Eat Lead (PS3/360) $10, Virtua Tennis 09 (360) $11 and More - Newegg Early BF Sale

Hydro2Oxide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Eat Lead for the 360. I've heard it has some decent humor, and its had my interest for a while.

I mean... Will Arnett=InstaPurchase.

[quote name='Justin42']Dammit, just bought Onechanbara from Amazon ... it's really a pretty fun (if sorta mindless) hack/slash game... I thought it was a pretty good buy at $20 so for $10 it's a no-brainer. (if you like this sort of game)[/QUOTE]

I have it for the Wii. It gets pretty boring after awhile, especially when your arms are tired from all the slashing. If the 360 version is $9.99, I'd get it.

Any reason (besides achievements) to get the 360 Virtua Tennis if you already have the Wii version (and I have Virtua Tennis 3 already)? I know the graphics are better but it doesn't sound like there's much in terms of gameplay that is different (With the Wii version arguably being better due to WM+)

[quote name='Justin42']Any reason (besides achievements) to get the 360 Virtua Tennis if you already have the Wii version (and I have Virtua Tennis 3 already)? I know the graphics are better but it doesn't sound like there's much in terms of gameplay that is different (With the Wii version arguably being better due to WM+)[/QUOTE]

There isn't even a reason to get VT 2009 over the previous year's version. This latest one is terrible in comparison.

Grabbed (X360) VT09 and Eat Lead for gifts since I have both of em on PS3 already. Also nabbed a Onechanbara.

Thanks for the post

[quote name='Rig']Is this Onechanbara the same as the 360 one? Because I rented that piece of shit, and took it back about 30 minutes after renting it. Not worth the $4 it took to rent that garbage.[/QUOTE]

The 360 and Wii versions are different games. One is a prequel to the other. I'm sure it's garbage, but I bought it anyway. :cool:

Wow.. there are some pretty good 360 titles for $9.99 including: Operation Darkness, Project Sylpheed, Blue Dragon, Kameo, etc. I never knew NewEgg carried these games. :cold:

Edit: Doesn't the Arcade Unplugged disc come with a free month of XBL?

[quote name='mis0']Wow.. there are some pretty good 360 titles for $9.99 including: Operation Darkness, Project Sylpheed, Blue Dragon, Kameo, etc. I never knew NewEgg carried these games. :cold:

Edit: Doesn't the Arcade Unplugged disc come with a free month of XBL?[/QUOTE]

Check the Newegg $15 or less thread for more deals like that.

[quote name='sabanoo']Check the Newegg $15 or less thread for more deals like that.[/QUOTE]

I never knew there was thread. :cold:

I may pick up at that Arcade Unplugged.

For those on the fence over Eat Lead, go for it. I enjoyed playing it and laughed out loud plenty throughout. It's a solidly B-grade third person shooter with functional cover mechanics.

[quote name='mis0']Wow.. there are some pretty good 360 titles for $9.99 including: Operation Darkness, Project Sylpheed, Blue Dragon, Kameo, etc. I never knew NewEgg carried these games. :cold:

Edit: Doesn't the Arcade Unplugged disc come with a free month of XBL?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does,I bought it from newegg a week ago, but it says it expires on june 20 2007. I entered the code and it didn't reject the code. I haven't tried to apply it yet though. I just bought a 360 so I'm not sure how redemption codes work on the 360. On the ps3, if you enter the code and it's expired it rejects it immediately.

In for one Matt Hazard for PS3.

I know it isn't a great game...but for the humor, decent gameplay, and especially $10...there's no reason for me to say no.

Thanks again TC!

I'm seriously considering picking up House of the Dead: Overkill and the Bikini Zombie Killer game.... Two games for $22.98 is very tempting. (...but I have AC2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii coming next week... Gah!)

Had I not already bought and beat FEAR 2, I probably would give FEAR 1 a try. I liked FEAR 2, but I just don't feel compelled at all to play through its predecessor I guess after the reviews I read.

Good deals all around though.

Fear one is awesome... actaully i think i liked FEAR FILES the best. Played all 3, good games not scary though. FEAR FILES i think was the scariest though. FEAR was the least scary for sure. But a good game. for 10 bucks how can you go wrong.

Ps3 Matt hazzard here. I have been wanting this game as it looks funny, but never thought it was worth it. 10 bucks is my price point.

[quote name='dmdragon']Ps3 Matt hazzard here. I have been wanting this game as it looks funny, but never thought it was worth it. 10 bucks is my price point.[/QUOTE]

ditto....i've wanted to take a chance on this game for some time but i was willing to pay more than $20 for it.....i could do $10.

[quote name='Virsago']Yes it does,I bought it from newegg a week ago, but it says it expires on june 20 2007. I entered the code and it didn't reject the code. I haven't tried to apply it yet though. I just bought a 360 so I'm not sure how redemption codes work on the 360. On the ps3, if you enter the code and it's expired it rejects it immediately.[/QUOTE]

The code should work. I used the expired code and got a month of xbox live.

Well I beat Eat Lead and I must say that it's a frustrating piece of a game, you'll see, I have never seen such a bunch of jittery AI characters in a game, is it worth $10? I dunno.

Meh. Adding the $10 Nyko Perfect Shot upped the free shipping to $7 on my order so I decided against it.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Gamespot gave 3 out of 10
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...vert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review

Ign gave 6.9 out of 10.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/953/953940p1.html

Not sure it worth $10 or not ?[/QUOTE]

It's not a AAA title, but I'm playing it right now and it's a lot of fun IMO. Though, I'll be honest sometimes I enjoy the...satirical aspects of a game more than the game itself (I had a blast with Postal 2 also). B grade games are kind of my niche, I guess.

Anyway, it's a great game IMO. Unlockable characters, mission style system, semi-unique gameplay (Wiimote slashing is great, gets me into the game at least), eye candy (who doesn't want to play as a bikini clad vixen slaying zombies? Seriously), etc. Auto targeting can be frustrating and the levels are very linear, but it's still a fun game. For $10 you could do much worse, anyway.

I'm a demo guy. I've played through VT 09's demo, and thought the controls were great. But, as a tennis game, I wouldn't plunge $60 at the time because: A) Sports games, as a whole, tend to be rehashes of the previous game. B) They lose trade-in value faster than Ryan Leaf's career, and C) Most AI tend to be crazy frustrating later in these types of games.

But $10 is a good price point to bite for this and Eat Lead.

Got my packages from newegg today. The virtua tennis is all fucked up looking. Looks like a game that was left out in the sun for weeks on end, front and back. I'm pissed that they sent me a game in this condition.

Got my Eat Lead today. Disc was wobbling all over the place in the package and not secured, but it's not NewEgg's fault. It was shrinkwrapped, though I don't know if it's resealed or original. Don't really care either way. Looks brand new, though.

I love Newegg. If you have an issue, their customer support is awesome.

Yeah, my Newegg shipping label says RMA Warehouse, so that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that they're sending brand new factory sealed games...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back