easiest way to get the 110% PM at BB or CC?

chrishicks

CAGiversary!
for some reason I can never get them to honor the 110% PM guarentee. what exactly do I need to do? do I have to buy the game 1st then immediately go back around and do a PM? everytime time I go to buy a game at either store when I ask for a PM all I ever get is an exact price PM. so if a game is on sale for 19.99 at CC and I go to BB they only match it and don't add the extra 10%. same thing with CC. what exactly do I do?

In my experience, CC is usually pretty good about the extra 10%. With BB, I have to buy it first, then go back, and make sure to ask for the 110% of the difference. Of course, then the CEO of BB will hunt you down and kill you.

ok, here are the 2 games I'm looking at getting:

1. Red Dead Revolver -PS2
2. Driv3r -PS2

each game is on sale at BB for 19.99 but are 29.99(Driv3r) and 39.99(RDR) at CC.

so if I pay full price for these at CC what should I get these games for afterwards? usually they always just give me back exactly what I overpaid.

by the way, are these 2 games worth the price? the X-Box versions are still the high priced compared to this.

Chris, from reviews I've read, Red Dead Revolver is slightly below average and Driv3r is a piece of unfiinished crap. Then again, they are just reviews.

[quote name='bbfinster']Chris, from reviews I've read, Red Dead Revolver is slightly below average and Driv3r is a piece of unfiinished crap. Then again, they are just reviews.[/quote]

On Driv3r, I'd probably say that's correct, considering the game has recieved nothing but scathing reviews, and the price is plummeting faster than Ron Artest's chances of an appeal to reinstate. (topical!)

As for Red Dead, i'd say this is actually still worth 30, definitely not 50, and 40's pushing it.

It's unpolished, but it's inventive, and accurate, especially when sniping. Not to mention a fascinating take on getting mulbiple stories to align.

Here's the stores I know that do a PM+

CC - They give you 10% of the difference at the time of purchase. If they aren't doing it, call them on it and even read their policy to them if they still don't understand. (Keep in mind if the diff is $5, you only get $0.50 extra off, and that the price on the sticker is often not the price in their system.)

BB - Does not give any extra off at time of purchase. You have to return with your full priced receipt and then you get the difference + 10% of the difference. Generally not worth the bother IMO. Although my BB claims they will PM to after rebate prices so that would save you some hassle. Note that I haven't actually attempted this yet.

CompUSA - Takes an additional $1 off at time of purchase if the competitor's price is lower. This can sometimes be better than 10%, sometimes not as good.

Sears - 10% of the difference at time of purchase.

Those are the main stores I know of that do PMs + extras and how they work. If anyone knows of others please feel free to add on.

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='javeryh']ask for it - it's 10% of the difference though so it's probably not even woth it...[/quote]

not worth it? wait...you must be on www.sortacheapassgamer.com[/quote]

hahaha - although it may look like that to the untrained eye, my time is actually worth more than a couple of pennies so by the time I got the manager over explained the situation and had him ring me up I'd actually be losing money. Aside from a few rare instances, there's usually no more than a 5 to 10 dollar difference between stores that PM. Therefore, if it takes more than a minute to ask and get the PM (based on my time being worth way more than $60/hr.), I'm in the red.

[quote name='wubb']BB - Does not give any extra off at time of purchase. You have to return with your full priced receipt and then you get the difference + 10% of the difference. Generally not worth the bother IMO. Although my BB claims they will PM to after rebate prices so that would save you some hassle. Note that I haven't actually attempted this yet.[/quote]

Whereas CC goes to beat prices by 10% of the difference, Best Buy will only match prices no matter what the situation, or so I have been told by BB management when I was in there this past weekend.

[quote name='chrishicks']ok, here are the 2 games I'm looking at getting:

1. Red Dead Revolver -PS2
2. Driv3r -PS2

each game is on sale at BB for 19.99 but are 29.99(Driv3r) and 39.99(RDR) at CC.

so if I pay full price for these at CC what should I get these games for afterwards? usually they always just give me back exactly what I overpaid.

by the way, are these 2 games worth the price? the X-Box versions are still the high priced compared to this.[/quote]

if you got a BB around you and dont mind Disc only check there first. The one here in fort wayne has both Driver 3 and Red dead for 9.99 each DISC ONLY. and you get a 3rd game free (b2g1free)

well I ended up picking up 2 of the GGC and put 15.00 on each. went back through and picked up both games for 31.xx. good thing I read about the gift card here earlier today since it worked out better than a PM.

I did notice that they didn't have many of the $5 of of 19.99 cards left. most of them were $5 of 29.99 and up. I think I'm going to hit another BB over the weekend to see if I can find a few more.

by the way, have I said how much I love this place for helping me save money? :)

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='javeryh']ask for it - it's 10% of the difference though so it's probably not even woth it...[/quote]

not worth it? wait...you must be on www.sortacheapassgamer.com[/quote]

hahaha - although it may look like that to the untrained eye, my time is actually worth more than a couple of pennies so by the time I got the manager over explained the situation and had him ring me up I'd actually be losing money. Aside from a few rare instances, there's usually no more than a 5 to 10 dollar difference between stores that PM. Therefore, if it takes more than a minute to ask and get the PM (based on my time being worth way more than $60/hr.), I'm in the red.[/quote]

OMG that was a pompus gay quote....Oh wait I just lost 30 cents saying that!!! OMG!!

Dont write a responce and save the 50 cents and call someone who cares.

bread's done
Back