East Bound and Down - Sundays on HBO

MisterModest

CAGiversary!
I saw a leaked pilot for this show months ago, and never heard about it again, but I just found out it debuts TONIGHT, at 10:30pm, on HBO...

21051.jpg

East Bound and Down~!

East Bound and Down is a forthcoming show from HBO, starring Danny McBride as Kenny, a former professional baseball pitcher, who after a disappointing career is forced to return to his hometown middle-school as a substitute physical education teacher. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay received an order for six episodes for the first season from HBO. The series is being produced by Will Ferrell's production company, Gary Sanchez Productions. The show will premier on February 15th, 2009, at 10:30pm, and will air day-and-date in Canada on HBO Canada.
The pilot was so fucking funny. It's like an R-rated Talladega Nights sitcom.

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']I am SOOOOOO tired of seeing internet ads for this show.....[/quote]
Yeah, I saw a teaser or trailer or something and wasn't impressed. You've got to sell the white trashness if you're going to make it funny. Talladega nights was only funny because of how over the top Will Ferrel played it. This guy, not so much. Maybe if he yelled "Big fucking Titties" more often.

I saw the leaked pilot. Show is awesome. "You're fucking out!" "What's this kids name fuckin shrek?"

and, yeah, Talladega Nights sucked I thought.

I love Danny McBride! I will watch this shortly...I found a leaked copy from last July. HBO usually delivers the goods on tv shows I like with few exceptions.

I loved it. Nothing like Talladega Nights. I will continue to watch it...it can only get better.

"Where the fuck is that dude going? It's only 1st period."

I think it's pretty fun, I love his random outbreaks and what not. Too bad only 6 episodes were issued and so far no announcement of a new season.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']Too bad only 6 episodes were issued and so far no announcement of a new season.[/quote]

HBO doesn't like to give ratings info though. That's why I worry some of the shows they cancel claiming "nobody watched it" could be total bullshit. Most they'll do is an ego stroking commercial campaign if ratings are through the roof, like with The Sopranos or Entourage.

bread's done
Back