EB B&M - Trade in 3 DVD's, get $10 bonus credit

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Brother told me of this deal tonight over dinner when he did a call to work, mentioned it starts tomorrow or sometime this week.. said there's no exclusions.. take it for what it's worth.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']do you get 10 bonus credit for every 3 dvds u trade in?[/quote]
Same question.

I have about 21 I think I could unload (if they accept them).

[quote name='soulwish2003']Blockbuster / Gamerush does at least $5 per DVD.. limit 20 per day. So, if you have a Blockbuster or Gamerush they offer a better deal.[/quote]

Oh man, I loved it whenever they gave you at least 8 dollars, I got like 200 dollars from that. :D

And I only traded in cheap DVD's I had. I even took a few of the 4.99 DVD's they sold and sold them back for profit. O:)

still $5 per dvd at gamerush/blockbuster is probably better than what they will give you at eb. that is just a guess tho.

When did the $5 per dvd at blockbuster start? is that ongoing? because that is pretty hot.

I have a bunch of old DVDs that I recently bought new versions of. I wonder what I would get for these with the $10. I have:

Daredevil
Get Shorty
Donnie Darko
Shawshank Redemption
Heat
Clerks
Traffic
The Professional
Hoosiers (if I buy the new version this week)

I'd trade them into BB, but I rarely buy stuff from there and there's no Gamerush here that I know of.

[quote name='Machikunas']You bought Daredevil? ... wait, you bought Daredevil twice?!?[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly. What were you thinking?

[quote name='Swift900'][quote name='Machikunas']You bought Daredevil? ... wait, you bought Daredevil twice?!?[/quote]

Honestly. What were you thinking?[/quote]

I didn't think it was that bad. I love comic book movies. I thought the Hulk was good too. Sometimes mindless movies are refreshing (although I don't think the Hulk was mindless).

To each his own. I suspect there are movies you like that I think are complete crap. It doesn't mean you're wrong, just that I am right. :D

So the deal is that you can trade in any 3 DVD's for $10 bonus credit. No exclusions? Does the box need to be the plastic kind or can it be the cardboard kind

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Swift900'][quote name='Machikunas']You bought Daredevil? ... wait, you bought Daredevil twice?!?[/quote]

Honestly. What were you thinking?[/quote]

I didn't think it was that bad. I love comic book movies. I thought the Hulk was good too. Sometimes mindless movies are refreshing (although I don't think the Hulk was mindless).

To each his own. I suspect there are movies you like that I think are complete crap. It doesn't mean you're wrong, just that I am right. :D[/quote]

I've never seen Daredevil, but I'll probably pick up the original DVD, since it still has a lot of bonuses. I also liked The Hulk, so I need that DVD too. :)

And, to answer the above poster, I do believe it needs an official case, not sure what they'll do about those Warner Bros. snap cases, though. I hate those. :twisted:

[quote name='bowmanarmy']YAY I can get rid of Cabin Boy[/quote]

Blasphemy!!!!! For ye punishment, ye must purchase Get A Life Volume 1 starring non-other than the mighty Chris Elliott and his special pal S.P.E.W.E.Y.

[quote name='spindevil999'][quote name='bowmanarmy']YAY I can get rid of Cabin Boy[/quote]

Blasphemy!!!!! For ye punishment, ye must purchase Get A Life Volume 1 starring non-other than the mighty Chris Elliott and his special pal S.P.E.W.E.Y.[/quote]

Woah, is that on dvd now? I missed spewey...

Gamestop has better trade in offer where I live,

trade in 3 DVD get addtional 30% trade in credit.

and they offer alot for my DVD's, around $6.50 for Songebob DVD's.

I tried it yesterday and a lot more dvd's were accepted of mine then I thought there would be. I traded in 16 dvd's and only 5 of them didn't qualify. I ended up getting a little over $75 for mine, not too bad and better then the $45 I would of got.

[quote name='thirteenyahs']I tried it yesterday and a lot more dvd's were accepted of mine then I thought there would be. I traded in 16 dvd's and only 5 of them didn't qualify. I ended up getting a little over $75 for mine, not too bad and better then the $45 I would of got.[/quote]

Do you mind telling us what the 5 were that weren't accepted?

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='thirteenyahs']I tried it yesterday and a lot more dvd's were accepted of mine then I thought there would be. I traded in 16 dvd's and only 5 of them didn't qualify. I ended up getting a little over $75 for mine, not too bad and better then the $45 I would of got.[/quote]

Do you mind telling us what the 5 were that weren't accepted?[/quote]
Same question.

