EB B&M - Trade in 3 DVD's, get $10 bonus credit

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Brother told me of this deal tonight over dinner when he did a call to work, mentioned it starts tomorrow or sometime this week.. said there's no exclusions.. take it for what it's worth.

[quote name='Josef']No exclusions? Don't a lot of stores sell $1 DVD's now? :D[/quote]

Normally the stores like "Dollar General" and the like where everything's a $1.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Josef']No exclusions? Don't a lot of stores sell $1 DVD's now? :D[/quote]

Normally the stores like "Dollar General" and the like where everything's a $1.[/quote]
Target has those old TV shows and movies on DVD for a buck a piece.

hope this is for real. i work at a used cd/dvd store, and i can score used dvd's for way cheap. i'd love to payoff some more preorders.

I'd like to hear more about this. I wonder how long it'll take them to not accept dollar DVDs. Lots of Drug Stores sell them also.

[quote name='Swift900']Must learn of the exclusions...[/quote]

im gonna check this thread tom. before I goto target and maybe a list or rules of exclusion will be up.

Please oh please be true!!! BTW, thanks for posting this scorch... but how the hell do you expect me to sleep now? Im goign to be dreaming math the whole night!

It's strange though. How could they ever make an exclusion list that isn't 500 pages long? It's not like they can say "no dollar store DVDs" and enforce it in any reasonable way.

Although, when you THINK about it...3 DVDs for a 10 dollar bonus, is only $3.33 per DVD. A dollar DVD is going to ring up as probably next to nothing, so your profit margin isn't that big.

The guy that works at a used DVD store will make out like a bandit, because he'll be able to trade in well known DVDs for cheap and get good credit value for them.

This would be awesome if there is a no exclusion list. Dollar store, target, and walmart here I come if that is the case. I don't know how they would make an exclusion list of 500 or more titles without a few getting through, but the only way I could think of is if they say that each DVD must have a hard case with it. Still, my local rental shop sells old boxes 10 for a $1 so it wouldn't be too bad.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']This would be awesome if there is a no exclusion list. Dollar store, target, and walmart here I come if that is the case. I don't know how they would make an exclusion list of 500 or more titles without a few getting through, but the only way I could think of is if they say that each DVD must have a hard case with it. Still, my local rental shop sells old boxes 10 for a $1 so it wouldn't be too bad.[/quote]

Yeah, they'll probably exclude any DVD's that don't come with a case, and if I'm correct, a lot of those $1 DVD's don't come with a regular case.

[quote name='Josef'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']This would be awesome if there is a no exclusion list. Dollar store, target, and walmart here I come if that is the case. I don't know how they would make an exclusion list of 500 or more titles without a few getting through, but the only way I could think of is if they say that each DVD must have a hard case with it. Still, my local rental shop sells old boxes 10 for a $1 so it wouldn't be too bad.[/quote]

Yeah, they'll probably exclude any DVD's that don't come with a case, and if I'm correct, a lot of those $1 DVD's don't come with a regular case.[/quote]

Most come in a cardboard case instead of a hard plastic case.

They could exclude foreign DVDs, workout dvds, music video DVDs, DVDs made before a certain year, DVDs that were re-released as special and/or fixed editions, etc etc.

No matter how long the list, once it hits the register the machine will say whether or not it goes. I'm not getting my hopes up LOL

Yeah I saw this flyer at work the other day. It says trade in 3 select DVD titles and get $10.00 extra trade in credit. Basically works the same way the video game trade in deals work (PO/POX). There is a exclusion list, but EB doesn't make out a list for excluded DVDs, so you just have to ask them to look it up in the computer. Also DVDs have to be complete with the case and DVD, and usually if the DVD's don't scan into the computer it is considered excluded I believe as they take it under a SKU "POX - DVD No/Box Instructions". There was also a flyer for 20% off pre-played sports title 2004 or older, but who really cares about that :)

[quote name='ratedpeej']No matter how long the list, once it hits the register the machine will say whether or not it goes. I'm not getting my hopes up LOL[/quote]

This is probably the big factor -- I would wager that most of those "dollar store dvds" aren't in the system. (i.e.: no titles excluded, but the really cheap stuff isn't likely to be in the system)

Many DVDs are excluded, just like games. This one really won't be worth the time or money, trust me. I don't mean to be a downer; I work at an EB, and if I thought this was anything to rave about I would have done so the second I found out. I can field any questions though.

