Earthworm Jim HD FREE on Xbla with Japanese Account

[quote name='Diebythesword']My PvsZ doesn't work anymore on my new Slim, anyone else have that problem? (Since we are on the topic of free games from different countries)[/QUOTE]

If you downloaded it on another xbox, the game is tied to the console and the account that "purchased" it. If that's the case, the game is going to fail the console check because its a new console and the account check since you're probably not using the account you downloaded it with to play it. If it doesn't work on the foreign account, disregard everything I just posted and replace it with idk:D

[quote name='Diebythesword']My PvsZ doesn't work anymore on my new Slim, anyone else have that problem? (Since we are on the topic of free games from different countries)[/QUOTE]

when u tried to play the game, was your account online or offline?
if it requires your account to be online, then perhaps a license transfer might fix the problem.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

[quote name='marineal']so, if my xbox is out of free gold accounts, i won't be able to download it right?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much..yep.

Worked for me and my buddy. Might try it on my girlfriend's Xbox in a minute; thanks OP.

Also, didn't check for any themes or stuff like that, but the Japan marketplace has some demos that we don't have (as far as I know). Ones I saw are: Magna Carta 2, Resonance of Fate, Neir, King of Fighters XII, Zegapain, and what looks to be 3-4 Japanese dating sims, but I skipped those being that I don't speak Japanese.

Some of the ones I listed are under different names, but if you go to the demo section listed by letter (or symbol) and scroll ALL the way to the right choosing the one that has 3 characters instead of just one, it will show all the demos on the marketplace.

Edit:

Resonance of Fate is called End of Eternity, and Neir is Neir Gestalt. There is also a motorcycle racing game that looks similar to MotoGP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, thx OP!

It should be game #208 in the "titles a - z" section (when looking for games by first letter of title, choose the last option which is to look through the entire list of games, from a - z...it should be #208). Or if you cant find it, look through the top downloaded section for xbla games...it was somewhere towards the bottom when I looked (like #638 or something out of almost 800 games).

[quote name='marineal']so, if my xbox is out of free gold accounts, i won't be able to download it right?[/QUOTE]

hmm is there a link that says how many free gold accounts an 360 console is supposed to have?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I used a month of gold card and did not work. This is a bummer since i never use this account... Oh well wasted a month worth of live for nothing.

There are some nice exclusive to japan and uk stuff so it is always nice to check them. The uk has the uk exclusive only batman AA map pack for free to! I dig the free theme of avatar on the japan side as well. I also dig the gi joe free theme and picture pack that is free. I been collecting the neat freebies from uk and japan for about 3-4 months now. They even put out demos early at times before the us does. Hell the uk has a sweet demo like the olympics i loved the bow and arrow part of it alot.[/QUOTE]

I can't get earthworm but the batman challenge maps are a nice consolation prize for me, thanks! Any other interesting freebies you've noticed?

[quote name='basis']hmm is there a link that says how many free gold accounts an 360 console is supposed to have?[/QUOTE]

And I assume the deal ends at the end of the DotW period.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Sweet, thx OP!

It should be game #208 in the "titles a - z" section (when looking for games by first letter of title, choose the last option which is to look through the entire list of games, from a - z...it should be #208). Or if you cant find it, look through the top downloaded section for xbla games...it was somewhere towards the bottom when I looked (like #638 or something out of almost 800 games).[/QUOTE]

Even easier, go to the first "letter" or symbol, and it's the first game listed there.

[quote name='gordojones88']この取引は終了した時点で終了します。.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Yeah, I followed the instructions from the article on Destructoid and it worked. Thank you! :D Now I need to try and get those Batman maps :D

[quote name='Sdawg']If you downloaded it on another xbox, the game is tied to the console and the account that "purchased" it. If that's the case, the game is going to fail the console check because its a new console and the account check since you're probably not using the account you downloaded it with to play it. If it doesn't work on the foreign account, disregard everything I just posted and replace it with idk:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='basis']when u tried to play the game, was your account online or offline?
if it requires your account to be online, then perhaps a license transfer might fix the problem.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home[/QUOTE]

I definitely bought it on an older model, but it still works on my Slim on the Taiwan account, but when I sign in to my main one it reads as a trial.

I've had my Japanese account for awhile now so it's been Silver for a long time. The game shows up as $10.

I'm gonna get my friend to make a new Japanese account so we can get this game!

Yay free stuffz, man seeing the dashboard in Japanese was some trip, had to keep cycling through menus to find the game but I got there eventually.

[quote name='Meeza']Yay free stuffz, man seeing the dashboard in Japanese was some trip, had to keep cycling through menus to find the game but I got there eventually.[/QUOTE]

It sounds almost as confusing/difficult as trying to figure out where XBUSA re-hides the Indie games section on us each week.