I'm wondering if they need to be from major studios. I have some classic, cheap DVDs that I know won't be in the system but I'm hoping they'll still accept them. Only one way to find out I guess.

If you guys got a moviestop in your place you can trade 3 dvds and get a new release for free, of course those $1 dvds are excluded

i was in eb today and asked the guy about it

he said that eb didn't come up with a list of exclusions yet

i dunno if he's right or not about exclusions

the deal goes on until 4/2/05. There are exclusions (the DVDs that ring up under as POX instead of PO, just like how the exclusion list for games are). All the games have to be complete with the original case. Its also a limit of 9 dvds that you can do on every transaction.

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
TMNT 2
The Fast and the Furious
The Ring
8 mile

the last 2 surprised me that they didn't qualify when Vegas Vacation, Baseketball, and Super Troopers did.

Just got back from EB. I got a little over $200 for the following movies;

SWAT, Out Cold, Basic Instinct, Lilo and Stitch, Planet of the Apes, Daredevil, A Guy Thing, Timeline, Master and Commander, The Waterboy, IT, My Big Fat Greek Weeding, X-Files Fight for the Future (excluded), Brock Lesnar: Here Comes the Pain (excluded), There's Something About Mary, WWF Judgment Day 2001 (excluded), WWF Backlash 2001 (excluded), Domestic Disturbance, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (excluded), Showgirls, WWF Funniest Moments (excluded), WWF Ramped Up: The Videos vol. 1 (excluded), Ronin, Like Mike, Tortilla Soup and Reservoir Dogs.

[quote name='mofo1115']i was in eb today and asked the guy about it

he said that eb didn't come up with a list of exclusions yet

i dunno if he's right or not about exclusions[/quote]

I was in EB today and they said the list was long as hell but mostly crap dvds were on there. They rattled off a few of the names of the dvds on the pox list and my thoughts were "no one has those, not even stupid people."

[quote name='NSYNC']Just got back from EB. I got a little over $200 for the following movies;

SWAT, Out Cold, Basic Instinct, Lilo and Stitch, Planet of the Apes, Daredevil, A Guy Thing, Timeline, Master and Commander, The Waterboy, IT, My Big Fat Greek Weeding, X-Files Fight for the Future (excluded), Brock Lesnar: Here Comes the Pain (excluded), There's Something About Mary, WWF Judgment Day 2001 (excluded), WWF Backlash 2001 (excluded), Domestic Disturbance, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (excluded), Showgirls, WWF Funniest Moments (excluded), WWF Ramped Up: The Videos vol. 1 (excluded), Ronin, Like Mike, Tortilla Soup and Reservoir Dogs.[/quote]

Winner!

How the hell is Dodgeball excluded? It just came out! Looks like I may rummage through older crap DVD's for some credit..

[quote name='Scorch']
How the hell is Dodgeball excluded? It just came out! Looks like I may rummage through older crap DVD's for some credit..[/quote]

Fox lowered alot of their recently released DVDs around Christmas. I think I saw it at my one of wal-marts for $8 around that time. I'm willing to bet Garfield is also on the excluded list.

I don't know why Dodgeball was excluded, but I only paid $8.33 for it at Hollywood Video and they were offering me $6.06, so I traded it in. I was also about to trade in the first four seasons of The Simpsons, but the first two were excluded and three was only worth $7, while four would've got $15 before the bonus.

seems for this deal to be worth it each of the three dvd's would have to only cost us about 1-2 bucks each. Anyone know where there are dollar or 2 dollar dvds that wouldn't be on the exclusion list?

[quote name='cag1000']seems for this deal to be worth it each of the three dvd's would have to only cost us about 1-2 bucks each. Anyone know where there are dollar or 2 dollar dvds that wouldn't be on the exclusion list?[/quote]

im guessing there are none :whistle2:(

Seems like this would only be a cost effective deal if you were planning on trading in quality DVDs you were bored with anyway. To get the actual trade-in value, plus the bonus, like the poster at the top of this page.

Now, if it were $10 PER DVD (or $5, like the recent game deal), then that's different.

$3.33 isn't worth the energy to find super cheap stuff that probably won't be accepted anyway.

