldn't mind paying $2 for that, but thats all it is. Its not authentic. No prototype has such a pretty label.

[quote name='Genocidal']NES doesn't have flashcarts. There's too many mappers that would need to be supported that flash carts haven't been made. That doesn't mean, however, that someone hasn't found a game with the same mapper used as the Earthbound ROM and made their own flashcart like device.[/QUOTE]
You can easily put a rom into a NES cart, but you're right, the 'donor' cart needs to have the same mapper. But its frequently done, Earthbound Zero and the Final Fantasy 1+2 unreleased English prototype are the most commonly done. People sell these all the time, usually without trying to decieve anyone into thinking that its the real thing.

man thats pretty cool but, I can't can afford 30 bucks for any nes game. unless its that olympic game that goes on ebay for 11,000 dollars , I would pay thirty for that.

[quote name='piscian18']man thats pretty cool but, I can't can afford 30 bucks for any nes game. unless its that olympic game that goes on ebay for 11,000 dollars , I would pay thirty for that.[/QUOTE]

But you said in your OP that you wish you placed a bid when you had the chance. Now you have a chance to buy it for $30. Or did you actually expect to get it for less than that?

I'm sure that guy can make you a reproduction of that "olympic" game also for $30.

I'm seriously considering getting that and the FF games from this guy its just not my top priority right now.

yeah, I just meant considering no one else bid it would have been a steal.

[quote name='norkusa']This is a homebrew. A guy over at Digital Press made it. He takes roms of unreleased NES games and translated Famicom games and sells them in cartridge form on his site for $30-$35 each. Does great work too:

http://www.nesreproductions.com/[/QUOTE]

Those are pretty damn cool actually. I'm quite interested in playing the Labyrinth game, as it was one of my favorite movies. Anyone know a site that has a rom of labyrinth? I used to use Nesticle, oh so many moons ago, but I haven't dl'd an emulator or any roms in a long, long time.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Those are pretty damn cool actually. I'm quite interested in playing the Labyrinth game, as it was one of my favorite movies. Anyone know a site that has a rom of labyrinth? I used to use Nesticle, oh so many moons ago, but I haven't dl'd an emulator or any roms in a long, long time.[/QUOTE]

I've got the ROM on my hd. I don't think it's translated though. If you want me to send it to you, PM me with your email address.

bread's done
Back