EAStore 30% off PC Downloadable games

If this is using DigitalRiver(i think EA store still uses that) then remember that this is NOT like Steam where you have unlimited downloads.

You get like 6 months or you can pay for 2 years. After that, you're screwed.

I love how they have games in their list (Left 4 Dead) that don't have the discount.

Is it 30% off PC games or not?

And jump on it now if you are interested, EA Store is notorious for stopping their deals early.

Source

Fine print:

Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. Valid for in-stock titles that have been released for over 30 days only. Digital Titles Only. Discount is valid only on purchases from the EA STORE at www.eastore.ea.com. This offer expires on 11/30/09 and cannot be combined with any other offer, Gift Card, rebate, or other discount coupons. Valid only in U.S., CANADA. Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling, and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold, or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors, and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.

Added bold.

[quote name='matthewrex']Ugh, I love how they don't have Crysis Maximum Edition available for download! :p[/QUOTE]

They do...just not one of the "selected" titles on discount...

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/...=ea&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=110510400

Not going to lie though, these prices are pretty meh, considering you can pick most of these up in-store for not only about the same price, or in some cases cheaper, but you have the PHYSICAL disc, in case you decide you want to share it with someone else, or eventually sell it.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']
Not going to lie though, these prices are pretty meh, considering you can pick most of these up in-store for not only about the same price, or in some cases cheaper, but you have the PHYSICAL disc, in case you decide you want to share it with someone else, or eventually sell it.[/QUOTE]Not everyone prefers a physical disc to a digital download. There are a few pretty good deals that haven't gotten cheaper on Steam or Impulse if you are someone who prefers digital games.

Not a bad deal when combined with the Wendy's deal to get five dollars. Mercenaries 2 for only $2 is a pretty decent deal.

not bad but given that many of the more popular releases are also on Steam i'll just wait till the christmas sale on that and see what that brings.

What's the Wendy's deal??? I have $20 credit at the EA store after a debacle with my CE copy of Dragon Age that I'm itching to use.

[quote name='qwerty1']not bad but given that many of the more popular releases are also on Steam i'll just wait till the christmas sale on that and see what that brings.[/QUOTE]

Probably nothing. I waited last year to see if Crysis dropped in price and it did, but only by $3. I'm not expecting EA to have any nice price drops considering majority of their bundles don't even have discounts. They only save you the time adding one item to the shopping cart rather then 2 or 3.

I'd jump on this deal for a copy of Mass Effect if I could use it as a Steam game. I love me some DD but I hate buying from any place other than Steam.

[quote name='mikespit1']I'd jump on this deal for a copy of Mass Effect if I could use it as a Steam game. I love me some DD but I hate buying from any place other than Steam.[/QUOTE]

You didn't pick up Mass Effect when it was the weekend deal on Steam a few weeks back?

The one game I wanted to get from them isn't on the list. I wanted to check out the new tropico 3 game seeing as how i've already played the remaining games on the list. I'm not paying full price for it.

[quote name='mailman27']You didn't pick up Mass Effect when it was the weekend deal on Steam a few weeks back?[/QUOTE]

Sadly yes. I've beaten the game already and had a massive credit card bill to pay off at the time. Kicking myself still.

Hey guys, just an FYI, This is why I stick with Steam/XBL/PSN for Digital Distribution:

How do I re-download software that I have purchased?
Note: Digital download rights remain available for one year after date of purchase.
So, you are not Buying the game, you're pretty much renting access to it for 1 year. Unless you've got an incredible backup scheme, and you never re-download content, you're screwed. This is lame.
Just checked my Steam account and they have stuff for me dating back to 2007. Good luck getting something you purchase from EA now, after this time next year.

Buyer Beware.

bread's done
Back