[quote name='lolwut?']Even easier, go to the first "letter" or symbol, and it's the first game listed there.[/QUOTE]

Naturally that was the first thing I had done, for I am not a moron... I looked under the first "letter" and could not find it, so I had to look under the "all titles" option at the end. Figured that since it did not show up under the first "letter" on my dash that others may have the same issue...therefore I posted what I did.

...or else what would have been the point of my post... :drool:

[quote name='lolwut?']to get the free Plants Vs Zombies[/QUOTE]

wait, so there have been other region specific games free?? I thought the only free region specific XBLA game was Hexic 2 and you needed a Korean account? How often are there free games like this then?!?

Also, why hasn't this been moved to "Contests & Free Stuff". I'm not complaining cause I would have probably missed this if it wasn't under Deals, but still I would think someone would have by now.

Awesome, I saw mention of them having it for free earlier but didn't think of being able to download it through a JP account until this thread.

Watched some of their video content too while on it, must say watching a cute Japanese girl playing Kinect makes for better videos than what we get with Trixie360...

[quote name='Hibiki Rush']Awesome, I saw mention of them having it for free earlier but didn't think of being able to download it through a JP account until this thread.

Watched some of their video content too while on it, must say watching a cute Japanese girl playing Kinect makes for better videos than what we get with Trixie360...[/QUOTE]

what is the reason they got it for free?

So does anyone know if you can go ahead and delete the profile after this? I'm assuming no, but the fact that it defaulted a name of "BrawlingObject5" and it's now at the top of my list when signing in.

[quote name='clickpow']what is the reason they got it for free?[/QUOTE]

No clue... I imagine some sort of loyalty promo. 360/XBL aren't the hottest thing around over there...

[quote name='ExplodingRat']So does anyone know if you can go ahead and delete the profile after this? I'm assuming no, but the fact that it defaulted a name of "BrawlingObject5" and it's now at the top of my list when signing in.[/QUOTE]

Also wondering this. Logging out today I realized I have some ex's profiles on there too -_-

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']There are some nice exclusive to japan and uk stuff so it is always nice to check them....I dig the free theme of avatar on the japan side as well. I also dig the gi joe free theme and picture pack that is free.[/QUOTE]
Are either of those themes premium?

[quote name='guyver2077']once you dl.. are you then able to use your regular us account to play the game?[/QUOTE]

Yes it's tied to the console so it still shows up on your game list.

Well I got my Japanese account with 1 free month of Gold, I see that Earthworm Jim is free, but when I try to download it it just gives me Status Code errors.

*Sigh*

Please work! Please work!

Top this off with the fact that Microsoft automatically gave my Japanese account a very suggestive name that might break the ToS as soon as I signed it up, saying I could change it once for free after the sign-up. It's trying to charge the GT to change it =/

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Well I got my Japanese account with 1 free month of Gold, I see that Earthworm Jim is free, but when I try to download it it just gives me Status Code errors.

*Sigh*

Please work! Please work!

Top this off with the fact that Microsoft automatically gave my Japanese account a very suggestive name that might break the ToS as soon as I signed it up, saying I could change it once for free after the sign-up. It's trying to charge the GT to change it =/[/QUOTE]

I'm running into the same problem, I found it but can't download due to error codes :/

[quote name='meatwad3000']I'm running into the same problem, I found it but can't download due to error codes :/[/QUOTE]
I looked up the error code it gave me and apparently it's the error you receive when trying to download some content, but the offer has changed since you last downloaded Marketplace info. In other words, the "free Earthworm Jim" thing must have been a mistake and they must have raised the price back up.

I was told to clear the system cache and restart the system and it should fix itself. I've done so 4 times already and it says it is still free and gives me errors every single time.

Looks like I missed out on this deal :cry: Hopefully it will still be free and work by the time I get home in about 2 hours. *crosses fingers*

I went to the japanese mirror of the xbox.com site and logged in with the japanese account and it says the game is 400 mspoints discounted from 800 though it could be due to the fact it's detecting my american IP address.

[quote name='meatwad3000']I went to the japanese mirror of the xbox.com site and logged in with the japanese account and it says the game is 400 mspoints discounted from 800 though it could be due to the fact it's detecting my american IP address.[/QUOTE]
I thought the same, so I had signed out of my American GT and signed in with the Japanese one. Before it let me, it wanted me to verify the email. It sent a verification email to the email address I used. When I tried to sign into it, it said the email didn't exist?

I then remade the email address and re-sent the verification email a few times but have received nothing, so I can't even sign into the Xbox homepage on my Japanese account.

*CONFIRMED DEAD*

just signed on to my 360 to see if it was still up for free but now it's advertised as 400 mspoints on my japanese acct.

grats to all who managed to get in before the fix.

Awwww, just a little too late. Oh well. I got in on the Fable II thing last month, so no complaints here.

As meatwad said, congrats to those who made it in.

awesome, glad I got in b4 fix. I had checked it later, and saw it said 400 points, I just assumed that was because I was at the time viewing it with my US account (via xbox.com)

bread's done
Back