[quote name='NSYNC']Just got back from EB. I got a little over $200 for the following movies;

SWAT, Out Cold, Basic Instinct, Lilo and Stitch, Planet of the Apes, Daredevil, A Guy Thing, Timeline, Master and Commander, The Waterboy, IT, My Big Fat Greek Weeding, X-Files Fight for the Future (excluded), Brock Lesnar: Here Comes the Pain (excluded), There's Something About Mary, WWF Judgment Day 2001 (excluded), WWF Backlash 2001 (excluded), Domestic Disturbance, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (excluded), Showgirls, WWF Funniest Moments (excluded), WWF Ramped Up: The Videos vol. 1 (excluded), Ronin, Like Mike, Tortilla Soup and Reservoir Dogs.[/quote]

I thought the flyer originally said that each person could only trade in 9 DVDs. I wasn't sure if that meant at one time, or total. But I guess not.

Just got back from trading in some DVDs at EB. Here's the full details for anyone still unsure :

You can only trade in 9 at one time, the computer will not accept any more and will not give you the $10 bonus for anything over 9. However, if you have a decent rep helping you, usually they'll just do your first 9 on one transaction, then do another transaction for any more you have. That's what they did for me.

All POX titles are excluded. When you go to trade in the DVDs, look at the little machine where you swipe your credit card/EB Edge card. After the guy hits the total button (or whatever they hit), you'll be able to see which ones are POX and which are PO. Again, POX do NOT qualify for the $10 bonus credit but can still be traded in for their normal credit.

Here's the DVDs I took in that did NOT qualify - Glengarry Glenross, The Cable Guy, Wall Street, Far Out Man, WWE : Triple H, and Feeders. I ended up giving them HHH and Feeders anyhow, because they each landed me almost $5 in credit.

So on the first transaction (first 9) I traded in Half Past Dead, Out of Time, Mothers Day, Ghostbusters, Puppet Masters, About Schmidt, Rambo 3, Simpsons Season 4, and Blade Runner Directors Cut. On the second transaction I traded in LOTR : Two Towers, Made, Freeway, Feeders, and HHH. I got a total of $80 between the two transactions. Picked up Outrun 2 for Xbox and still have $60 left. Not too shabby.

It would be really hard to "scam" EB this time with this deal. Most of the "Wal Mart $5 bin" DVDs only ring up normally for $1 in credit. Add the $3.33 bonus and you still aren't getting your money back.

1. What if the DVD isn't even on the exclusion list?
2. Any chance they will just manually include it for you?
3. Is it a basic rule that these should be from major studios?

[quote name='yeldarb367']1. What if the DVD isn't even on the exclusion list?
3. Is it a basic rule that these should be from major studios?[/quote]

1) If the DVD isn't on the exclusion list it qualifies for the bonus. I thought I'd explained that clearly enough.

2) No. They can put it in under a "generic SKU" if the DVD doesn't scan in their system at all, but all you get for it is like $1.00 and it does not qualify for the bonus.

3) No. I took in a Troma DVD and they accepted it. It really is YMMV and you have to take it down there to find out if the system will accept it or not.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='yeldarb367']1. What if the DVD isn't even on the exclusion list?
3. Is it a basic rule that these should be from major studios?[/quote]

1) If the DVD isn't on the exclusion list it qualifies for the bonus. I thought I'd explained that clearly enough.

2) No. They can put it in under a "generic SKU" if the DVD doesn't scan in their system at all, but all you get for it is like $1.00 and it does not qualify for the bonus.

3) No. I took in a Troma DVD and they accepted it. It really is YMMV and you have to take it down there to find out if the system will accept it or not.[/quote]
1 and 2 were kind of meant to go together. I was basically asking what if it isn't on the exclusion list or the 'inclusion list.' Meaning they don't even have it in their system. I guess in this case they just do what you said in #2. Enter in manually but don't let it qualify for the deal. Thanks for the quick response.

the Teen Wolf/Teen Wolf Too dvd is excluded.

Police Academy, Mighty Joe Young, the Sixth Sense, Space Cowboys, and the Neverending Story will work.

I actually did this with a bunch of 1 dollar DVDs and got a good amount of credit. DVDs that I know work are Scrooge and Four Deuces. On top of that, both of those get 3 dollars each.

[quote name='Kuros']I actually did this with a bunch of 1 dollar DVDs and got a good amount of credit. DVDs that I know work are Scrooge and Four Deuces. On top of that, both of those get 3 dollars each.[/quote]

Do you remember anymore? Do you have the reciept? List all of the dvd's. Thank You.

bread's done
Back