EB-Dec Flyers! AMAZING CONSOLE DEALS!

Nucking futs! Hannah Montana contest!

Oh, and the $200 off any system is nice too, I guess...

Wait. A PSP bundle is still $30 after the trade ins? I thought those dropped to $200...

[quote name='mrelusive']Nucking futs! Hannah Montana contest!

Oh, and the $200 off any system is nice too, I guess...

Wait. A PSP bundle is still $30 after the trade ins? I thought those dropped to $200...[/quote]

Nah, they're FREE!

The flyers are printed b4 the price drop!

I agree. I could see myself spending pretty much nothing on a PSP (or $200 on a PS3), but I don't have enough games I want to get rid of, and while I guess you can probably track a bunch of $8TIV games for probably $150 or less, that seems like a lot of work these days... was much easier when there were still a reasonable number of last-gen games with good trade-in values.

Thanks for the heads up. Shame I got rid of a bunch last trade in for a DS promo. I don't think I have 8 left. If I'm reading this correctly...you can trade in MAX 8 games to get the bonus. Does this mean I can trade in 3 and get $25 credit each towards a system if they're worth at least $8 TIV?

[quote name='vicious7171']Thanks for the heads up. Shame I got rid of a bunch last trade in for a DS promo. I don't think I have 8 left. If I'm reading this correctly...you can trade in MAX 8 games to get the bonus. Does this mean I can trade in 3 and get $25 credit each towards a system if they're worth at least $8 TIV?[/quote]

Yup, 25 TIV each game, up to 8 games.

[quote name='gamer602']Yup, 25 TIV each game, up to 8 games.[/quote]
Holy shit! I didn't know this until now! Definitely going to try and get $100 of the PSP!

Can anyone confirm that these are $8+ (off the top of your head)?
Donkey Konga 1 w/o Bongos (says $12 on Wiki, but that was April)
Dead Rising (again, $12 on Wiki, but it says August)
NBA 2k7

I'll phone tomorrow if otherwise. But if any of you west-coasters wanna ring your EB up... :)
I'd be eternally grateful.

[quote name='mrelusive']Think DR was still $12 in October if that helps. I doubt any 2k7/07 game would have a TIV >= $8.[/quote]

That's what I thought, the Wiki says $8 and it was updated October 17th (about 2 weeks after 2k8 came out). Can't hurt trying!
And I've managed to get 8 games that are guaranteed $8+ ^_^ Anyone know if Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2) is $8 or more? Again, I'll phone tomorrow, but it's just closed now.

It's «good» that I recently traded-in my 8$+ TIV games... I would have been tempted to pay 100$ for a DS.

Since I do not need it, it's perfect!

Good promotions on consoles.

[quote name='Skardee']That's what I thought, the Wiki says $8 and it was updated October 17th (about 2 weeks after 2k8 came out). Can't hurt trying!
And I've managed to get 8 games that are guaranteed $8+ ^_^ Anyone know if Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2) is $8 or more? Again, I'll phone tomorrow, but it's just closed now.[/quote]

IT IS!

[quote name='gamer602']IT IS![/quote]

That makes me a happy panda ^_^
And when I said 8 games earlier, I meant 6. But I guess now it's 7. Maybe even 9 if DKa and NBA 2k7 work (I doubt it though). Best case scenario: I can save myself WarioWare or Mario Kart DS (or trade it in for a nice game :)).

[quote name='Firestorm']Don't you want a PSP?
7 x 25 = $175
PSP = $170

Unless you want a Daxter or Star Wars bundle, you already have enough games =P[/quote]

I don't have any PSP games... >_____>

[quote name='Skardee']That makes me a happy panda ^_^
And when I said 8 games earlier, I meant 6. But I guess now it's 7. Maybe even 9 if DKa and NBA 2k7 work (I doubt it though). Best case scenario: I can save myself WarioWare or Mario Kart DS (or trade it in for a nice game :)).[/quote]

And DK WILL work, they sell it for 30 ish...