I remember when they had thier 10 year aniversary and dvd's were trading in at $10 a piece.
It was on the same weekend as my birthday, and instead of spending the cash i got on an xbox, i paid for it in dvd trade ins.

The exclusion list is most likely to be DVD studio-based. That's how Gamestop does it with their "trade in any 3 for a DVD pre-order" deal.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Blockbuster / Gamerush does at least $5 per DVD.. limit 20 per day. So, if you have a Blockbuster or Gamerush they offer a better deal.[/quote]

But, Blockbuster has a bigger exclusion list. They do not accept just anything that's on a DVD. I tried some CrossGen comic book DVDs at Blockbuster and they wouldn't take them in. EB would accept them, but only at $0.50 each. I paid $0.60 each at TRU, so this $10 bonus might just work for me.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Blockbuster / Gamerush does at least $5 per DVD.. limit 20 per day. So, if you have a Blockbuster or Gamerush they offer a better deal.[/quote]

Do they guarantee at least $5 for every DVD at gamerush?

Yep, at least $5. You can't screw them w/ dollar tree DVD's. But, they will take any 'legit' US DVD movie... I made enough for my PSP with a few trips. They never turned down 1 of them.

[quote name='fwacce'][quote name='soulwish2003']Blockbuster / Gamerush does at least $5 per DVD.. limit 20 per day. So, if you have a Blockbuster or Gamerush they offer a better deal.[/quote]

Do they guarantee at least $5 for every DVD at gamerush?[/quote]

[quote name='fwacce'][quote name='soulwish2003']Blockbuster / Gamerush does at least $5 per DVD.. limit 20 per day. So, if you have a Blockbuster or Gamerush they offer a better deal.[/quote]

wow i just might have to make a special trip since they are at least 5 for every dvd.. i can get some "legit" movies.. do they mater if they are older movie DVDs?

Pretty much anything they sell at CompUSA, BestBuy, Circuit City, or Frys can be traded in at Gamerush/Blockbuster. One thing that was weird was a Christmas DVD they gave away free at Sears a few years back if you spent $20. I thought I would give it a shot - got $7.50 for this one and he said they were happy to get it.

Free cereal DVD's, Dollar store and sampler DVD's are pretty much a no go.

[quote name='urzishra14'][quote name='fwacce'][quote name='soulwish2003']Blockbuster / Gamerush does at least $5 per DVD.. limit 20 per day. So, if you have a Blockbuster or Gamerush they offer a better deal.[/quote]

wow i just might have to make a special trip since they are at least 5 for every dvd.. i can get some "legit" movies.. do they mater if they are older movie DVDs?[/quote]

So this starts tomorrow? I'll have to find out if anime titles are included in this deal. From the looks of it, my chances don't seem too good, but it'll be worth a phone call.

A list of what will work would be nice, but again... It's going to be huge and most of it will probably be YMMV.

I'm going to pick up some US movies from Walgreens or Mediaplay and see if I can turn a profit or something.

What are the pre-bonus trade-in-values for came-out-last-year DVD's? If its greater than $5, than this deal might be worth it.

[quote name='woobacca']So this starts tomorrow? I'll have to find out if anime titles are included in this deal. From the looks of it, my chances don't seem too good, but it'll be worth a phone call.[/quote]

yeah, I'd like to know too

[quote name='Josef']No exclusions? Don't a lot of stores sell $1 DVD's now? :D[/quote]

Dude ive been to 99 cent stores that sell dvd...do you realize what this means, my god.

why the heck is this still labeled as unconfirmed? it's been confirmed by several employees and managers, including myself, and it's been explained that there ARE exclusions, and that you won't know whether a dvd is eligible until it's scanned. what's the problem?

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']why the heck is this still labeled as unconfirmed? it's been confirmed by several employees and managers, including myself, and it's been explained that there ARE exclusions, and that you won't know whether a dvd is eligible until it's scanned. what's the problem?[/quote]

Because i'm lazy and sleep late

bread's done
Back