I really hate how you have to have 8 games exactly like I asked them how much Bioshock would bring in they said 21 or 23 I believe and I asked if I gave two games worth that credit could I still get a game for free they said no they need a third game???? WTF. BTW that day I was at Rogers when they had the 2 for $40 games and I saw 2 Bioshocks so I wanted to get tose two to trade in but it wasn't enough for them....

[quote name='Sejad']I really hate how you have to have 8 games exactly like I asked them how much Bioshock would bring in they said 21 or 23 I believe and I asked if I gave two games worth that credit could I still get a game for free they said no they need a third game???? WTF. BTW that day I was at Rogers when they had the 2 for $40 games and I saw 2 Bioshocks so I wanted to get tose two to trade in but it wasn't enough for them....[/quote]

You don't need exactly 8 games, friend! It's up to $200 off a Wii, 360, PS3, or PSP when you trade in a maximum of 8 games with a TIV of $8 or more. So if you trade in two Bioshocks, they would be bumped from $21 each to $25 each (so long as your EB accepts duplicates). Of course, the deal seems better with other, lower valued games.

Traded in 6 games + some trade in credit for the PSP Slim at Oakridge. Now I gotta track down a 4GB Pro Duo and convert all my videos. Also need to track down Tales of Eternia from a European CAG...

Picked up a Wii at the EB in Eaton Centre yesterday. I think that was definitely some good luck on my behalf, I kinda went on a whim and brought my trades to work with me just in case and they had about 3 left in stock. I'm fairly sure they hadn't had their shipment in very long either. Thanks for the heads up, now I get to play Super Mario Galaxy all Christmas :D

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Canada only not detroit.[/QUOTE]

wow, I guess canada could only be a cross of the bridge or possibly through the tunnel away, huh?

As I had asked before, anyone know when these deals start/stop?

How the hell does EB Canada stay in business with deals like these? I just traded in 6 copies of Katamari Damacy that traded at $9 apiece and all I would've needed was 2 more for $200 up in Canadaland. That's ridiculous. Do they just expect none of you to be cheapasses or something?

[quote name='TahoeMax']How the hell does EB Canada stay in business with deals like these? I just traded in 6 copies of Katamari Damacy that traded at $9 apiece and all I would've needed was 2 more for $200 up in Canadaland. That's ridiculous. Do they just expect none of you to be cheapasses or something?[/quote]

And our dollar is worth MORE than yours! So its like $204 AMERICAN!

[quote name='jennie25']wow, I guess canada could only be a cross of the bridge or possibly through the tunnel away, huh?

As I had asked before, anyone know when these deals start/stop?[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to be insulating? We get a lot of American's in the Canadian forum asking about these deals then get mad that they drove to their local EB and was unable to get it. I was trying to be polite and point out it was a Canadian deal to help you.

As to the info it has already started and can end at any time. Phone and ask the EB your will be going to and ask if it's still available before you drive across the boarder.

[quote name='TahoeMax']How the hell does EB Canada stay in business with deals like these? I just traded in 6 copies of Katamari Damacy that traded at $9 apiece and all I would've needed was 2 more for $200 up in Canadaland. That's ridiculous. Do they just expect none of you to be cheapasses or something?[/quote]

They aren't concerned with daily sales, trades, etc. Contrary to what the underpaid sales clerk will tell you, none of it truly matters in the big picture. The only thing that matters is the stock price of GameStop. IF their stock price goes down 1 cent, it will have more of an impact on the company than if they gave away half a store worth of product for free. If EB didn't run these crazy deals, a lot of people wouldn't shop there.

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']They aren't concerned with daily sales, trades, etc. Contrary to what the underpaid sales clerk will tell you, none of it truly matters in the big picture. The only thing that matters is the stock price of GameStop. IF their stock price goes down 1 cent, it will have more of an impact on the company than if they gave away half a store worth of product for free. If EB didn't run these crazy deals, a lot of people wouldn't shop there.[/quote]*puts hand up* i'm one of those, only reason i even set foot in EB is to take advantage of those deals, if not for those you couldn't pay me to go in there, course i'm infamous at the oakridge eb ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']*puts hand up* i'm one of those, only reason i even set foot in EB is to take advantage of those deals, if not for those you couldn't pay me to go in there, course i'm infamous at the oakridge eb ;)[/quote]

I went there and they seemed pretty nice =) One of the guys actually went to the same high school as me. Was a grade lower than me. I remember playing Mario Kart with him =P

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Are you trying to be insulating? We get a lot of American's in the Canadian forum asking about these deals then get mad that they drove to their local EB and was unable to get it. I was trying to be polite and point out it was a Canadian deal to help you.

As to the info it has already started and can end at any time. Phone and ask the EB your will be going to and ask if it's still available before you drive across the boarder.[/QUOTE]

of course I will call, there is no need to make a trip over there for nothing (I haven't been there since like 99/00... but then again, I just don't have time for anything really...

[quote name='Firestorm']I went there and they seemed pretty nice =) One of the guys actually went to the same high school as me. Was a grade lower than me. I remember playing Mario Kart with him =P[/quote]the current staff are pretty cool, a few of them know me by sight, though i'm pretty sure they don't remember my name :lol:

[quote name='maigoyume']*puts hand up* i'm one of those, only reason i even set foot in EB is to take advantage of those deals, if not for those you couldn't pay me to go in there, course i'm infamous at the oakridge eb ;)[/quote]
Now, now, What did you do at EB OAKRIDGE? Post the story(ies).

just things like how i know about the DotD, promotions, junk like that
oh and how i'm always jumping from store to store for games, eg. grabbed a bunch of sucky $4-6 games from the source at oakridge to trade in during the trade in 5 get extra $3 TiV promo

[quote name='turgore2008']I would do this but I don't have 8 games and I want to keep halo 3.[/quote]

You dont need 8, you get $25 for each game....

So:
1=25
2=50
3=75
4=100
5=125
6=150
7=175
8=200

hmm this is a crazy deal that every used game worth more than 8 bucks would be automatically bumped up to 25...it's a great excuse for me to get rid of those wii games including manhunt 2, NFS carbon, and ultimate alliance since I've either beat the game or lost my interest playing it. Now I was wondering if I could trade in a bunch of wii games for an xbox 360 console...I've seen tons of fairly new wii games ended up in the bargain bin at futureshop (ninjabread man or more). If I traded them in sealed, they must be worth more than 8 bucks...am I right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

[quote name='Rexthedude']hmm this is a crazy deal that every used game worth more than 8 bucks would be automatically bumped up to 25...it's a great excuse for me to get rid of those wii games including manhunt 2, NFS carbon, and ultimate alliance since I've either beat the game or lost my interest playing it. Now I was wondering if I could trade in a bunch of wii games for an xbox 360 console...I've seen tons of fairly new wii games ended up in the bargain bin at futureshop (ninjabread man or more). If I traded them in sealed, they must be worth more than 8 bucks...am I right? Please correct me if I am wrong.[/quote]

You're wrong. They can't buy them wrapped. Your best bet is to bring them in wrapped and see if they're worth opening so you can still take them back otherwise.

EB gives the same TIV even if sealed. They will take off $2 for scratched discs.

For games over $25 TIV, there's no need to bump it up. As said, you don't need 8 games, so 7 $8 TIV games and 1 $30 TIV game will give you $175+30=205 TIV towards a new console.

the only thing is that if you have 2-3 sealed games, they will look at you strangely, it's up to you if you say that you just bought the games !

[quote name='Rexthedude']yeah thanks for the response. I don't want to be stared at EB games so I might as well trade them in unwrapped[/quote]best to confirm if the TiV is 8+ BEFORE opening them, i used to bring a bucketload of sealed games to EB after i raided BBV and Rogers, they opened them on the spot, course i already knew the TiV's so that was fine by me

Sure. I just scored Elebits for 14.99 at rogers tonight and will probably try somewhere else tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

PS I was once noticed to stay away from sports games like NFL or Madden in tradings since those games are updated every year so I was wondering if anyone knew the TIV of Madden 07, NHL 07, and MVP 07 at EB games. Thanks!

bread's done
Back